NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gender in profile setup.

3 posters

Go down

Gender in profile setup. Empty Gender in profile setup.

Post by waxingjaney Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:01 pm

We should have more than the usual boring binary options.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Gender in profile setup. Empty Re: Gender in profile setup.

Post by Enail Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:27 pm

Good point! Unfortunately, I suspect that's beyond my powers (I am very much not an expert so I'm limited to what options the forum software makes readily available to me), but I will poke around and see if I can do anything about it.

EDIT: (for the second time, apparently I forgot to save it the first time.  Neutral ) I've made the Gender field a text box, so people can fill it with whatever is most appropriate rather than having to choose from a limited list.  

Totally unconnectedly and mysteriously innocent , you may notice that on your own profile, there is now a field of useless uselessness, which has options for male and female. It won't appear in your public profile, so you can safely ignore it. Sorry for the kludginess! Best I can do!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:32 pm

Another quick question - I see that I now have 2 reputation points, but I can't see to which posts I got these votes from :-(.
Anyway to fix that or tell me how do I see to from which posts I got these votes from?
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Unfortunately not (or at least not until Sangheilioz is able to take a look and sort us out with something better).

Your reputation comes from when anyone clicks Like on one of your posts, and individual posts will show how many times they've been Liked, but there's no way to see where all your reputation comes from.

I've been getting into the habit of leaving a message on their Visitor Message board with a link to what comment I'm Liking whenever I Like a comment so they'll know. But it's kind of a pain. Hopefully we'll be able to sort out something better soon, I know this is a feature that everyone would really like, but so far, I haven't been able to manage it. Apologies to all for my lack of technical skills.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:13 pm

Enail wrote:I've made the Gender field a text box, so people can fill it with whatever is most appropriate rather than having to choose from a limited list.

Good show.

Totally unconnectedly and mysteriously innocent , you may notice that on your own profile, there is now a field of useless uselessness, which has options for male and female.

Can you alter the choices to "breath mint" and "candy mint"?
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:59 pm

waxingjaney wrote:
Can you alter the choices to "breath mint" and "candy mint"?

Sadly, the choices are set in stone...but I've made them make slightly more sense with the field name.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum