NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

+29
The Mikey
DoubtfulGuest
Amygdala
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
eselle28
Jayce
HSavinien
litterature
KitKat
Fraulein42
BasedBuzzed
CP96
Chickpea Sarada
nearly_takuan
kath
caliseivy
WJMorris3
InkAndComb
Aggrax
reboot
The Wisp
Gentleman Johnny
UristMcBunny
ChrissyOrig
waxingjaney
Downvote
Gman
Enail
Robjection
33 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Gman Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:16 pm

This is one of the best electronic/dance/dubstep/alternative albums I have ever heard, period. There is a link in the video description with a completley free download link (links to bandcamp, where you can choose to download for free or give the dude who made them a couple of bucks). So awesome, especially the first song, "orphan":

Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Aggrax Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:08 pm

<.< >.> I might have listened to this today and broken into a spontaneous fit of silly dancing.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:41 am

MapWater wrote:There's only two albums that have ever made me cry and this is one of them...

-Pink Floyd's saddest album-

Oh man, me too, bruh. Like... holy crap, that album gets me all teary-eyed. So many good lines in those songs.

"Should we shout? Should we scream? What happened to the postwar dream? Oh Maggie, Maggie what have we done?" ;-;7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:52 am

God, I'm just taken aback how sadly beautiful this is. I'm not usually affected by music.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:02 am

The Mikey wrote:
MapWater wrote:There's only two albums that have ever made me cry and this is one of them...

-Pink Floyd's saddest album-

Oh man, me too, bruh. Like... holy crap, that album gets me all teary-eyed. So many good lines in those songs.

"Should we shout? Should we scream? What happened to the postwar dream? Oh Maggie, Maggie what have we done?" ;-;7

Roger Waters nothing if not a brilliant lyricist. I remember listening to it for the first time at like 3am in the morning while it was absolutely silent save for the music.

Among a small handful of others, it's an album I hold dear - my parents left Scotland because of Thatcher and one of my uncle's was Chief Warrant Officer on the HMS Conqueror when it sunk the ARA General Belgrano. I'm blown away to this day how relevant the album is to me. Kinda scary. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:45 pm

I have been loving Janelle Monae's new album! This song is what I listen to inbetween classes, and I've been singing it in the deli alot Grin

InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Here's one I've been having on in the background quite a bit lately.

Note that if you decide to actually watch this, you may be slightly squicked by the first 10 seconds or so.

I tell you, if it weren't for that logo in the bottom left, I would be giffing this video so hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:26 pm

Can't get this out of my head.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:36 pm

Mainly because of the news today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:54 pm

This entire album is a gem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:42 am

Considered by the family to be my theme song. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:08 am

Awesome song here!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:32 am

Going through a bunch of musical songs, and I came across this one. I always found this song to be hilarious.

The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm

My new addiction. Really like the lyrics, being happy when you see someone who you just click with and knowing that your interested. I start feeling confident listening to thisĀ  Loopy

Also, it's catchy to a faultĀ  Grin
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:42 am

If I ever get hitched, wouldn't mind this being the first dance song.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:42 am

WJMorris3 wrote:If I ever get hitched, wouldn't mind this being the first dance song.

Oh duuuude, I have soo many songs in mind for my *future* first dance...

Like Pachelbel's Canon in D, and yes I'd want the Evangelion version. Razz Or something else silly, like a Zeppelin tune.

Anyway, this has been in my head because my audio teacher has a hard-on for Steely Dan (and kept yammering on about Steely Dan and their damn near perfect recording techniques).

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:06 pm

I heard this at the end of the movie and fell in love with it.

This played on my Pandora station like a month ago and now I'm hooked

This last one because Ok Go + dogs = a happier day.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:48 pm

In reference to DNL's most recent article:

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:04 pm

This actually is a pretty nice piece:

waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:31 pm

I heard this watching Raging Bull, but I still think it's auditory poetry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Sunday morning brunch groove:

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:05 pm

Metallica Instrumentals. Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Loving the electro/old school aesthetics of this song. Also - it's really upbeat and happy:

Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:13 am

Prolly my second favorite Pink Floyd song next to 'Dogs' from the Animals album.

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:17 am

Lydia the Tattooed Lady Razz

kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum