Marge, is this a pimple or a boil? [fair warning for personal healthtalk]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marge, is this a pimple or a boil? [fair warning for personal healthtalk]

Post by fakely mctest on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:13 pm

Okay, so, in what I HOPE is the capper to the month that just won't quit I was bitten the other night in my under-boob area by what I really freaking hope was a spider but my doctor says might have been a tick (Lyme disease test results pending. Seriously WHAT IS GOING ON.) A slightly bloody, itchy lump on a breast is definitely something you want to wake up to on a Monday morning, holy nuts.

So I have a very pissed off, slightly tender, itchy patch in a...delicate area. The lump has gone down, but there's still a sizable irritated patch. Doctor recommends warm compresses. Does anyone know how long I should keep those on? I forgot to ask. Shrug

I also have something that apparently wants to turn into a sinus infection which has given me a sore throat and a metallic taste in my mouth and is making my tongue feel like I've eaten too much pineapple -- sort of burny and a bit swollen.

Anyone have advice for lessening...tongue swelling? Ugh.

General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marge, is this a pimple or a boil? [fair warning for personal healthtalk]

Post by waxingjaney on Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:44 pm

Can't help with the thick boron tongue issue, but depending on where the bug bite is, maybe you can cover it with a band aid or a pastie to keep it from chafing?
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Marge, is this a pimple or a boil? [fair warning for personal healthtalk]

Post by Enail on Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Gargle and rinse with salt water several times a day. Also, that sounds horrible! Poor Fakely Sad
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum