Always be a decent person - A Gentleman Johnny Anecdote

Go down

Always be a decent person - A Gentleman Johnny Anecdote

Post by Gentleman Johnny on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:07 am

So last year, I was seeing someone on and off. Her job had her spending half her time out of state and half her time here. It never really went anywhere but we kinda kept up contact and remained friends. About six months ago, her FB changes to In A Relationship. More recently it changed to Engaged. So, y'know, not gettin' any of that again any time soon. Anyway, she messages me tonight. Moving back to Vegas with the guy. . .who it turns out is a reasonably recognized comic writer. They're interested in going to one of the big events we perform at, so I promised to show them around and do introductions. She wants to get back into burlesque and was nudging me that if I wanted to pitch anything to her fiance, that would probably be a good idea. Unrelated to the anecdote proper, they also have a pool and want house sitting help when they're doing cons.

Many years ago in New York (around the 2004 election), there was this other woman I was kind of interested in, an editor at [Comic Company 1]. That one never even made it as far as the date stage because the guy she was kinda seeing became the guy she was definitely seeing, became her husband, father of her child. She lives in [not Vegas, Not New York] now, I think, and is an editor at [smaller Comic Company 2]. Anyone see where this is going yet? I've got an artist friend in the industry, too. The kind who would jump at the chance. Now obviously, nothing's set in stone but holy crap! The difference between being bitter and being able to let go easily and maintain a friendship is (potentially) the staff of my show's comic adaptation!

Gentleman Johnny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Always be a decent person - A Gentleman Johnny Anecdote

Post by Conreezy on Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Awesome, man, hope that works out for you!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:27 pm

I need to start taking pictures. The blue one was too small. Good concept but definitely something I should have ordered a size up. So far my favorite is the white with the big black panels.

Gentleman Johnny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum