NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus, I can't catch a break

3 posters

Go down

Jesus, I can't catch a break Empty Jesus, I can't catch a break

Post by Paladin Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:33 pm

So, when we last left our hero, he'd managed to salvage his relationship with his lovely ladyfriend. However, she eventually had to go back to the West Coast. But fear not! I had another friend who was out of state for the summer, but who was coming back right around the time The Girlfriend was leaving. And she had made it abundantly clear that she wanted to fuck my brains out. So, The Girlfriend leaves to go out west, I leave for Pennsic, and Other Friend comes back. As late as last week, we were still making plans to hang out after I got back from the War. So, I finally get back...and suddenly she starts ghosting a bit. Won't answer my texts. Won't talk to me much on FB. Won't answer questions about planning. You can guess where this is going.

Finally turns out that in the week between when she got back and when I got back, she'd starting seeing someone else. Mind you, we were never really even remotely exclusive (poly, after all), so she's well within her rights to do so. But it was a hell of an awful surprise. Of course, they haven't decided whether or not they're exclusive, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

So, not only do I have a MASSIVE case of Post-Pennsic drop, my girlfriend's gone for the next 6 months at least, my other potential girlfriend found someone else, work's slowed down so much that they forgot I was gone, and I have an empty schedule till the end of August. And I have No. Fucking. Idea. what to do, other than sit here, weep, and drink.

PS. The good news is the massive raging sexual frustration seems to have disappeared...along with every other drive and motivation I have. All has been consumed in the gnawing void in the pit of my stomach.

Paladin

Back to top Go down

Jesus, I can't catch a break Empty Re: Jesus, I can't catch a break

Post by reboundstudent Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:04 am

Well, um.... what do you do for fun usually? Like what are your hobbies besides weeping and drinking? Sounds like a good time to invest in those!
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladin Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:38 am

I've got plenty of hobbies-hell, I spent last week at a week long SCA event. But even then, I can only fill so many hours of the day with sewing projects or what have you. I'd be doing better except:

1, I'm not really working right now. That's probably my biggest priority, getting that straightened out, but it's not exactly a fun or refreshing process

2, I am so fucking tired of this sort of this thing happening. My luck with women (and in life in general, really), has been almost tragicomic at this point. Meet a cute girl at blues? Oh, too bad, she moved to fucking Idaho before I could get a second date. Spend all summer flirting with someone? Eh, she finds someone else the week before I get home. And it's never anything I've done, particularly, just fantastically bad timing. One of my friends has theorized there's actual a vast global conspiracy dedicated to keeping me from getting laid. Presumably this is to avoid some sort of eldritch apocalypse, but I'm hitting the point where I'd be willing to let the world burn if it meant getting some action.

Paladin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:33 am

OK, so first, post-con (or Pennsic or Wasteland or whatever) crash is fairly standard issue, so I know your pain. The bad luck thing also sucks but is something that happens. By all means take some time and bemoan but the only replacement is to find someone else to spend time with. Is there any possibility of finding another job to keep you busy or is your current one the type where they could call you back to full time at a moment's notice? If you've got the money, get out and meet people. SCA events are out but NERO/Dagohir/Darkon/Dystopia Rising are still going on if that's your kind of thing. If you like miniatures, find the shop near you that supports regular Malifaux events. I hear the gender ratio is much better than most game shop hobbies. In my town it was four women to two men but that's a bit skewed because two of them were the shop owner's daughters. Even if you don't meet a romantic interest, you're out being social playing games.

A a side note, eldritch apocalypses are not a good nookie-getting strategy. When's the last time you saw a Cthulhu cult leader surrounded by half-naked barbarian women? Thulsa Doom and he was a long fuckin' time ago.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum