NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online Dating Rants

+26
Amygdala
KitKat
Solvi
Hirundo Bos
caliseivy
kath
Kiskadee
CP96
reboot
WolfBlitzer
Izmuth
Perlandra
fakely mctest
nearly_takuan
WJMorris3
Gentleman Johnny
Enail
Robjection
Xexyz
Wondering
Nerdator
jcorozza
BasedBuzzed
litterature
The Wisp
eselle28
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Online Dating Rants - Page 5 Empty Re: Online Dating Rants

Post by ElizaJane Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:06 pm

Hi, random dude. What exactly was the point of messaging me just to snidely suggest I was hypocritical for being simultaneously Christian and okay with casual sex? Did it give you some warm glow of self-righteousness? If so, I have some conservative religious folks you'd probably get along with fabulously.

Seriously, I have zero issues reconciling my beliefs. If your worldview is too narrow to allow for thoughts with even that limited complexity, then it's way too narrow to encompass the glory that is me. I contain multitudes, jackass.

ElizaJane

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:01 am

I got this friendly message from a guy with a high match score. His profile location was set to a city on the other side of the country, but that's not that unusual in my area. Since it's pretty rural here, a lot of people who have recently moved keep their locations set to their previous residence. He made a nice, non-teasing joke about my profile, asked me if I'd tried the soup at a local restaurant, and also asked if I was up for getting drinks sometime.

And then he added a paragraph noting that he lived in the city on the other side of the country but that he'd always wanted to meet someone like me. Um, record scratch. He didn't offer any explanation why he was aware of the name of a local restaurant or its menu, nor did he elaborate on why it was so difficult for him to find someone of my rough description in a huge metropolis. I occasionally get emails from guys who live far away, which always mystifies me a bit, but this is the first one I've gotten that's presented itself as being from someone who lived nearby.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:33 pm

Do you think maybe he's from nearby? Like he grew up there?

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:54 pm

He mentions in his profile that he immigrated from another country as an adult, so I think that's out. Maybe he lived here at some point, though? In any case, it seems like you should mention that kind of thing and when/how long you'll be visiting next before you ask someone out for drinks. I think there's also a possibility that he just googled restaurants in my area or something.

It'll have to remain a mystery, because my urge to go on dates is low at the moment anyway, and this sort of oddness doesn't do much to change that!
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 am

Contrary to popular belief, displaying your middle finger in your profile pic does not make you look daring and iconoclastic. It just makes you look like a fifth grader.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 pm

So I had to denounce a dozen profiles on OKC because they were obviously fake. Now I kinda want to backhand the motherfucker who made them for making me think there were a lot of new super-compatible ladies in the area (there aren't many users around here) and getting my hopes up for nothing.

(One profile with super-wide preferences in men and only a couple of words in the description may be a lazy person. A lot of them smells like something's burning, especially when they all sound similar).

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebluedove Sat May 12, 2018 3:07 am

I've been online dating for five years and am still single.

Reading this thread has been a bit of a pressure release.

littlebluedove

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Thu May 24, 2018 9:04 pm

Same here. I'm going to leave the heterosexual side of it, it's a waste of time. I don't know if it is because there's a ton of lazy and inconsiderate women, or because it's what everybody else finds appropiate, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm in school again and can't expect people to treat me like a person on a regular basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by littlebluedove Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I think that online dating attracts a lot of lazy and inconsiderate people. For example, a lot of profiles I saw said, "Just ask." Lol. No one would do that in real life. Can you imagine one person approaching another saying, "Hi. Just ask"? So I don't see why they think that'll get them any results on a dating site.

littlebluedove

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:48 am

Preach it, sibling!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:01 am

I swear to fucking god, if straight women had half the interest gay men have in me online i could die happy.

It's like being a conpletely different person. And I don't even get that much ass from the apps either, it's barely three or four a year. Why can't I be only into dudes, instead of having this atavic craving for women (and/or feminine parts) too?

Last edited by Hielario on Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum