NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a gentle nudge...

3 posters

Go down

I need a gentle nudge... Empty I need a gentle nudge...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:17 pm

One of the problems that hinders me from making ANY sort of progress is discouragement. I am struggling with depression, naturally, being discouraged is one the many effects of depression, it hinders me from trying to move on and build the life that I want.

Every time I make a mistake or fail in something, to me it feels like a major irreparable catastrophe, the sting can last for days. It makes me not to want to try again or improve in anyway. Sad

Basically, how can I find a little nudge to keep going forward and get myself out of this rut, If possible I feel I need a little encouragement or praise or cheer to make my day since none of my offline coworkers (I hesitate to call them friends) kind of do not care to at least worry about me or try to cheer me up.
(Seriously I am starting to hate my current unit, they call, text or talk to each other while not realizing that I am there... Sad Disapproving )

Is it wrong to try to find a source or a person who can at least try to motivate me to try to find happiness? confused

Back to top Go down

I need a gentle nudge... Empty Re: I need a gentle nudge...

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:22 pm

PS is it permissible to post here about physical issues, or is there another forum for that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Alex1989 wrote:PS is it permissible to post here about physical issues, or is there another forum for that?
I think we've had people posting about physical health-related issues before, so you're probably good on that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:28 pm

It's really tough feeling so discouraged by setbacks, and I think it's fine to look for a little encouragement or cheer-up from others, though of course that's not a substitute for personal, inner motivation, unfortunately. It's also really good that you can recognize that that's a symptom of depression in the moment, even if it doesn't make it any less painful.

I really like Boggle the Owl for when you need some encouragement, it's really gentle and kind and warm but somehow I don't find it too sappy.

If any of your coworkers are the sort who like funny gifs or cute animal videos, you could get into the habit of sending them ones you think they'd like and that might encourage them to do the same for you. Even if they're not someone you'd be close to, it's nice to have someone think of sending you something funny once in a while.

And maybe it seems silly, but when I'm having a bad day it really does feel nice to look at some cute animals, so a cheetah cub for you with the hope it does the same for you (since your old avatar was a cheetah):

I need a gentle nudge... 6a010535647bf3970b017d3bde8671970c-500wi

And yes, the Health and Wellbeing forum is the right place for physical issues too.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Enail wrote:It's really tough feeling so discouraged by setbacks, and I think it's fine to look for a little encouragement or cheer-up from others, though of course that's not a substitute for personal, inner motivation, unfortunately. It's also really good that you can recognize that that's a symptom of depression in the moment, even if it doesn't make it any less painful.

I really like Boggle the Owl for when you need some encouragement, it's really gentle and kind and warm but somehow I don't find it too sappy.

If any of your coworkers are the sort who like funny gifs or cute animal videos, you could get into the habit of sending them ones you think they'd like and that might encourage them to do the same for you. Even if they're not someone you'd be close to, it's nice to have someone think of sending you something funny once in a while.

And maybe it seems silly, but when I'm having a bad day it really does feel nice to look at some cute animals, so a cheetah cub for you with the hope it does the same for you (since your old avatar was a cheetah):

I need a gentle nudge... 6a010535647bf3970b017d3bde8671970c-500wi

And yes, the Health and Wellbeing forum is the right place for physical issues too.
Lovestruck Lovestruck Lovestruck Lovestruck Lovestruck

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:48 pm

Totally agree with Enail about the pictures of animals. Zooborns.com. It does wonders.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:04 pm

Sorry I could not reply sooner to these posts, tropical storm Danny came by the island and caused interruptions in the power grid.

also just to let you guys know another storm is headed here, so yeah...

anyway, thanks Enail for the cheetah cub photo (which I have promptly saved)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum