NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 14 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by eselle28 Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Yes, you fucking jackass, I am aware that my business has the right to refuse service to patrons. Trust me, I know more about these laws than you do, even if I'm not going to mention it.

That doesn't mean I'm going to ask the oddly groomed and possibly homeless woman who was in front of you in line to leave. First, that's the manager's job, and second, I don't see any reason why she shouldn't be able to buy the same goddamn clearance sweatshirt that was also in your shopping pile if she wants one. If you don't want to deal with other people while shopping, we have a website for that.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Another meeting within a month that I just barely made it through without completely dozing off.
This is really pissing me off. I try my hardest to get to bed before my bedtime alarm to make sure I can get as close to eight hours as possible when factoring in my lack of restful sleep, I rarely eat sugary stuff during the workday, and I try to have something that's supposed to help with energy and fatigue every morning but I still have these issues.
I kinda wish I could just drink coffee or tea like my coworkers, but I can't stand the way either of them taste, and I doubt the effects of energy drinks on my body has improved since the first and last time I had one.

Why do you have to be so difficult, body?
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:15 pm

Anti-vaxxers in one of my Facebook moms groups again. Angry

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:28 pm

The deadliest mass shooting in American history just happened in my hometown. I'm angry because it's yet one more unnecessary act of hate against people who simply want to love as they are, saddened because it's so close to home and mars good memories of that place, and frustrated because I'm stuck in New York and can't help.

Christ, I've seen a lot of fucked up shit in my time on the streets, but holy hell, whoever thinks something this horrible can happen here?

Some of my friends responded to it. I'm angry at myself for not being able to do the same. I shouldn't have left the department. One friend in particular has seen lots of heavy shit over her years, and I'm worried about how she's holding up. A few years ago, she ran on a murdered cop, who was a high school friend of mine, and handled it perfectly, but that's enough for a career. She's a fucking hero, but she's my friend; I wish I could have switched places with her tone cause she doesn't deserve what this will do to her.

Those people were my neighbors. This is my home and I really wish I could have been more of a help. I keep thinking that I shouldn't have quit the department or that I should hav taken the job at the trauma center (I know neither if those things would have necessarily put me in any position to help, but I hate being powerless.

Sorry it's mostly about me. I'm having trouble with this whole thing.

Fuck that murderer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:59 am

Hospital sends us a letter, watermarked FINAL NOTICE, that they're going to send us in to collections Thursday (yes, in two days) if we don't pay our bill from last year in full by then. The bill we're on a payment plan for. The payment plan they send us a bill for every month and that we pay every month. The monthly bill which says Payment Plan and lists what our standard monthly payment is and how many more payments we have to go before it's paid off. By the way, that final notice is the first notice we've received.

Screw you and your f-ed up accounting system that sent us a collections notice we don't deserve and that will nonetheless put us in collections and put a mark on our credit report if I don't deal with this by Wednesday.

I feel rage. And I need a lot of alcohol. It's only Monday and this week has been the worst already. Angry

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Aggrax Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Hell is composed entirely of other peoples children.
Aggrax
Aggrax

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

I went to a rally in protest of the Orlando massacre and was interviewed. Basically I said that it's a disgrace that LGBT people are being brutally attacked even in the safe spaces they built for themselves; that the hypocrisy of the media, choosing not to mention who the victims were until the killer's heritage was known, is a load of bollocks; and that I don't want to be made invisible, then used as a tool for some sort of holy crusade by the very same people that keep transphobia/homophobia alive at home.
When I saw the video I was disappointed to discover that some of the (presumably LGBT?) people around me were saying stuff like "this has been an attack on Western civilisation" or "we are the core of what Islam targets". I'm not sure I have much common ground with people who say things like that, and who, from the looks of it, probably don't really care much about the concerns of anyone who isn't a cis gay man, never mind working class or not white. Bit appalling to be honest.
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:21 pm

Bras in summer are the worst Ewwww!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:48 pm

I F-ing hate the US postal service.
For about a year now, every three months just before my medications have run out I've ordered a refill that's delivered to my home address. It's pretty much been problem-free.
On the 7th, I ordered my refill expecting it to arrive by the end of the week like it always does.
It doesn't arrive, but the money has been deducted from my account.
Saturday, I am completely out of meds and call the local pharmacy to find out what's going on; they tell me it was shipped but I have to contact the mail order shipping office to find out what happened. The office is, of course, only open on weekdays.
I call this morning. They tell me that the post office attempted delivery on the 11th (a Saturday) at 5:30pm, but they knocked and no one answered and there was no secure location to leave the package (a small bag-mailer that they've never had any problem placing in the mailbox before now) so they left a notice stating this and how I could retrieve the package before the 26th, when they would just return to sender.
At 5:30pm everyone was home and downstairs where we would have heard a knock (BTW - they never knock for anything), and there was never a notice left, otherwise i wouldn't have waited two weeks to respond.
The mail order office can't, fix it, of course, they can only give me the tracking number and the general post office phone number. Now, after waiting on hold for like 15 minutes, they've scheduled to redeliver the medications tomorrow with the instructions to leave it in the mailbox (like they should have done the first f-ing time). My pessimism says they'll screw up this time too.
So I've been off my antidepressants for about two weeks now, even after taking care to refill before I ran out, once the system would permit me to have the next refill made, because once again the mail carriers are too damn lazy to do their jobs correctly.
It pisses me off so much extra because this is so far from the first time they've screwed up, like delivering my packages to the wrong house because they didn't read the street name or the house number, or they've just decided to not try to deliver a package with the excuse that they knocked and no one responded when they never even got out of their vehicle, or a package has sat outside overnight in front of the door where my grandfather could trip on it and fall out the front door off the step if he didn't look down and see it because they didn't deliver it when they were supposed to and had to come back late in the evening.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:38 pm

For real? My research trip is being impacted by the bitter breakup of two middle-aged missionaries who briefly dated? They're both trying to get me to believe that the other one is feeding me false information about my field site (why? to deliberately fuck with each other, of course, because according to each of them the other one is duplicitous as heck). This would be all kinds of stressful if it weren't so funny. Missionary drama, Jesus Christ, like I don't have enough to deal with already when I'm out there. innocent
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:26 pm

Werel wrote:For real? My research trip is being impacted by the bitter breakup of two middle-aged missionaries who briefly dated? They're both trying to get me to believe that the other one is feeding me false information about my field site (why? to deliberately fuck with each other, of course, because according to each of them the other one is duplicitous as heck). This would be all kinds of stressful if it weren't so funny. Missionary drama, Jesus Christ, like I don't have enough to deal with already when I'm out there. innocent
I'd say to save their info for a latter day but I'm not sure that's the wisest idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Rimshot

Also, Werel, that's so weird. At least it'll make an interesting story (that hopefully doesn't affect your trip in any serious way)?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:43 pm

Wow, Werel, that sounds messy. Hope everything is ok.

(Also caliseivy: I HATE IT WHEN THE POSTMAN DOESN'T RING WHYYYY)
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Oooooof, WJMorris, that pun  Disapproving

Nah, shouldn't have any serious effects other than having a whole new set of "why would this person be motivated to lie to me?" factors to mentally juggle. On the bright side, definitely a funny anecdote for the "dealing with missionaries in the third world is like dealing with high schoolers lol" scrapbooks. Wink
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:22 am

Global South REEEEE.

Anyway, I am getting so bizarrely disillusioned by the fact that the entire 2016 political campaign discourse is in a large part decided by what ex-goons say on Twitter, on all ends of the spectrum. Close the tab and stop making Game of Thrones analogies.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 am

Ah, I see your mare who I drive past every now and then on my way to my dad's farm has a new foal. Adorable! But, you know, you also are keeping your mare on what seems to be like three house lots of space, bounded by a highway and an alley and with no visible barn or other shelter. And mom horse has shoulder bones so scary I've reported her and your skinny barkey dogs to two different towns, only to learn you live outside of both of them and that your little community of houses along the highway isn't incorporated. Good job on bringing a new life into the world. I shudder at what you're going to do with it.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:58 pm

eselle28 wrote:Ah, I see your mare who I drive past every now and then on my way to my dad's farm has a new foal. Adorable! But, you know, you also are keeping your mare on what seems to be like three house lots of space, bounded by a highway and an alley and with no visible barn or other shelter. And mom horse has shoulder bones so scary I've reported her and your skinny barkey dogs to two different towns, only to learn you live outside of both of them and that your little community of houses along the highway isn't incorporated. Good job on bringing a new life into the world. I shudder at what you're going to do with it.

Crying
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:45 pm

It is up to ladies to take the initiative on Bumble and they use polar bear icebreakers. I will forever not feel guilty for whatever cheesy openers I barf out in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:21 am

Dear work supervisee,
Fuck you very much. It is not okay for you to constantly ignore, argue with, or passive aggressively respond to clinical directives I give IN FRONT OF THE STAFF WE BOTH SUPERVISE. It is also not okay for you then to discuss the supervision we had to address this disrespectful and team-splitting behavior..with those same staff we supervise. It's not okay you to flat out lie to my supervisor about things I've said. It's not okay for you to take basically no part in staff evals except to question one of the numbers that you previously looked over and agreed to IN FRONT OF the person being evaluated, especially when said person does things like run to HR any time he gets remotely critical feedback. Oh, and it's also not okay for you to lie to another program manager and ignore her directive. Luckily that person realized you were throwing me under the bus, and that you were so full of sheet you need to start wearing Depends.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:23 am

If someone asks me about my weekend on Monday, maybe I should just be honest and tell them "Doing something on my weekend would require having friends or a family who cares about me, neither of which I have"

It's not like they'd be surprised or anything, considering how much of a joke I am to everyone at work.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:24 am

Peeps who dismiss personal effortposts (actual, substantial ones, not preheated Gish Gallops in text form) with zingers. Ignore it or tag someone else in or simply say you don't have the energy for the discussion instead of this faux above-it-all goonery.

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:28 pm

I'm kinda irritated now.
I came over here Friday evening and the plan, as always, was to return home Saturday because I have shit that needed doing to prepare for the week (like laundry).
It's 11am on Sunday and I'm still here because you didn't feel like taking me back yesterday. Which means that now whenever we finally leave I have a bunch of shit to get done in a shorter window of time. I still have to wash out the bottles for my morning and evening shakes and then remake said shakes too in addition to making my work lunch for the week, and any plans I had for cooking food to have available for the week are scrapped, especially because I suspect she's not going to take me back until tonight.
I'm sorry, I really can't relate to your reluctance to get up and leave the arms of your boyfriend to do something you'd already committed to; it's not like you don't see him every day already, or like I have ANYONE to call to just come get me.
And I can't say anything to you because you tend to get overly pissy about the smallest things.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:42 am

I'm honestly finding my intense loneliness far too difficult to deal with right now. How are you supposed to cope when you have no-one? When it's been that way as long as you can remember and there's no sign that things could realistically get better in the foreseeable future? As always, I'm just so tired of living in a world that doesn't want me in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 pm

My vocabulary sometimes crosswires, particularly about social and emotional things, and one thing that can happen is that I use the word "stranger" in stead of "guest" (specifically in the context of being taxed by having people in my space). That happened today, and I think I managed to offend someone by it.

(Also, autocorrect thought what I wanted to write was "taxed by having people in my spam".)
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:06 pm

Ugh. Fuck. I thought I was being ridiculous for being nervous about a layover at the Istanbul airport next month. I wish the world would stop justifying so many fears. :/
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum