Return of the Rants

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Return of the Rants

Post by eselle28 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 am

Note to self: Never fucking Kickstart anything ever. Even if it has a great business plan, and even if it's something you've backed successfully before, it probably comes with a gross community. (Hi Obsidian! Bye Obsidian! You got my money this last round, but that's all you're getting!)
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 am

Oh no, what happened??
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:28 am

Their forums are full of gross MRA types ranting about women's proper role in society and the need for women to breed...and the mods are on their side. Nothing to do but ignore them and play (or not) the game the fans already paid for. My fault!
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Blech Sad
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:30 pm

Kickstarters have communities? I thought you just paid your moneys and got a box in the mail after a year or two.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:02 am

waxingjaney wrote:Kickstarters have communities? I thought you just paid your moneys and got a box in the mail after a year or two.

Probably the better game plan!
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:42 pm

Fuuuuuuucckkk me, a small wood bug infestation has lead to a (probable summer) project of repainting and fixing up my room. Which I've been putting off forever because I don't want people in and out of my room at all times of the day (especially when I'm night owling).[/end whining]
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:53 pm

People who are super-enthusiastic about helping in whatever way you need, but in reality they have an incredibly specific way they want to help you and refuse to deviate in even the smallest way from what they envisioned, even if that would cost them no extra time/money/whatever they were offering to give, and the way they envisioned isn't actually helpful to you. And then keep pressuring you when you politely decline their help. Gah.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Condolences on severely disrupted privacy/useless and inconvenient offers of help. Sad
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:52 am

My sister has this lovely aging dog she adopted some years back when the previous owner moved abroad, and the dog has been really ill but was doing better but now she is doing worse again Happy tears
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza on Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:46 pm

So, apparently the part of my job that is not in the description is that I am basically a receptionist...for all calls made to our company. Our company is in multiple counties, with several different branches/programs, including partial care, outpatient, residential, housing, youth services, case management, crisis, and like 8000 others. We have a main access line where the staff are trained to direct them to the appropriate location. However, the main number listed on our website is the top number for our branch, which goes to receptionists who, I just found out, are not trained to do this, "because they are not knowledgeable about the continuum of care", so basically they just transfer all of their calls to me. So while my job is *just* intake for the partial care services in my county, I get like a million calls a day. Which means I either redirect them to the access line (90% of the calls, because our outpatient services don't take direct calls from new clients), or to a more specific number if I know it. But I'm not an access line worker. I'm also the only intake worker when we are supposed to have two, so I m answering all of the calls now. I don't mind the occasional misdirected call, or the calls that are actually intended for partial care intakes, but if I'm going to be doing the job of the access line worker in addition to meeting with clients and completing all of their paperwork, can I at least get paid more? Hell, I'd even take a compliment or some empathy from my supervisor, who has literally never given positive feedback ever (she works in another county, so I see her once or twice a month, and hear from her only when she is adding tasks to my workload or I made a mistake). This job pays too poorly for this shit.
jcorozza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:34 am

Today, I was on a conference call for work. It was all women except for one man. At the end of the call, one of the women said she'll be changing roles and someone new, who happens to be a man, will be taking her place as we move forward with the project.

The man on the call decided it would be appropriate to make a snarky quip about meeting a gender balance. Cue uncomfortable laughs from the other women on the call.

Shut up, dude! You're clearly super uncomfortable with being on a project with only women.

Statistically, I bet the man taking the woman's place is getting paid more than she is, too.

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:00 pm

I'm becoming increasingly harsh on myself for how harsh I am on myself. For weeks now, my sense of pride has been at 1 hp. It's fucking ridiculous.

I think I just did it again.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:19 am

Ugh, no tickling! No tickling even from good buddies or romantic partners! No tickling ever! I would have thought this would be clear after the no hugging discussion! Hugging is okay with me sometimes, but not at work and not before I've had my coffee! So, maybe just stop touching me?
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Gah, why do customers complain because I'm allowed to say "Joyous Passover" but not "Happy Easter"? It's just like winter where I can say "Happy Chanukah" or "Joyous Kwanzaa" or "Blessed Yule" or "Happy Holidays". They make it out as if corporate policy is stupid!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:02 pm

This is a thing that exists.

eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm

Wh...why does that need to exist? Does Del Monte get paid per pound of plastic waste? No

Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:24 pm

So my sister is getting married tomorrow and she's going to be doing this scrapbook thing at her wedding where we each put in it something that reminds us of her and/or her husband-to-be. I have possibly the best idea ever: when we were younger (back when I were a wee lad), we designed a video game together. Never actually programmed it on a computer or anything, but we drew some characters and some levels and it was fun. So I decided my contribution to the scrapbook would be some bits of that game we created.

Guess what I can't find even after going through all the old crap in my bedroom!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 pm

Can you recreate any of it?

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:43 am

I can remember enough about it to write some words about it and how fond of a memory it was designing it, but I don't have the time or really a good enough memory to actually recreate it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue May 09, 2017 8:27 pm

I thought I had a huge splinter in my toe... it was an eyelash lightly poking it. An eyelash Neutral
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm

It should never be 106 in Oregon, fuck you, anthropocene!
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:41 pm

Are you in Oregon now, Werel?

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Yup, Portland, and really loving it so far! Not least because hot days seem pretty rare here. Grin
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:17 pm

Never let unreliable people do you "favours," even in the interest of family harmony. Never.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum