Return of the Rants

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Datelessman on Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:58 pm

So my slumlord, who has racked up 71-99 violations is evicting my mother and I because they want our rent stabilized apartment. Housing court is a joke, and no lawyer seems to care about mold or lack of plumbing. Their eviction filing is full of mistakes (at best) or lies (at worst) and even my union lawyer is basically insisting we cater to their whims.

Once again, something in my life goes wrong enough that other things -- like being inexperienced -- become trivial.
Datelessman

View user profile https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 pm

Oh jeez, that's awful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, housing stress is one of the worst stresses. I hope court goes your way.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario on Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Oh my god that's the worst. I'm sad you have to rent from such a horrible piece of shit. I hope someone kicks them down the stairs.
Hielario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:23 am

<mod> Hey Hielario, as much as I would love to see slumlords in general and this one in particular have consequences for their actions, we do have a general forum policy against expressing wishes for violence, so could you please try and avoid that kind of phrase in the future? Thanks! </mod>
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:42 am

Enail wrote:Oh jeez, that's awful. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that, housing stress is one of the worst stresses. I hope court goes your way.

Thanks for the sentiment. I hope so too although what I am learning about housing court is that tenants never win. At best they delay the inevitable until the landlord backs off, they move, or they are evicted. And they wonder why homelessness is a crisis, especially in NY, a blue state. Every agency seems to be on the side of the landlord despite their purported purpose to help us. It doesn't seem to matter about mold or violations or that the building's original owner was literally murdered within the building 2 years after selling it (seriously). It doesn't matter that by happy coincidence, all the tenants facing eviction are those who complained the most about violations. It's a kangaroo court of the highest order.

Just thought I'd mention it just in case I vanish off the face of the earth from the forums, it would likely be related to this.
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Yiiikes! Good luck and stay safe.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario on Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Sounds like house-related lawsuits are full of bullshit wherever you live.
Hielario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:04 pm

So in addition to still trying to fight off the threat of eviction in housing court for me and my handicapped mother, I was just fired from my job 3.5 weeks before I would have shifted from a probationary to permanent employee. Said job, for a city agency, is now being fishy with delivering my last paycheck and hindering my attempts to claim unemployment insurance, despite suggesting I apply to it during my termination. So in addition to my lack of a love life I have the very real chance of being both jobless and homeless in time for Christmas.

Not a single lawyer will assist us in court and not a single city or federal agency cares whether my mother or I live or die.

I tried something different, I left a job in which I was very comfortable with people who genuinely liked me for a chance at a better life, and now it's all turned to poison the moment I got close.

I want someone to tell me again how it's all about positive attitude and not just dumb luck.

Basically, right now I relate to this comic, which is the 9/15/18 edition of PEARLS BEFORE SWINE by Stephen Pastis.

Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:07 pm

I'm so sorry, Datelessman, that's awful. Fingers crossed you can get your paycheck and unemployment insurance asap, and that some good luck comes your way fast.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:50 pm

Oh my god that's awful. I hope you manage to get your money, at least.

Sounds like they're up to fishy stuff. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if jour job and the agency were "in cahoots" (did I use that term right?).
Hielario

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:10 pm

Oh jeez, Datelessman, that’s terrible! Also got my fingers crossed for you to get your paycheck soon, and get your unemployment situation worked out really fast. :/
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:11 am

Enail wrote:I'm so sorry, Datelessman, that's awful. Fingers crossed you can get your paycheck and unemployment insurance asap, and that some good luck comes your way fast.

Thanks. I hope so too!

Hielario wrote:Oh my god that's awful. I hope you manage to get your money, at least.

Sounds like they're up to fishy stuff. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if jour job and the agency were "in cahoots" (did I use that term right?).

You did, and I have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me. NYC can be fairly corrupt.

Werel wrote:Oh jeez, Datelessman, that’s terrible! Also got my fingers crossed for you to get your paycheck soon, and get your unemployment situation worked out really fast. :/

Thank you.

Thanks for the support, you three! It did help me feel a little better.
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Getting a paycheck in foreign currency is way, way more stressful than anticipated. You have to gamble on what day you deposit it in the hopes the exchange rate will be up, a few dumbshit words from Piss Dictator and your paycheck is suddenly worth hundreds of dollars less, and you literally can't budget cause you never know how much you'll be paid in the currency you need to live. There's no spreadsheet line for "uh, this much goes towards debts if NAFTA collapses, this much if it doesn't." Run in circles flail
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum