Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Enail on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:46 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a Canada-related joke on this forum not receive multiple upvotes. Shrug
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Canada jokes are fun and lighthearted and generally good-natured from what I've seen (being not Canadian, so grain of salt and all). And the Canadians I've encountered (including you!) tend to have a sense of humor about them. So, I think, in general, they make people smile.

Spoiler:
Just dropping this here for fun (these folks are from Victoria):
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/loadingreadyrun/1852-Canada-is-Sorry

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:26 pm

It's because we all need an outlet for our xenophobic outrage at having to regularly type a URL with the word "Canadian" in it. Razz
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan on Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:09 pm

Does "girlfriend" ever stop sounding like a weird word? Or feeling like a weird thought?
nearly_takuan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:42 pm

"This may be kinda awkward, but you're kinda gawkworth." Boom, this line's a keeper.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated on Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

My 3 year old doesn't understand gender yet as it pertains to language. Current third person pronouns for absolutely everyone are:
she
him
[name]'s
Caffeinated

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:34 am

My alarm went off, and I sat up in my bed, like I usually do, to take 5-10 minutes and get my bearings. Thoughts start to drift. Thinking about checking my mail, to the message I sent off yesterday to the organizers of an event I was to a while back where they took a rather nice photo of me that I'd like to use in OLD profiles if I'm allowed. Then I started to think about other photos of me, including a few where I looked quite good but was smoking, which might turn some people off. At which point I realized that I was maybe not all that awake, because I don't smoke and have never touched a cigarette to my lips.

Then I thought, oh great, then those pictures are smoke free and I can use them after all. At which point I realized I was still not quite awake, because those pictures don't exist with or without any smoke.

(Another random thought: This is my 300th post)
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:48 am

Putting in my two cents on American issues is actually more valuable than the opinion of a citizen: not because of an outsider's perspective or better education and other such lark, it's just what the exchange rates dictate(https://www.google.nl/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=dollar%20versus%20euro).

Also, I don't understand why people dismiss everything about PUAs just because they pedestal virgins: that's just cherry-picking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:40 pm

[mod] Just for clarity, BazedBuzzed, I suppose that was meant a pun, not an opinion on virginity and PUAs?[/mod]
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:51 pm

Yes, indeed it was. I'll start linking rimshots or crickets or something in bluetext the next time, this is getting annoying for you mods.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:53 pm

We have a rimshot smiley! Grin   Rimshot
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:57 pm

Note to self: When Googling the county library catalog, don't make a typo that leaves the O out of "county." Embarassed

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Finally figured out why Michael J. Fox makes the best milkshakes.

It's because he only uses the freshest ingredients.

(What were you thinking?)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:35 pm

Inspired by some stuff on the internet, I stopped after work to get my kitty Jasper a harness, thinking that outdoors time might help with some of the play aggression and shredding but kind of dreading the process of teaching a cat how to walk on a leash.

Except...it appears someone already taught him that, because he took to it instantly and scratched on the door wanting to go out. I guess we all have hidden talents, especially shelter cats?
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:41 pm

Ya know, next year i'll have been playing guitar for 10 years and with very little to show for it. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:51 pm

The local LGBT dance bar has mirrors, which is something every bar should have: I spend nearly an entire night dancing in front of it trying to improve my sense of rhytm and body motions and it actually leads to folks dancing along with you.

Also le free retort towards anyone associating your dye job with progressive politics: "I may be aposematic, but that only serves as a warning to predators. Are you one?"(in b4 You Fail Biology Forever, but who cares)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:44 pm

A lot of the pigeons in Hawaii are afflicted with something called "bumblefoot," which basically makes their toes fall off. When male pigeons want to screw, they do a dance where they stick their tails up in the air, bow over and over like a drinking bird, and hoot as they walk forward. This makes them move very slowly.  

For the last ten minutes I've been watching a male hooting and bowing after a female with bumblefoot. She is slowly and painfully hobbling away from his advances. He is slowly hooting after her, refusing to be deterred, round and round this patio. I'm reminded of... something. But what? scratch

Ah yes. He just needs to get through her bitch shield and demonstrate value.
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:30 am

I woke up with the phrase "Epeethamyyth is coming" bouncing around in my head, and I have little idea about what it means.
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:38 am

It has been 10 years since a hurricane struck Florida, a length of time well beyond any known precedent in the last two centuries.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:43 pm

>message someone on OKC
>response if she knows me from FB
>check
>"dunno"
>check again
>turns out it is so
>cute blonde girl into metal, Ninty vidya and weeb stuff whom I know from fuck knows when
>confirm it is me
>the convo goes silent
Let's see how much of a turn-off unfiltered access to my humour, politics and social life is.

Edit: turns out it isn't so. A mutual hatred for Rotom is the first positive sign.

Last edited by BasedBuzzed on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Quasi-Drunk thoughts from last night...

There's a difference between an asshole and a piece of shit. I'm, thankfully, an asshole. ;3

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:14 pm

These guys are ridiculously cute.

waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:00 pm

That there's no neutral on a moving train may be true. But most of the passengers are chatting with each other while it chugs along. Sometimes the passengers move between cars if they don't like each other, but it does not change the speed of the train. Meanwhile, you have two people who are on either ends of the train. One is pushing against the backside of the last car trying to slow it down, the other is bonking on the door of the machinist's cabin telling him to speed up(the machinist can't hear him). They both have a phone in their hand and the phones are connected to each other: they're loudly swearing and cursing at what the other is doing, proclaiming the act will derail the train and sent everyone crashing to their doom. Their display irritates the passengers sometimes, but by and large they're ignored.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:40 am

I put down a paper book I've been reading, and consider for a moment if I should turn it off manually or wait for ten minutes and let it turn itself off, before I remember that no, paper books don't work that way.

Not the first time, either.
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:33 am

To pitch another tortured metaphor, I present Scientifically Accurate Hedgehog's Dilemma: hedgehogs siddle up to each other for warmth during winter, supposedly. It's a metaphor to show that the closer we become, the more warmth we share, but the chance we hurt each other also increases. But many of us solitarily insulate and numb ourselves emotionally during the winter periods of life, and come out just fine when the spring times roll around. Creature comforts such as food and shelter are a good manner to make us survive these winters, and are obtained in manner much more straightforward than the warmth of another hedgehog. Furthermore, you can't tell whether or not that hedgehog has rabies.

I'm not sure how to fit baby-eating into this metaphor, but suffice it to say that the solution to bouts of loneliness, at least for me, is NOT allowing myself to be more vulnerable in the moment, but rather distraction and amateur CBT techs. However, whether this is a fitting solution to levels higher than generic ennui remains to be seen.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum