NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 10 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Wondering Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:43 pm

And I see I typoed her first name. Shame on me!

Fixed.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 10 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:15 am

I'm always fascinated by comparisons between power structures: http://architizer.com/blog/power-plant-architecture/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:46 am

While I didn't grow up with the animated series, I much prefer Cal Dodd over Steve Blum, Mark Hamill and the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 am

The Swiss Family Robinson text game was annoying as hell. Took me a month to figure out I was supposed to build a raft to get off the ship.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:51 pm

Me playing Pagan Ultima VIII as a 4-to-5-year-old boy: running around the city with nary a clue what I'm supposed to do.

Me playing Pagan Ultima VIII as a 24-year-old man: running around the city with nary a clue what I'm supposed to do.

Ah, nostalgia.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:49 pm

It really bugs me that they have Lea Thompson play Marty's ancestor in Back to the Future III. There should be no resemblance between Marty's mom who married a McFly and another woman from a century prior who married a McFly. Marty looking like his ancestor, sure, but not his mom looking like her. It's not her ancestor.

In a related vein, the TNG episode with Dr. Crusher's ghost candle bugs me in that they talk about how the ghost/alien in the candle has been hanging out with this family of Howard women for 800 years or so. Dr. Crusher's maiden name being Howard. Her grandmother being of the Howard clan. Matrilineal descent doesn't work for a clan that goes back to hundreds of years ago in Scotland. You can't have a line of Howard women all with that last name for 800 years.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:34 pm

I think I'm supposed to find the singing Super Bowl babies cute, but I honestly don't care whether random strangers conceive after the game or not.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:12 am

I'm suspicious it's even true. The Superbowl is not a power outage.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:58 am

I believe the theory is that fans of the winning team would be excited and engage in additional vigorous celebrations after the game.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:24 pm

I get the theory. I just doubt its veracity in application.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm also a little skeptical that so many people know the exact night.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 am

If the first thing that your tool to supposedly protect me from unsafe downloads does is prevent me from installing your competitor's internet browser, the first thing I'm going to do is disable that tool.

Be a little more subtle next time, Microsoft.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:41 pm

I could go for a pizza burrito right about now.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:27 pm

Sometimes, this is just the right kind of party.
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 10 Chickenintrovertparty
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:50 pm

I usually like to play my first time through an RPG as more or less myself, if only to see what the ending might be. This time my character somehow ended up making declarations of love to her creepy math teacher, and for some reason the fact that he's my character's teacher is far more off-putting than the fact that he's also a bird.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:18 pm

There's this persistent thread of crafting a tale of your life so far and previous highlights in order to improve your own self-image, but I dislike that tactic, it leads to easily to propping up that narrative instead of simply shoring up against individual bad episodes. I'd rather destory myself than destroy myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:01 pm

Pertinent to the above: I thought reading your journal from high school was supposed to make you reflect on how far you've come and the ways you've grown, not on how you're basically the same sack of follies and weak spots from decade to decade. Have I really been having all these same impulses and failures and doubts since I was fifteen? Yikes.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:08 am

Decided to get on the "Happn" train, which was sold to me as a "better Tinder". Lemme tell ya, something about it is really creepy... -shudders-

The premise for the app is "missed connections" with people that have the app too and you can connect with them. Sounds innocent enough but once I actually used the app and found those connections I found it... off-putting. I don't know why.

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:24 am

I have a bad cold and just lost my voice for two work-days.

-The coworkers thought it was hilarious and wanted to hear me try to speak. Also kept forgetting and asking me non Y/N questions and being vaguely surprised when I had to act out the answer.
-The less well known colleagues responded with sympathy all out of proportion to the actual size of the problem. "Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope you get better..."

-The customer service staff at restaurants and shipping stores said "Oh, ok." and then helped me like normal.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:33 am

I'm sure it's easy to be confident when people have generally treated you well your whole life. But how the hell do you be confident when they haven't? As I always say, can everyone who treated me badly be wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:22 pm

I wish it weren't weird to ask people what religion they are. Because I think our across-the-street and next-door neighbors both go to my church. But I have no idea how I could possibly broach that subject when I see them around the neighborhood without being a weirdo. Shrug

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:20 pm

You could try "Hey, did I see you at $ChurchName the other day?" and back off with the typical "oh, it must have been someone else who looks like you" kind of response if they say they don't go there. I don't know if it's different with church people, but I'd expect it to work the same as thinking someone looks familiar from any other kind of place you could have seen them.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:23 pm

Yeah, except for two things:

1) Most people in this part of the country don't go to church at all, so the numbers are already against you if you assume someone does, and behaving/conversing as if it's the default is already kind of weird.

2) I'm Catholic, and from personal experience, my chances are 50/50 that they'll start treating me with suspicion if they're Protestant and realize I'm Catholic. So I'm not really wanting to advertise it.

Will ponder further....

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:56 pm

I have a slight crush on someone, but 90% of the time I've been around her in person I was pretty high/drunk...
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:53 pm

How can something that's 11 pounds take up almost all the usable space on a double bed? My older, female cat, who's not so much smaller, sleeps in a circle about a foot in diameter. Maybe tomcatspreading is the new manspreading?
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 18 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum