Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Yoshiland on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:17 am

Is this where the fun people hang? Please tell me it is, y'all are cool and the whining gets tiresome.
Yoshiland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:22 am

Yoshiland wrote:Is this where the fun people hang? Please tell me it is, y'all are cool and the whining gets tiresome.

Oh we produce plenty of whining around here. But we *are* cool. Hi!!! I crossed the border to Chile to buy scuba gear cheaper and I'm having a white wine - passion fruit looking at the snowy mountains out the window. Chile Rocks.!
Mara_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:59 am

Oh damn, what kind of scuba gear did you buy? You're auto-cool if you own your own BCD. Razz
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ on Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:46 pm

Werel wrote:Oh damn, what kind of scuba gear did you buy? You're auto-cool if you own your own BCD. Razz

Actually as of yesterday I do! And it's got a fuckton of lift capacity too!
I'm going to Brazil next month to train as a public safety diver (ERDI supervisor) and I need my own gear so I'm getting everything ready. But Argentina is not that big on diving (that's why I'm going to Brazil to train with a military instructor there) and everything is super expensive so it was cheaper to fly to Chile for a week and get everything here.

I might or might not have worn it in front of the mirror this morning.
Mara_

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature on Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:44 pm

This is probably not the right place for this post, but I couldn't find a better one, so here goes:
I wanted to apologise for suddenly disappearing and leaving your friendly PMs and posts unanswered. Transitioning is... tough, and I'm not really at my best although things are somewhat better now, so I sorta dropped everything and became a bit of a hermit, plus I not-so-gradually drifted away from DNL main because I'm not sure I'm the target demographic. So I wanted to say I'm sorry about forum-ghosting on all of you!

litterature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Mara_ wrote:
Actually as of yesterday I do! And it's got a fuckton of lift capacity too!
I'm going to Brazil next month to train as a public safety diver (ERDI supervisor) and I need my own gear so I'm getting everything ready. But Argentina is not that big on diving (that's why I'm going to Brazil to train with a military instructor there) and everything is super expensive so it was cheaper to fly to Chile for a week and get everything here.

I might or might not have worn it in front of the mirror this morning.

That's aaaawesome, what kind of additional/specialty gear do safety divers use? And what kind of BCD? I'd be twirling around in front of the mirror in that shit too Laughing

@litterature heyyyy, nice to hear from you! The other day I actually thought apropos of nothing "I hope literature is well, girl had great music taste", and voilà, you drop by. Take care of yourself. Hope things keep getting better for you.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita on Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:48 pm

litterature wrote:This is probably not the right place for this post, but I couldn't find a better one, so here goes:
I wanted to apologise for suddenly disappearing and leaving your friendly PMs and posts unanswered. Transitioning is... tough, and I'm not really at my best although things are somewhat better now, so I sorta dropped everything and became a bit of a hermit, plus I not-so-gradually drifted away from DNL main because I'm not sure I'm the target demographic. So I wanted to say I'm sorry about forum-ghosting on all of you!

Awww man litterature, I was also just thinking of you too! I was recently shoe shopping, and I found a super cute pair of wicked comfortable summer shoes, and like you never find that combo of comfy enough to wear while dancing for like four straight hours at the show and then walking all the way home but also cute enough for everyday use and no blisters even brand new, they also went up to size 14 and I was like "damn, I wish litterature was here so that we could get cute summer shoes together that fit." Because like, I know I can't help you much at all with living in our bullshit world filled with transmisogyny and bigotry and hate, but I can help you find nice shoes. So at least you don't have to worry about your feet.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:25 pm

Mara_ wrote:
Hirundo Bos wrote:Got a match on Tinder that mentioned an interest in the 1920's, and one ting led to another, and now you're making plans for a test ride in your time machine.

You know you have Asperger's syndrome when a small part of you worries she'll be disappointed when she learns you don't actually own a time machine.

UPDATE: We're planning to meet for a cup of coffee this tuesday. Looks like I've managed to learn something from the improv-for-beginners class I took last weekend.

So how did it go??

We had a nice cup of coffee and then a nice long walk at random through the city, but not a lot more beyond that.

But right now I matched with someone who made a reference to Oz from Buffy, replied something about a werewolf, and again a small part of me worries she'll be disappointed when she finds out I'm not one.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Litterature! Good to hear from you! Sorry transitioning is being so tough, I hope things become easier soon and that the good stuff outweighs the difficult stuff.
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 pm

Elderly trans woman on the street: "That's a nice blouse."
Me: "Thanks, I like your necklace."
Her: "Oh, this? It's just a bauble to draw attention to the fact that I have boobies."

Adorable Laughing
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 22 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum