Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by waxingjaney on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:10 pm

What, they set up a live feed or something?

... jeebus, that's it. I resign from the 21st century.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:27 pm

Really glad I included "draw a cartoon of yourself and your favorite animal" on the student survey for my undergrads, cause it netted me some pretty magnificent images (also, girl who wrote "I don't like animals": sorry, you just auto-failed)
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:39 pm

Werel wrote:Really glad I included "draw a cartoon of yourself and your favorite animal" on the student survey for my undergrads, cause it netted me some pretty magnificent images (also, girl who wrote "I don't like animals": sorry, you just auto-failed)

So, I kind of want to hang out with the lady who has a bear companion. She seems cool. Though - despite stringent disagreement - I also kind of admire someone who's able to admit she doesn't like animals. That's actually a super strong taboo.
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Donald Trump says he doesn't want an endorsement from David Duke. Have we finally found the thing he'll back away from?

Wondering

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Wondering wrote:Donald Trump says he doesn't want an endorsement from David Duke. Have we finally found the thing he'll back away from?

Trump is a hardline Israel supporter, so it's not that special he doesn't want the endorsement of an anti-semite.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:06 am

Metal Gear Sahelanthropus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:35 am

HermitTheToad wrote:Metal Gear Sahelanthropus?

Shhhhhh!!!

Dun ruin Phantom Pain, bro! :c

Anway, every newscast I do can be summed up this way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm

Couldn't get myself to sleep until after 5am today. Trust me to get spooked from having binge-watched the first season of True Detective over 2 days. I mean sure, it's not quite like seeing Pazuzu's face on YouTube for like a millisecond; still, there was no way I could've anticipated this though.

Nice going, Hermit. Real nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Need to learn to apply that Manson law of fuck yes/fuck no. She's a good conversationalist but too low-energy for me.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 pm

The burn blister on my arm looks exactly like a Starburst jellybean.
waxingjaney

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:11 pm

Apparently, the original name for Hannah Montana was going to be "Alexis Texas". Which would have been awkward to say the least.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:34 am

I recently discovered that my kitchen cupboard has a shelf I hadn't been aware of. That's kind of a strange thing to discover. But very useful, because it brings me closer to the amount of storage space I need.
Hirundo Bos

View user profile http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:29 pm

>Read about serial killers on wikipedia and through google
>Walk to the convenience store at 2 AM, in the dark, with no moonlight, through empty streets

Don't do either of these things together
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Always read the comments, people having internet slapfights over nonsense ups your own self-esteem, and you might nick some burns for the next time you engage in one yourself(that is somehow totally different from what those losers were doing).

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:01 pm

That awkward moment when I remember that I unintentionally named my cat after my friend's child and that we are probably not thinking of the same being when that name comes up in conversation.
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:54 pm

It's all cool being an apatheist until you realize you still have faith in abstract entities, to the point that you will merciless attack any doomsayer to protect your own mental complacency. Society will fix problems, or else rebels going against society will fix it. The government will fix problems, or else whatever replaces it will sort the problems out(government is always the cause). The human ability to do whatever will fix problems, and if not you're so cynical about humanity that you doubt how significant our impact on the world is in the long run. And this insight means nothing, because I wouldn't know what the hell to do with it other than pat myself on the back for thinking something a bazillion people have probably thought up more eloquently. Come to think of it, even the doomsayer has faith in the fact that an apocalypse will sort any problems out, if only through mass death.

How do you stop having faith in abstract things?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:29 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:
How do you stop having faith in abstract things?

I'm not sure you'd want to, unless you really value apatheist cred over your capacity to find peace of mind. The latter, once lost, is tough to get back.
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature on Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:25 pm

i'm with alain badiou on this - faith, staying true to big Ideals with a capital I, etc. are revolutionary things imo

litterature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed on Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm

I'd say Gendlin's meditation on this is pretty soothing, as a lot of things in this do not change the material circumstances of one's existence at the moment, and it's a damn good kick under the butt for figuring out what you actually control and what you actually desire out of life. "Life will sort itself out" and "I'll be satisfied with very little" are horribly naïve when I've never been in situations in which these things actually were questionable.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:25 pm

I always swore bicycles were the only two-wheeled vehicle for me, and yet I love my new (used) scooter way too much, kinda want to just drive it around all day long, and pray that it won't be the instrument of my death. Shiny/thrilled
Werel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:34 am

I finally understand why people watch Late Night TV. It's quick and easy way to keep up with pop culture without actually having to take part in it
bomaye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:12 am

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:31 pm

*wanders across the Facebook profile of an old friend who hasn't been in much contact the last few years*

*sees a fairly insipid post about the value of stepfathers, accompanied by a picture of my friend with an extremely pretty girl who Facebook indicates is about 17 or 18 and a toddler - "Oh, Buddy, what are you doing?"*

*scrolls down a few more posts and realizes that what Buddy is doing is dating a forty-something single mother of two.*

*is, for once, glad to be getting sort of old*
eselle28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:11 am

Note to self: the next time you ask yourself the question "How long could it possibly take to walk home from here?", maybe you should take a minute to actually look the answer up on your phone, rather than find out the hard way that the answer is "Three-and-a-half hours"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:17 am

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 23  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum