NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan.

+3
Enail
BasedBuzzed
Alex1989
7 posters

Go down

Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan. Empty Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan.

Post by Alex1989 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:22 pm

My therapist called me today, she has set me up a plan that she says will help me "catch up to everyone else" (Her words, not mine)

I am having those doubts again, but since I've only had 1 session with her, I am probably jumping to conclusions

Anyway here is the plan she set up:

1. Enroll in college - I am aware of the benefits of going to college, but the social environment troubles me, but there are PLENTY of advantages college can give me in the Army.

2. Accelerate the transfer - Accelerating the transfer will improve my career.

3. A makeover - OK, now we are in WTF territory, she says a makeover might improve my confidence, this kind of threw me off guard. recommended an exorcise regimen

4. Move out by January 31st 2016, 3 months from now - she says that the environment in my home will slowly kill me mentally, the abuse will be my undoing if this keeps up, she says that if I stay here, I will not see age 30.

5. (you guys might want to sit down) Look in the mirror, as much as I want to avoid seeing myself, I have to do it...

What do you guys think? I have started the first step in the plan. I really hope I can finally be free from this pain. *Fingers crossed*
I might see slight but still significant results in 6 months
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan. Empty Re: Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan.

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:49 pm

>exorcise regimen
Is the army chaplain going to help with that?

Anyway, it sounds like a solid plan to me. Makeover should be viewed as 'developing dress sense', which will help you later in your career too.

Back to top Go down

Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan. Empty Re: Plans... Opinions only since I cannot change the plan.

Post by Alex1989 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:52 pm

BasedBuzzed wrote:>exorcise regimen
Is the army chaplain going to help with that?

Anyway, it sounds like a solid plan to me. Makeover should be viewed as 'developing dress sense', which will help you later in your career too.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Uh, not really, unless my head does a 360, I'm good.
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:54 pm

It sounds like a lot of big stuff, I'd be feeling a little overwhelmed if it were me. But I think getting out from your family sounds like it will be really good for you, so I'm happy to hear that's part of the plan! Have you spoken to her about your worries about the social environment of college or your doubt about the makeover? It's okay to express your concerns to her.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex1989 Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Enail wrote:It sounds like a lot of big stuff, I'd be feeling a little overwhelmed if it were me. But I think getting out from your family sounds like it will be really good for you, so I'm happy to hear that's part of the plan! Have you spoken to her about your worries about the social environment of college or your doubt about the makeover? It's okay to express your concerns to her.

I'll put it on my list for the next session.
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:04 pm

It sounds like a really good plan to me. You may have lucked out in finding this therapist.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by PintsizeBro Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:20 pm

Sounds like a pretty good plan to me.

If you find that you need to change aspects of the plan, don't be afraid to bring that up with your therapist. If she's as good as she seems, she'll listen to your concerns and help you address them. But over all, it's a good plan and I think you'll feel a lot better once you're in a healthier environment.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Won't be easy, but it's doable.

#3 isn't really that weird. Have you ever worn something and just feel completely different and/or badass? Thats what your therapist is talking about in regards to a make-over, basically so you can find stuff and feel good wearing it.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:36 pm

It sounds like a tough but doable plan. I recommend only doing one thing at a time at first so you do not get overwhelmed. New home is big and has a deadline, so start there. You might be able to add in some of the makeover stuff, but not if anyone in your current home will tear you down or be an ass about it.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex1989 Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:37 pm

reboot wrote:It sounds like a tough but doable plan. I recommend only doing one thing at a time at first so you do not get overwhelmed. New home is big and has a deadline, so start there. You might be able to add in some of the makeover stuff, but not if anyone in your current home will tear you down or be an ass about it.

Somehow college is a priority for now since it can put me in an advantageous position.
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:25 pm

Alex1989 wrote:
reboot wrote:It sounds like a tough but doable plan. I recommend only doing one thing at a time at first so you do not get overwhelmed. New home is big and has a deadline, so start there. You might be able to add in some of the makeover stuff, but not if anyone in your current home will tear you down or be an ass about it.

Somehow college is a priority for now since it can put me in an advantageous position.  

Maybe try a little research on colleges, degress, courses of study, etc, but I would not try to enroll until after you move, if only to save yourself the pain of doing address changes. Now if you find an "away" college that looks good, you can maybe solve moving and college at the same time
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex1989 Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm

reboot wrote:
Alex1989 wrote:

Maybe try a little research on colleges, degress, courses of study, etc, but I would not try to enroll until after you move, if only to save yourself the pain of doing address changes. Now if you find an "away" college that looks good, you can maybe solve moving and college at the same time

The UPR has campuses around the Island, transferring within UPR is easy.

P.S. can you give an opinion on my thread thread: https://nerdlounge.canadian-forum.com/t976-ideal-female-body-and-why-i-disagree-with-my-culture-on-this-one-opinions
Alex1989
Alex1989

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Alex1989 wrote:3. A makeover - OK, now we are in WTF territory, she says a makeover might improve my confidence, this kind of threw me off guard. recommended an exorcise regimen
I overheard some bros in the gym the other day talking about how important it is to pose in the mirror... which sounded really goofy to me at first but the guy who was explaining it was saying that it actually does affect your self-perception and your posture, and gets you more adjusted to showing off the features you want to show off, both to yourself and to others. Makes a certain amount of sense to me, I guess. (But no, I still have no intention of posing in the gym or whatever.)
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum