NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 20 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Prajnaparamita Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Got to class early. Professor is the only one here, here setting up the projector. Got bored and started reading Cosmocking articles on The Pervocracy. Currently worried that he's thinking that I'm experiencing cardiac arrest due to me shaking and holding my breath to keep myself from chortling out with very loud laughter because I do not want to be asked what I'm doing.

I should stop. I should start looking at pictures of sad kittens so my face stops twisting into a grimace of "I want to be laughing my ass off right now but I'm holding myself back so instead I just look painfully constipated." But I just can't. This stuff is too good.

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 20 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Gentleman Johnny Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:59 pm

Million dollar idea for the day: someone should rent out an abandoned warehouse and have a weekend Total Recall event. It starts when you enter a replica Rekall office and sit down in the chair. All the lights go out and the chair rotates through a false wall into a secret agent office on "Mars".

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Laina, aka: the Overly Attached Girlfriend, in my opinion is wildly cute (fucking hysterical).

https://imgur.com/gallery/Zm8qg

Not her character, but the actual person behind the character is super cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 pm

Yeah, Canadians do clean up pretty well once you hose all the moose shit and sawdust off them.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:48 am

Okay, there's a 3-pound baby. I was unfair. And, really, as devoted to my niece as I am, I'd probably spend the week at the hospital as well if she was that early and it was also when I was off. I feel kind of bad about myself for judging now. And I should.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:39 pm

Aren't we all expendable to some extent? And to someone/people?

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:12 pm

Give up; it's 100+ pages and the topic isn't particularly interesting. You can't get through that and into the next 100 page chapter in two days.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:16 pm

HermitTheToad wrote:Aren't we all expendable to some extent? And to someone/people?

Yep. It's wise and sane to recognize that. We're also all indispensable, to some extent, to some people. And depending on your beliefs, we're all indispensable on an inherent, ethical level as well.

(Brought to you by Werel's House o' Discount Platitudes Razz)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:34 pm

Werel wrote:And depending on your beliefs, we're all indispensable on an inherent, ethical level as well.

Are we? If the Mountain were real, who would want him around? If he died, who would mourn him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:36 am

This was good, real good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:15 am

I feel like I've hit this wall when it comes to faking it until you make it that's only exacerbated my impostor feelings rather than done anything to remedy the fact I have them in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:21 pm

Always a good reminder: https://www.popehat.com/2012/03/12/the-difference-between-us-and-them/

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:51 pm

Someone close to me has an approaching snowstorm named after them, and I couldn't be happier for her. This probably shouldn't please me as much as it does.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:13 pm

I just posted the Norwegian soundword for sneezing on Twitter, but I didn't actually sneeze, and now a part of me worries that people will believe I did, because that would mean I said something that wasn't true.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:26 pm

My cat rolls around in the dirt like the Predator is coming after him.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:16 pm

Leave it to an all-boys' school to have an a capella group named "the TestosterTones". (Which got a chuckle when I had to introduce them singing the national anthem at the game on Thursday.)

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:00 am

Sure, a charity might (or might not!) make more efficient use of the money, but those two were right in front of me and needed something approximately now. In case of the off chance their baby wasn't a prop, I'm going to do what I can about a problem that can be temporarily mitigated with a little kindness (it can be permanently mitigated with a lot of structural change). Not every problem is so easy to address! Let's take a moment to appreciate that, or else live and let live, instead of starting a philosophical "debate" over where I choose to give my money.

Every way I have described my boss, and every way I can think of to describe my boss, makes it sound as though I have a crush. It's apparently difficult not to give that impression when you genuinely think a mature woman is smart, funny, personable, thoughtful, and/or just plain amazing. But no, I do not have any romantic interest.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:52 am

Huh. Upside to being single, immortality?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:08 am

Someone please make a parody to Let it Go. Call it Let it Grow - An ode to beards.

EDIT: This isn't so bad, actually:

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:23 am

Weird, I have a morbid fascination with how it would be to be the target of an internet dogpile, if only as a reality check and a measure of how quick my ego depletes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:33 am

Applied for a graphics/video job here in San Diego with a marketing agency called Mindgruve.

They sound awesome, and this job comes complete with medical and 401K benefits! So, here's hoping I get interviewed with them. Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 pm

Even way, way back in the day people found dating hardDating circa 1185
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:17 pm

reboot wrote:Even way, way back in the day people found dating hardDating circa 1185

Quite verbose they were back then, eh? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Suika Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:16 pm

I've strangely become quite apathetic to the prospect of dying a virgin.
Suika
Suika

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:24 pm

waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum