NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+38
Andrew Corvero
Chickpea Sarada
Robjection
PintsizeBro
Suika
Prajnaparamita
Raindancing
Caffeinated
Hirundo Bos
Wondering
username_6916
Gman
Lemminkainen
TheRoux
LadyIkaros
Gentleman Johnny
WJMorris3
nonA
Hae
InkAndComb
sky
Barretts_Salt
readertorider
kath
waxingjaney
C-Bass
Coin-op Adjutant
Enail
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Werel
Conreezy
KMR
caliseivy
eselle28
reboot
BasedBuzzed
nearly_takuan
42 posters

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 36 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:56 am

Suddenly getting lots of visits...from dudes, and women who don't live anywhere near me. Nothing in common between them. I know because I did enough research to find out each of their real names.

I'm bored and desperate and haven't sent a message in a couple of weeks because I know it won't matter anyway.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 36 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Gman Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:37 am

The things you find on youtube when you have a mini-exam this Wednesday:

Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:14 am

I found that thing here before, but yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 36 10363841_10153406912309617_4573235535725470534_n
Social Justice Bard for the win, baby!

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:46 pm

>juggling 8 ongoing OKC convos
Wonderbread, learn to date close.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Life is beautiful. Life is okay. I'm doing okay, hell, I'm doing great. I got a decent job, I'm getting my degree soon and I'm going to Comic Con under the Staff banner. I'm also going to metal show. Life is great.

I need a doobie and Kendra Morris' version of "Shine on You Crazy Diamond".

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Rats are weird. It's been really hot and humid for the last few days, and while my two boys usually snuggle in their hammock together, they've been just plopping down on random shelves and napping. It looks a bit like rat planking.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:37 am

The Love Locks on Pont des Arts bridge were removed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:37 am

DNL's article today reminds me of how much fun it is to be indifferent to big shows / media like Game of Thrones and have people whinge at you for not watching them. You get to a point where you start telling people you literally don't care instead of just thinking it because they're trying to make some kind of argument out of apathy. That doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:00 pm

gaboz's signature has been running through my head like a mantra for the past few days. "Sucking At Something Is The First Step To Being Sort Of Good At Something"? Let's hope so.

Malaria pills are the most bizarre psychotropic drugs. They somehow dig up all my greatest fears and insecurities and spin vivid, hours-long nightmares out of them. Last night: sexually humiliated in a prepper compound while awaiting an imminent apocalypse.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:09 pm

Werel wrote:
Malaria pills are the most bizarre psychotropic drugs. They somehow dig up all my greatest fears and insecurities and spin vivid, hours-long nightmares out of them. Last night: sexually humiliated in a prepper compound while awaiting an imminent apocalypse.

Ohhh! Antimalarial dreams. The trippiest shit EVER. Mine were all over the map, from good to bad to just plain bizarre. Yours are sounding not so fun though :/
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm surprised at how much an at first seemingly minor dietary restriction has radically reduced my food choices.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Werel wrote:

Really? I remember took malaria pills for when I went to Haiti and I don't ever remember having weird dreams. Maybe my dosage wasn't high enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:56 pm

This, or something like it, should be offered at all high schools and universities.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:19 pm

If there's one thing we needed, it was yet another 50 Shades of Grey installment, this time from Christian's warped point of view. No, wait, we didn't need that at all.

Oh well, at least I'll enjoy reading Jenny Trout's recaps.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:04 pm

The Wisp wrote:This, or something like it, should be offered at all high schools and universities.

Wow, that looks amazing!
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:53 pm

The Wisp wrote:This, or something like it, should be offered at all high schools and universities.

Damn. The year I get enough vacation days to take 16 Mondays off in a row is the year I age out of their demographic. Maybe I'll check to see if my company will let me save up vacation days across the next three years.

ETA: Also, damn. On first read-through I glanced over "Parent/Caregiver participation is required." No thanks.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:03 am

nearly_takuan wrote:

Damn. The year I get enough vacation days to take 16 Mondays off in a row is the year I age out of their demographic. Maybe I'll check to see if my company will let me save up vacation days across the next three years.

ETA: Also, damn. On first read-through I glanced over "Parent/Caregiver participation is required." No thanks.

Damn, I missed that too. Still, I think a version of this for those who don't struggle so much socially that they need the active participation of a parent or caregiver would be a good thing to offer to people in addition to the current version.

ETA: Also, they link to Autism Speaks. Grrr, amend my first comment to say "non-problematic version for a broader spectrum of people besides those who seem to be unable to function without a parent/caregiver".
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by KMR Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:10 am

When I was younger and more naive, I used to think that I was kind of immune to weight-related body image issues, because due to a lifetime of picky eating habits, I've always been really skinny and well aware that I could really stand to put on some weight. Over the last several years, I've managed to gain about 10 pounds, which is great because now I've gone from "underweight, bordering on unhealthy" to "slightly underweight but bordering on the normal range," and I'm really happy about this. But I've also become increasingly aware that I don't have a flat stomach, and I'm pretty sure I never had a flat stomach to begin with even when I was almost-unhealthily thin, but the concept of the flat stomach is such an ingrained part of the beauty standards surrounding thinness. So I look at myself, a person who could not be objectively described as anything other than skinny and think, "Wow, apparently I'm doing skinny wrong!" and inwardly laugh at the ridiculousness of the whole thing, because of course the whole flat stomach thing is a near-impossible standard, and the fact that someone who is officially underweight such as myself does not meet that standard is just further evidence of this. And yet at the same time, there I am staring at the slight curvature of my belly and wondering, "Is this actually normal? Should it be sticking out like this? Do other thin women look like this? Should I try not to gain any more weight?"

Ugh, societal beauty standards are way too good at messing with people.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:48 am

Aw geez, that sucks KMR. If it helps at all, I'm not entirely sure but I think some curvature of the belly on women is normal. It kinda makes sense when you consider that you have every organ in that part of the body that a man has (unless my biology knowledge is failing me), plus a uterus, and I've not heard of uteri being well known for being tiny. Also I don't think I have ever seen a woman in real life with a flat stomach.

Now if only there were some way to throw this in the face of societal beauty standards and get them to cave.

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 am

I've seen a few, but they all either work out to THIS! IS! SPARTA!!! levels of fitness, or they're 12.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Apparently I'm too proud to ask my ex directly for sex.

Apparently I'm not too proud to crawl around on my knees picking and eating strawberries in a suggestive manner while wearing knee socks and a very short miniskirt.

...I really need to meet some new men, I'm getting desperate here.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:31 am

Say what you want about it, but I think it's cool that we finally had a need in Major League Baseball for rule 5.07(f). This was formerly rule 8.01(f), and frankly, I think that what Pat Venditte did tonight was pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:52 am

Venditte is a badass (though his glove is unnatural Razz).
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:31 pm

So I made a Twitter account several years ago. No idea why. Never used it for anything.

After looking at the Doc's Twitter, I have come to the conclusion that, if I ever were to use it for real, I would lose the last vestiges of productivity I have left.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum