NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2?

2 posters

Go down

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? Empty Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2?

Post by eselle28 Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:52 am

This is one of those silly contests where you write about your pet rescue and the top howevermany rescues get donations. I get invited to submit to enough of these that it's probably good to know which picture to pick. My sense is that the laundry picture is the better of the two in general, but that the tinfoil picture is better for this sort of thing because it shows kitty's face. Both pictures come with stories. (And, no, I don't have better ones. I'm not a great photographer, though I'm good at the writing portion of these things. The best-liked-by-my-friends picture of this particular cat is in the third position, but it's too low quality and I suspect too...odd...for this sort of thing.)

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? 9GWnOwS

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? DUDHXBf

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? 7OFeJ04
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? Empty Re: Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2?

Post by Wondering Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:25 am

I agree with your assessment. Picture 1 is better, but picture 2 shows the face so probably works better for this sort of thing.

I really want to know the laundry story now. Smile

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2? Empty Re: Quick Question: Cat Pic 1 or Cat Pic 2?

Post by eselle28 Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:38 pm

Thanks, Wondering! I'll go with that one!

As for the story, the Laundry Incident happened a few months into a fairly rocky adoption process, after I learned he had some emotional scars and behavioral problems but before I had a handle on how to deal with them. One day I looked around, and I couldn't find that particular cat. I opened a can of food. Nothing. I ran the faucet, which he normally loves to play with. Still nothing. I looked everywhere in the apartment. I remembered the time I took out the garbage and returned to find him smugly lying on his back in the hallway, so proud he'd snuck out, so I searched there and also the hallways of the building's other floors. How do you even lose ten pounds of shedding everywhere? Eventually I sat down on the floor and said, "Here, kitty kitty kitty," in frustration rather than as anything I expected an answer to. I heard a cheery trill in response, searched the laundry room again, and found him sleeping on top of the towels I'd been too lazy to put away earlier. I had my cat back. Also, apparently he thinks his name is Kitty.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum