NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Movies Have You Watched Recently?

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Movies Have You Watched Recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Movies Have You Watched Recently?

Post by bomaye Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:12 pm

Man of Steel

Someone really wanted to remake Independence Day but had to slip it into Superman instead

Spoiler:
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

What Movies Have You Watched Recently? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Movies Have You Watched Recently?

Post by bomaye Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:09 pm

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Extended Edition

Cool asf tbh

Spoiler:
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:52 pm

Independence Day

Still fun, still the right blend of "this is silly but they're also taking it serious and it works both ways". Lot of almost-bad CGI that still somehow holds up (explosions look slightly fake and there was a few moments where they noticeably cut corners but it holds up pretty well), lot of corded telephones, lot of stereotypes (could you image people still thinking the office of the President of the United States is one for distinguished high-class people only?). Still lol at seeing Data as the Area 51 scientist. You couldn't convince me that Jeff Goldblum even to this day has ever used a computer of any type, but you could convince me that he was self-conscious next to Will Smith and overdid his sashaying when they were walking back from the crashed UFO.

Probably the best/most realistic part of the movie was the news report where police were asking the American people to not shoot at the UFOs with their handguns because it might cause an interstellar war.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:39 am

I, Robot

Was aight. Played with sci-fi concepts that had been done to death even by 2004 nevermind today but I like Asimov shit and there was certainly Asimov style shit in here (detectives working through mystery murders involving robots that can't murder due to the Three Laws of Robotics) The action probably wasn't needed but it didn't hurt, I guess.

It's also always funny watching movies involving AI where apparently Terminator 2 and The Matrix never happened and everyone's all just "Come on, fool, robots can't hurt people ever for any reason, how could you ever dream up something silly like that?" Oh, I don't know I watch blockbuster sci-fi movies once in awhile, coach
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:43 am

Independence Day - Resurgence

Doesn't work as well without Will Smith, charismatic actors to be a new generation, and humans having hybrid alien technology.

Cool Star Wars pew pew pew fights tho
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum