NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bilinguism and online dating profiles.

3 posters

Go down

Bilinguism and online dating profiles.  Empty Bilinguism and online dating profiles.

Post by Hielario Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Hello, everyone. I have a question about how to write dating profiles in more than a language.

I don't live in an anglophone country, but I have a decent command of english. Sometimes, in the online dating sites, i see cute foreigners, mostly anglophones. To help my chances with them, I've experimented with writing my profile in my native language and then adding the same stuff but in english. However, I haven't managed to do it in a form that's easy to read.

Any suggestions?
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Bilinguism and online dating profiles.  Empty Re: Bilinguism and online dating profiles.

Post by Enail Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:44 pm

Maybe just do a very short-form section in English, just one or two sentences to give them a little info to go on?
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bilinguism and online dating profiles.  Empty Re: Bilinguism and online dating profiles.

Post by Werel Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:49 pm

You could also use it as a joking invitation for matches to contact you ("Anglophones: if you're curious about what all the stuff in [language] says, it'd be more fun to ask me than to use Google Translate").
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum