NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pocket Dump!

+9
Gentleman Johnny
readertorider
Enail
Mel
waxingjaney
Wondering
reboot
eselle28
PKB
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pocket Dump! - Page 2 Empty Re: Pocket Dump!

Post by Werel Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 pm

fakely mctest wrote:
A number of people make fun of me for the measuring tape, but it's honestly come in handy a bunch of times.

You know, that's actually a really good idea... I am now thinking of all kinds of times I could have used a measuring tape. Gonna go stick one in my purse. Measuring tape solidarity! Cool
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:29 pm

reboot wrote:
If I had to hazard a guess it probably belonged to the Glock because it seems to be the one he carries most often, but I was not playing attention to which one he had. There are multiple but most spend their time in the safe.

He tends to open carry (I am in AZ so it is all OK, no permit needed) because it is what he is used to from the miltary and it is more comfortable. I am pretty sure he also has a concealed permit too.

Ooh, since this isn't the time or place, all I gotta say is your roomie sounds awesome. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 pm

The Mikey wrote:
reboot wrote:
If I had to hazard a guess it probably belonged to the Glock because it seems to be the one he carries most often, but I was not playing attention to which one he had. There are multiple but most spend their time in the safe.

He tends to open carry (I am in AZ so it is all OK, no permit needed) because it is what he is used to from the miltary and it is more comfortable. I am pretty sure he also has a concealed permit too.

Ooh, since this isn't the time or place, all I gotta say is your roomie sounds awesome. :3

He is awesome and easily the only person I could live with in my tiny studio without committing homicide. And to think we met in a PTSD support group and ended up living together because he needed a place to crash after he and his wife split.

Back to the topic: my work satchel is a serious stash of junk. Tire gage, assorted first aid supplies, lots of random papers many of them in languages I can not read, a black light for scorpion spotting, batteries in a size I have no use for, travel chop sticks, spork, etc.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by PKB Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:52 am

I love how crazy prepared this board is.

Might as well show the war bag.

Pocket Dump! - Page 2 15150200383_6306c45909_z
IMG_3181 by phokubunnyman

- MRE
- Boo-boo kit + over-the-counter drugs
- electrolyte powder from an MRE
- Three 4" Israeli Battle Dressings
- Shock cord (basically small-diameter bungee cord)

- Laser rangefinder (because why not)
- CR123A and AAA batteries (some primaries, some rechargeables)
- Metric and inch allen keys
- 550 cord in two exciting shades of dull green
- Duct tape
- Sharpie, ballpoints, mechanical pencil
- Security Torx bits
- Surefire EP3 earplugs
- Lightsticks
- Two packs of QuikClot Combat Gauze
- Combat Application Tourniquet

Not pictured: water source, ridiculous build-up of sand in bag, Subway napkins of questionable provenance.
PKB
PKB

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:44 am

Werel wrote:
fakely mctest wrote:
A number of people make fun of me for the measuring tape, but it's honestly come in handy a bunch of times.

You know, that's actually a really good idea... I am now thinking of all kinds of times I could have used a measuring tape. Gonna go stick one in my purse. Measuring tape solidarity! Cool

OMG measuring tape high five. I actually only started carrying the thing because I bought one of those random bags of crap at one of my local thrift stores and there were two in the bag. So one goes in my sewing supplies at home and the other travels around with me. Sometimes a person has to measure furniture that's going to go in a very specific location. Sometimes a person is utter crap at estimating lengths. cheers

General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:00 am

reboot wrote:
He is awesome and easily the only person I could live with in my tiny studio without committing homicide. And to think we met in a PTSD support group and ended up living together because he needed a place to crash after he and his wife split.

Back to the topic: my work satchel is a serious stash of junk. Tire gage, assorted first aid supplies, lots of random papers many of them in languages I can not read, a black light for scorpion spotting, batteries in a size I have no use for, travel chop sticks, spork, etc.

Also, I'd add that Arizona is a gun-owner friendly state, unlike California. Sad

Anyway, you mentioning that your work satchel had random papers reminded me of this scene. "In the briefcase?" / "Oh, uhh, papers... you know, business papers." / "And what do you do?" / "I'm unemployed..." Laughing

PKB wrote:I love how crazy prepared this board is.

Might as well show the war bag.

- MRE
- Boo-boo kit + over-the-counter drugs
- electrolyte powder from an MRE
- Three 4" Israeli Battle Dressings
- Shock cord (basically small-diameter bungee cord)

- Laser rangefinder (because why not)
- CR123A and AAA batteries (some primaries, some rechargeables)
- Metric and inch allen keys
- 550 cord in two exciting shades of dull green
- Duct tape
- Sharpie, ballpoints, mechanical pencil
- Security Torx bits
- Surefire EP3 earplugs
- Lightsticks
- Two packs of QuikClot Combat Gauze
- Combat Application Tourniquet

Not pictured: water source, ridiculous build-up of sand in bag, Subway napkins of questionable provenance.

I'm sure you already know this, but for others that may not know: take it easy on the MRE's if you ever decide to buy 'em, those things will leave you constipated. Why? So you can't poop in the middle of a firefight. Razz

Anyway, in my military style range bag (currently):

-two sketchbooks
-notebook
-A Copy of Scott Robertson's "How to Draw"
-My copy of "A Clockwork Orange" by Burgess
-Empty water bottle
-iPhone wall charger
-Fine tip Sharpies
-One lone Micron pigma pen
-zombie plastic mini
-my leather dice back (complete with a random assortment of polyhedral dice! :3)

Back to top Go down

Post by PKB Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:54 pm

Thanks for bringing up the measuring tape. Those are surprisingly useful. I usually use the scale on my Leatherman, but past eight inches you're kinda SOL...

Definitely tracking on the MREs. I've lived on those for two weeks straight. At that point your GI tract learns to adjust. Grin
PKB
PKB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum