NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss]

+9
eselle28
The Wisp
Gman
Gentleman Johnny
Spiffo
InkAndComb
Conreezy
nearly_takuan
Chickpea Sarada
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss] - Page 3 Empty Re: Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss]

Post by Chickpea Sarada Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:37 am

Finished ME2 and now I just started ME3. The graphics are much more detailed, so all the humans dove straight into the Uncanny Valley. I should get used to it eventually, but I kind of miss how the graphics in ME1 looked almost cartoonishly simple compared to 3.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss] - Page 3 Empty Re: Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss]

Post by KitKat Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:15 pm

How do you find the combat mechanics compared to the second game? In that sense, ME3 is definitely my favorite out of the three as I find the way taking cover is handled (especially being able to slide over them and perform an instant takedown if close enough) feels much more cathartic in the third game compared to the second.

KitKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:26 am

KitKat wrote:How do you find the combat mechanics compared to the second game? In that sense, ME3 is definitely my favorite out of the three as I find the way taking cover is handled (especially being able to slide over them and perform an instant takedown if close enough) feels much more cathartic in the third game compared to the second.

I'm still getting used to it (just finished the Mars mission), but the cover part is actually where I'm fumbling the most. Whenever I try to stand up from cover to shoot like in ME2, I end up instead rolling somewhere without meaning to.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:37 am

Haha, Barrel-Roll Shepard they call her! Ooh, Mars. I had an awkward-ish moment with Liara there. My Shep hooked up with her in the first game but then went for Garrus in the second so reunion was a bit...hrrrhm, oh hai.

But yeah, its mildly annoying how they change the controls around every game. So many moments when I tried to pause and bring up the Powers-menu and instead did nothing/stick to a whall/roll into something and get myself killed.

KitKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:43 pm

So I saw this video last night and then bought the Johnny Cash song on iTunes and have been listening to it nonstop today...

A commenter theorized that the damned riders could represent the Khet and the "devil's herd" would be the Remnant technology.

I'm now more excited for Andromeda than ever! Despite some people's disappointment that it will not be about Shepard, I'm glad it's like a spin-off rather than another rehash of Shepard and the Reapers. There's a reason it's not called Mass Effect 4.
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:13 am

Well, I'm done with the trilogy.  I didn't actually finish it, but I'm done. As in I feel satisfied that I completed what was probably the final main challenge of the game.  I did the Priority: Earth mission with Brutes and Banshees everywhere while dodging a giant laser

Any Mass Effect players? [Discuss] - Page 3 Latest?cb=20150806005554

plus a long stretch of being unable to save.  So when I finally finished the part with the missiles I was overjoyed.  But then at the part where you sprint toward the beam, the game froze!  It would be stuck on one frame for several seconds at a time, and the camera got pointed at the ground so I couldn't see where I was going.  I thought if I was patient enough to get past this part and move on to the next, it would resume normal speed.  So several minutes of trying to correct my view and then once I was facing the beam, the game stopped entirely.  :shout:  

And I don't feel a need to do it all again for the sake of an ending the fandom was, er, dissatisfied with.  I'll just watch what happens where I left off on youtube.

((((SPOILERS FOR THE ENDINGS))))

Destroy, Control, Synthesis or Refuse?  Which did you pick?  Why?  How would you have ended the story?
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:04 am

Spoiler:
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum