NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions thread!

+52
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
aennilla
Mme. Lara
bomaye
readertorider
HSavinien
Dannyboy
fr33et
Andrew Corvero
jcorozza
Prajnaparamita
TGnerd
InkAndComb
deathwish
Archetype694
sky
vessna
Chickpea Sarada
caliseivy
Gamerz
Jayce
Lemminkainen
IntelligentDice
concentus
Coin-op Adjudicator
Downvote
Dan_Brodribb
Gentleman Johnny
ApocalypseApple
Nerdator
Herr R
WJMorris3
kath
reboot
KMR
Wondering
nearly_takuan
kleenestar
Conreezy
BiSian
inertia
BasedBuzzed
Werel
Robjection
Hirundo Bos
eselle28
The Wisp
Gman
fakely mctest
UristMcBunny
Enail
Mel
56 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introductions thread! - Page 2 Empty Re: Introductions thread!

Post by Guest Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm High Plains Progger and I was a member of the former board as well. Although, not for all that long. I think the place was closed, say, a month or so after I showed up.

I'm 23, male, Scottish-Australian (but I prefer to drop the Australian 99% of the time). I'm a computer-nut, music-nut and whiskey-nut. Anime, manga, sci-fi, virology and comics are just some of my other interests. I currently work as a Data Centre Engineer on a bunch of enterprise level projects so I may be quiet save for weekends. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm glad there's a new place to go like the old forums; I don't exactly talk about dating, relationships etc. off the internet and really nowhere else but there either. Probably because I have no idea what I want and flip-flop like it's going out of season.

Also, Happy Birthday to Wisp!

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:36 pm

I'm Kath! Also back from old forums, excited to see everyone!

I'm 27, Canadian, I have an art degree and I still do that (wearable technology stuff mostly, very interested in physical computing). I work at a science non-museum doing public programming for adults, so that's a fun and weird job!

I'm pretty shy and can be sensitive so most of my advice requests are along "aaah what was going on here" lines.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Hello, I'm WJMorris3, though y'all can call me Will. I don't believe in any of this anonymous stuff on the Internet.

31 years old from Malaga, New Jersey. Still looking for the right lady, although when one eschews the physical side of relationships, that can be tough. Into my first year as the official voice of my alma mater's athletic teams - I now am public address announcer for football (both gridiron and association), basketball, wrestling, baseball, and lacrosse. Between that and work, I'm a very busy son of a gun.

Also, echoing the natal day festivities for The Wisp! How fortunate you are to be born on the Kalends of October!

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:46 pm

I'm Herr "R" from the old forums.

I used to be a rather infamous admin/mod on a certain "incel" site, which I started finding myself drifting away from (although lately I have found myself missing the place a lot). Then I developed feelings for a girl I met on those forums (which sadly, didn't pan out into a relationship) and looking for a decent place to ask for advice, I ended up on the original DNL forums, even though I'm not exactly a huge fan of DNL himself. Go figure.

I would consider myself a Gamer, a Rivethead, a Writer and something of an "explorer". But between my personal demons, a job that while I appreciate having is stressing me out even more and having to deal with assholes and people I barely tolerate, I've found that I can't really enjoy those things as much.

Anyway, 34 years old, male, live in the US state of Pennsylvania but originally from Puerto Rico, atheist and a humanist (because I have concerns with both feminism and the MRM) although I even struggle with that as I try to toe the fine line between being a human being and being a misanthrope.

So yeah. When I'm not busy trying to justify a reason to exist to myself, figuring out how to be popular with women whilst being a slave to geography, limited transportation, my job and my inexperience, or feeling down in general I guess I'm the opposite. I'm either busy collecting nerdy t-shirts, working on being the most fashionable fat bastard around and being a somewhat funny, yet cocky guy who likes to randomly air guitar and headbang to his favorite tunes while working.

Herr R

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerdator Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:03 am

I guess, it's time to make my own 'sticky introduction'.

I am Nerdator. I am also known as Otranreg (I'm assuming amnesty, mods!), so if you have any reason to dislike either of me, you're in luck today: we're a one-stop service now!

I am about 27, I've never got anywhere, and after the year of hanging out at the old forums I'm even more convinced that I never will. But hey, interesting stuff does pop up here from time to time, so 'I'm bahck' *adjusts sunglasses*.
Nerdator
Nerdator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:16 am

Hello all you lovely people.

I'm Glides, as that username on the left of the screen indicates. I'm from the old forums, I'm pretty infamous on there, according to myself. Back in my younger, more immature days, I would rant about shit all the time on the old forums, but luckily those records are deleted.

I'm also probably the "baby" of the forum at the ripe old age of 19. I'm currently in film school and stuff. That's basically what I exist to do. Some people exist to scrape animal crap off the cages at zoos, I exist to make movies.

The old forums definitely helped more than anything else I can think of to improve myself as a person. I'm not really "there," but I can fake it for large periods of time. Thanks to lovely folks like Werel and Enail and Kleenestar and G-Man and many others who I haven't mentioned at this point, I got to be a nice person sometimes for a change. I'm thanking all of those people now: thanks.

Anyway, that's all I've got. I've got a very dry sense of humor and I'm not really the kind of person who tries to hold back my opinions, so I will probably be brutally honest all the time. That's what worked with me, it's what I'm going to do here. I'm not gonna be mean, but I'm not about to fluff anything. Neither will anyone else.

Yeah...puppies or boobs or something, whatever the cool kids like these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by ApocalypseApple Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 am

ApocalypseApple here, I post under the same name on the blog, though they are few. Don't suppose anyone remembers, but months (might even be a year by now) ago I went by the name of ThatDebra until I had to get my shit together and stopped visiting the blog for a while (and so properly forgot my password and email adress I registered under).

I'm a woman of 23, Dutchie through and through, with varied interests that I don't feel like laying out here like some resumé. It changes by the week.
ApocalypseApple
ApocalypseApple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:23 am

Hello! Eliza Jane here. I was never really around on the old forum, although I posted once or twice, probably under a different username, which I've forgotten.

I'm a regular reader on the blog and post in spotty bursts of activity.

Newly divorced mother of three trying to rediscover the quest for love and connection in today's world.

Semi-dormant geek: waiting until my kids are older to get back into all the fun geek stuff I used to like. SF/Fantasy buff, former gamer, crafter, baker, musician, feminist, sometime fanficcer.

Loving the new forum! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:02 pm

Hey all, the infamous Gentleman Johnny from the DNL comments section here. Mild mannered computer programmer by day, burlesque show runner by night. Bane of trolls, champion of the under dog, stuff like that.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan_Brodribb Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:01 pm

(nearly) 41-year old non-monogamous Canadian. I answer crisis lines, dance salsa, tango, and burlesque, practice Buddhism, work the steps, write a dating blog, perform stand-up comedy, referee and ring announce professional wrestling.

I love reading.

I'm really happy the forums are back. I don't think I realized how much I missed them and the people on them.

Dan_Brodribb
Roving Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Downvote Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi all, I'm man 51years. Read blog and old forum, only have made some comments with different names.
I'm still married and got two kids and cat. Like books, comics, TV series, games and also less nerdy things like playing football, gym, running, bicycling. I work as software developer. Dnl blog would have been great help to me if it had been existed 30 years ago.
Downvote
Downvote

Back to top Go down

Post by Coin-op Adjudicator Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:43 pm

20-something tech nerd. Never have had great people skills, to put it mildly, which is part of why I'm here. I've been lurking DNL's blog since early 2013 and don't actually post there; I had a few posts on the forums before they went kaput. I think this is a close approximation to my prior username.

As my name suggests, I love video games, particularly arcade games. Side hobbies include taking care of animals, building gaming rigs, other light electronics projects, cooking, food in general, geeking out over sodas, a bit of dancing...you get the drill. There's others, but I'm just not thinking of them at the moment.
Coin-op Adjudicator
Coin-op Adjudicator

Back to top Go down

Post by concentus Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:53 pm

Concentus here, I went by "adirondackotaku" on the old forums (I was a persistent lurker but posted occasionally).  I'm a late-20s professional nerd (and internet radio personality), who lives in the middle of nowhere.  Seriously, there were more students in my high school then there are in the town where I live.

I work the usual professional nerd hours (in-office 5 varying days a week, on-call 24/7/365), which certainly doesn't help my social life any.  I'm attempting to get back into the dating market, but I sometimes find that the fact that I make no attempt to hide the fact that I'm a colossal nerd doesn't help.  I also have no intentions of ceasing to be a nerd, because that would be like betraying myself.

Last edited by concentus on Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
concentus
concentus

Back to top Go down

Post by IntelligentDice Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:47 am

A big thank you to everyone that got this up and running again!

Your hard work has made my week. Seriously.

I'm IntelligentDice. ID is totally cool if you're in to brevity. It's great to see all your smiling faces (avatars?) again!

-Einstein
IntelligentDice
IntelligentDice

Back to top Go down

Post by Lemminkainen Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:50 am

I'm a 23-year-old graduate student in history, although I'm also trained in mathematics. I have a lot of very conventional nerd and geek interests (mathematics, science, sci-fi, fantasy, video games, obscure German board games, comic books of various types, tabletop RPGs, etc, etc.) I speak four human languages and five or six different dialects of academese. I'm fashionable, flamboyant, and bisexual. I used to have really bad romantic and social skills problems, so I'm here to offer whatever help I can to people who have similar issues, as well as seek help with my own problems from the wise folks here.

Lemminkainen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:33 am

Some of you might remember me from the old forums.

I'm Pagliacci, 31, and still trying to recover from an abusive and traumatic upbringing that continued for most of my twenties. Unlike most people on these forums, my main concern isn't dating, romantic or sexual relationships. What I want is to have friends and to actually belong somewhere. But considering that I'm decades behind socially, and always carrying around all the intense pain I feel, that's a pretty tall order. If I can actually make up ground on that stuff, then maybe dating and sex and relationships can come later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jayce Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 am

Hey everyone, some of you might know me from the old forums as Clueless. Great to see you all of you here. Since the closing of the last forums, I'm still allowed to get to study at university, have been making more friends and things are going pretty well.

Jayce

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamerz Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:59 am

Hello everyone. I'm Gamerz. I'm completely new to this forum. I'm an early-30's service industry supervisor. I'm the kind of guy who will put all my effort and charm into my work and then go home and just wanna play video games or surf online. My humour is as dry as the Sahara desert.

I have just recently separated from my wife of 4 years and am looking to get back into the game but am intimidated by the prospect of the 30's dating world (the age, not the decade Wink ). Figured this would be a good place to start when it comes to advice and/or support.
Gamerz
Gamerz

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Greetings.
Apparently I'm going to go by caliseivy now, which merely started out as a Nintendo username but I guess has grown on me. Call me calise, call me ivy, call me both, up to you.
29-female employed at my local college library. My relationship status is hopelessly single, but that's mostly to do with how sucktasticly my last good relationship ended, and you know, not wanting to be bothered anymore.

My hobbies pretty much revolve around video games and trying to fit more of it into my day. I read fantasy when I can find something interesting and watch anime on occasion. Like on the DNL blog I'll probably do much more reading than responding.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chickpea Sarada Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Hello, everyone.  I'm BritterSweet, now Chickpea Sarada.  I'm usually just lurking until I have something to say.

I'm a 5th generation Japanese American in Hawai'i, and I work as a nurse.

Hobbies and interests include singing (very partial to oldies, Broadway and Japanese songs), anime and manga, video games (though I hardly ever have the newest thing), trying to draw better hands, imagining my own non-dystopian sci-fi adventure story that will probably never be published, and feminism.

Dating status: single, and always finding another reason why I'm not ready yet.

Last edited by Chickpea Sarada on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more)
Chickpea Sarada
Chickpea Sarada

Back to top Go down

Post by vessna Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm vessna. I sometimes commented on the old forums but read them every single day.

I'm a professor, in my late 30s, and still looking for love.
vessna
vessna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Autumnflame here, Autumnflame there, Autumnflame damn near everywhere (except on the occasion when someone else has got to my usual nickname before I could get it, fistshake). 29-year-old artist (and it still feels a bit weird and fake saying that, but I make a living at it, so!) living in Texas, single Asian bisexual lady who believes Isabela from Dragon Age would be her patronus, if that gives you any idea of my usual attitude toward sex and relationships. Wink

I like reading dating sites and advice columns because relationships fascinate me and I sometimes hope I can help with my viewpoint. More often I chime in on the silly threads or random tangents. Once in a while it's nice to vent, too. Sometimes I draw silly Venn diagrams of my romantic and sexual inclinations. (Okay, once.)

I also abuse parentheses. (I'm trying to get help for it.)

Back to top Go down

Post by sky Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:12 am

Hello, I suppose you can call me Sky. I lurked on the old forum for a year or two, but never had anything I wanted to contribute badly enough to make an account.

I missed you all when the forum disappeared, so I figured I'd actually sign up this time around.

I love dancing, crafting, and strategy games, and learning new skills.
sky
sky

Back to top Go down

Post by Archetype694 Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:27 am

Greetings and Salutations!

I'm Archetype, 33 year old male who works in IT. I'm somewhat of a newb to dating being a late bloomer and currently working on myself by expanding my interests and learning new things.

I love many nerdy things, show tunes, musicals, gaming, history (cultural, economic, and biographical), fantasy, sci fi, biology, astronomy, computers and technology, writing (poorly), Hip Hop, Classical, Swing, Doo Wop, and most animals (aside from the evil that are chihuahuas).

I enjoy the give and take of ideas that these forums bring. I am of the belief that something can be learned from everyone, to paraphrase one of my idols (Bill Nye). I consider myself passionately curious, and a optimistic cynic with silly streak.

Glad to see the forums resurface, I missed the friendly faces here.
Archetype694
Archetype694

Back to top Go down

Post by deathwish Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi all, I'm deathwish, as I was on the previous forums. I'm in my late twenties, and spend my days working as a computer programmer in the US Midwest and Western Europe.

Because I care about that balance thing, I have hobbies outside of working. I enjoy cycling in a really intense way, and am pretty excited by my continued improvement. I'm also an avid hiker when the opprotunity presents itself, and generally enjoy any variety of exercise requiring more endurance than coordination. I'm fairly mechanically handy, which translates to doing a lot of work on my car and the bicycles, as well as an assortment of other projects. And like many here, I do love my sci-fi and vidya, although the amount of time I spend on either of these varies.

My dating experience has been mixed and somewhat slim, but is now in a state I'm happy with thanks in no small part to DNL' and the advice posted by all you lovely people. My biggest challenge at the moment is figuring out how to balance a tendency towards a relationship style best described as serial monogamy when one isn't monogamously inclined, along with how to be a better non-monogamist.

deathwish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum