NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introductions thread!

+52
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
aennilla
Mme. Lara
bomaye
readertorider
HSavinien
Dannyboy
fr33et
Andrew Corvero
jcorozza
Prajnaparamita
TGnerd
InkAndComb
deathwish
Archetype694
sky
vessna
Chickpea Sarada
caliseivy
Gamerz
Jayce
Lemminkainen
IntelligentDice
concentus
Coin-op Adjudicator
Downvote
Dan_Brodribb
Gentleman Johnny
ApocalypseApple
Nerdator
Herr R
WJMorris3
kath
reboot
KMR
Wondering
nearly_takuan
kleenestar
Conreezy
BiSian
inertia
BasedBuzzed
Werel
Robjection
Hirundo Bos
eselle28
The Wisp
Gman
fakely mctest
UristMcBunny
Enail
Mel
56 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Introductions thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Introductions thread!

Post by InkAndComb Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 am

Hallo! Feel free to call me Ink; I am a lady college student at 25, super super senior Psychology to Social Work Major Smile

I enjoy anime/animations of all sorts, drama/comedy shows, reading (to the MAX), healthy debates and discussions, and am an avid followed of DNL and CaptainAwkward.  Whovian, just getting into super natural, Sherlocked, music nerd (but in an appreciator way, not in a "I know how to read/compose" sort of way).  I also have a large amount of training in regards to cheese tasting and pairing, so feel free to get CHEESY with me ;D (the puns are free of charge/required). I have a secret/notsosecret love of Bee keeping and honey production!

I am also a recovering comma, semi-colon, and parenthesis abuser.  It's been...tarter sauce, 2 seconds since my last parenthesis.

Last edited by InkAndComb on Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I am silly.)
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:30 am

If you want to start a punctuation addiction recovery support thread, I'm in; semi-colons are my demon.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:30 am

So, I was High Plains Progger. I left because I needed a break and decided to make it absolute but it looks like I can't stay away so I'm back. Won't be pulling that again, so don't fret. To quote myself...

I'm 23, male, Scottish-Australian (but I prefer to drop the Australian 99% of the time). I'm a computer-nut, music-nut and whiskey-nut. Anime, manga, sci-fi, virology and comics are just some of my other interests. I currently work as a Data Centre Engineer.

Back to top Go down

Post by TGnerd Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:02 pm

I see this is the thread for introducing oneself. So I guess I will.

Hi! I'm TGnerd, or Tyler. I'm a 27 year old male Canadian gaming nerd, with a multitude of passions, such as DND, video games, MMO's, wrestling, in fact, name it and I've either been a fan or am a fan currently. I can't get enough of anything it seems, like a red mage, I'm a jack of all trades. I've been reading DNL for about a year or two, slowly working to better myself.

I currently work for a survey company, Ipsos. We call you for surveys. Yes, we are a real company, no we are not a scam, and yes we are real people. ( To answer the 3 most common questions)

So... Hello! Please be gentle!
TGnerd
TGnerd

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Hi TGnerd! Welcome!
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:08 pm

BUNNICULAAAAA!!!
Shiny/thrilled
...Okay you've certainly given off a good impression here at least. Welcome to the forum, and let's see how we might be able to help you with that self bettering of yours! (And who knows, maybe you can help me with mine!) Welcome!

Edit: Darn, changed your pic already? I liked the old one... But hey, whatever floats your boat!

Back to top Go down

Post by TGnerd Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:57 pm

Prajnaparamita wrote:BUNNICULAAAAA!!!
Shiny/thrilled
...Okay you've certainly given off a good impression here at least. Welcome to the forum, and let's see how we might be able to help you with that self bettering of yours! (And who knows, maybe you can help me with mine!) Welcome!

Edit: Darn, changed your pic already? I liked the old one... But hey, whatever floats your boat!

... And here I thought I was the only person to read that as a kid. I'll change it back now.
TGnerd
TGnerd

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:00 am

TGnerd wrote:
Prajnaparamita wrote:BUNNICULAAAAA!!!
Shiny/thrilled

... And here I thought I was the only person to read that as a kid. I'll change it back now.

What? Bunnicula was a great series! And I thought a widely read one...though I suppose I notice it's not talked about as much these days and I'm older than you guys, so perhaps it slowly went out of style? Kind of a shame, since I thought it was pretty charming.

Oh, also, welcome!
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:46 pm

Bunnicula was the best series! Welcome, TGNerd, man of fine tastes.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:20 pm

Hey nerdy type folks! I'm Jess (aka jcorozza - unfortunately that was already my WordPress username, but it's deadly boring)

I'm a 28 year old working as a para in a high school while I look for a school counseling job. I also have an MFA in fiction writing, so...I know how to get degrees that are really terrible for turning them into jobs!

My nerdy vice is mainly books - classics, contemporary, fiction, memoir, adolescent lit, graphic novels, Harry Potter, you name it, I'll probably read it. I follow a lot of political issues, though feminist ones are my favorite (I named one of my hamsters Ruth Bader Ginsburg). I've also been making steampunk jewelry, and lately trying to sew stuff to go with it.
jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 am

To those who know me: THE CHEETAH IS BACK!

To those who don't: I'm Alex Irizarry, 25, Puerto Rican, Soldier, Trekkie, Otaku and cat lover.

Likes: Anime, PC gaming, Star Trek, Rifle Marksmanship and cats
It's a pleasure to meet you all!

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:43 am

Welcome back, Alex!
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Corvero Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:31 pm

Hello, this is Andrew Corvero. You may know me from some comments on Dr. Nerdlove's website and...that's actually all you may know me from. If you do. Do you?

[cricket chirps]

OK, that was awkward. Moving on...

Here's the REAL introduction: I'm 28 years old, I hail from sunny Italy even though I've spent a few years between England and Russia, I'm a translator/linguist by trade and a movie/TV series geek at heart. By this I mean that I've watched far too many flicks and TV shows for my own good and I've also dabbled in screenwriting. I still do from time to time. By this I mean that type and some words* appear on the screen. Usually. Unless there's blank space staring at me. Curse you blank spaces!

[*The quality of those words may wary.]

I'm also a fairly big sci-fi books geek. I love stories in general, in all their aspects, but I especially adore discussing character motivations and arcs. I tend to write screeds about characters I love when I'm inspired and if the time and space is right, so prepare for one of them sooner or later (and hopefully there'll be plenty for you to enjoy...or shudder).

I'm also definitely not a time travelling mad scientist planning to achieve world domination any time soon. Nope. Nothing to see here. MWHAHA...sorry, it's a bad cough. *whistles innocently*

Anyway I'm happy to be on the forum! This looks like a very pleasant, helpful community and I really want to be part of it.
Andrew Corvero
Andrew Corvero

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi Andrew! Welcome! I think you'll find this community to be highly accepting of those plotting world domination, though also possibly home to a few competitors or potential co-conspirators.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Andrew Corvero wrote:Hello, this is Andrew Corvero. You may know me from some comments on Dr. Nerdlove's website and...that's actually all you may know me from. If you do. Do you?

Or from trying to facebook stalk you, seeing as it's linked to your comments. Uh-oh

...Yeah, so if you're ever in need of a sidekick who is both well-versed in Google-fu and the art of the snark but gets into more than few scrapes due to her boundless, cat-killing (metaphorically!) curiosity and schemes that probably didn't even make sense when they were in her head, you know where to find me. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by jcorozza Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:58 pm

Welcome, Andrew!

(Glad I'm not alone for stalking linked Facebook accounts...)

jcorozza
jcorozza

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:35 pm

Hey Andrew - sorry I don't have a clever welcome to the forum comment like the others, so I'll just suffice with "Hi!" :-)
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by fr33et Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Hello. I'm fr33et. I've been reading the forums for a while (back to the old ones), and they've had a big influence on me, especially in terms of feminism and the value of social skills and politeness. I posted a bit on the old forum, but I changed my name this time around to be less recognizable in case I want to post something personal. My main nerdy interest is math, which I'm studying currently (undergrad). I also like Star Trek and various movies and books, although my coursework is a bit limiting in terms of those things (for the moment--the semester's almost over).

fr33et

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:01 pm

Welcome fr33et!
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannyboy Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:45 am

Hello everybody!

My name's Dismas, a loner, geek, and occasional alcoholic from Colorado! My interests include social biking, anime, true crime shows, video games (especially Bioware RPgs and strategy games like Civilization and Crusader Kings), hiking, and creative writing once I can muster up the willpower necessary to write a bunch of crap with only the faint hope that I might one day be good enough.

Basically, I'm here for advice and support in my quest to stop being a shut-in. I've just graduated from College and I've got about year before I'll likely start doing online Graduate school, so I'm hoping to make some friends in the mean time, possibly even meet a nice girl if i'm lucky.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HSavinien Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Hello, I'm H. Savinien, commonly referred to online as Sav. I'm a youth librarian, a queer intersectional feminist, and geek in the historical reenactment (SCA), fandom (many), and sci-fi/fantasy sectors. I've got a partner who's genderqueer and we live in the country in Illinois with a lovey dog and an irritable cat.

I like comics, cosplay, some anime, camping, music, theatre (especially Shakespeare), books, board games, RP (sadly have not found a group in IL), and fanfiction.

http://hsavinien.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by readertorider Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello Dannyboy! Belated congrats on your graduation and Civ is way too addicting Smile

Hello H Savinien! Youth literature is some of the best and board games are indubitably awesome. Welcome.
readertorider
readertorider

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Hi I'm Bomaye. Shiny/thrilled
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Mme. Lara Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:13 pm

Hi! My name is Lara. I am a firefighter from Argentina. I live alone with my plants, freelance as a software developer to pay the bills but don't find it too exciting, and spend my free time swimming, gardening, traveling and researching religions and magical traditions. I don't post much in DNL.com but I do read the comments always so I probably know you guys much better than you know me. It's nice to be here!

Mme. Lara

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Hi Lara! Welcome to the forums!
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum