NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum news

+5
eselle28
Wondering
Hirundo Bos
readertorider
Enail
9 posters

Go down

Forum news Empty Forum news

Post by Enail Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Hey folks, you might have noticed our URL has changed to https://nerdlounge.canadian-forum.com.

This is a change the forum provider has made automatically to all .ca sites, not a sign of the inevitable hostile-but-polite Canadian takeover forum hijacking. (In case anyone was wondering, .com wasn't an option, so I went with .ca initially). The forum is still open to non-Canadians, and you will not be required to pass a hockey test, eat donuts or have a moose vouch for you before you are allowed to post. The old URL is still redirecting here, but I don't know if it will do so permanently, so please do update your bookmarks.

Sorry for the inconvenience and any Canada-related alarm this may have caused.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Forum news Empty Re: Forum news

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:59 pm

Enail wrote:The forum is still open to non-Canadians, and you will not be required to pass a hockey test, eat donuts or have a moose vouch for you before you are allowed to post.

Mmm, donuts. I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords. Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by readertorider Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:26 pm

The Mikey wrote:
Enail wrote:The forum is still open to non-Canadians, and you will not be required to pass a hockey test, eat donuts or have a moose vouch for you before you are allowed to post.

Mmm, donuts. I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords. Shiny/thrilled

I have mixed feelings. On the one hand donuts are delicious. On the other as an Engineer I really don't want a new hockey puck based system of measurement--metric and english are hard enough to keep track of.
readertorider
readertorider

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:13 pm

We already have plenty of moose where I live. And something we call "smultringer" that aren't donuts but have the same shape. I really wouldn't want to give them up, but I... can adapt to circumstances... I suppose?
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Donuts only from Tim Horton's, I assume.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:03 pm

Wait, so no cheap prescriptions? Rats!
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:57 pm

But moose love me.* When can I unleash my terrifying Disney Princess powers?!**

* abject lie
** abjecter lie

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:38 am

Moose + Disney Princess would be TERRIFYING.
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:29 am

kath wrote:Moose + Disney Princess would be TERRIFYING.

I request Princess Aurora and her moose see me in my tent. Well, mostly Aurora. Wink

The moose can chill outside the tent eating donuts.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:03 pm

So, I keep getting a Maintenance In Progress page in numerous languages when I post, even though my posts seem to go through?
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:20 pm

I've been having that a bit too. It looks like they've been doing a bit of maintenance along with the domain name change, hopefully it'll settle down soon.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:57 pm

Yeah, whatever they're doing, it's tracking incorrectly. I'm seeing most recent posts on the main forum page that are from earlier today or yesterday when there's actually more recent posts than that if you go into the subforums.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:00 pm

Sorry, folks. Hopefully it'll sort out soon.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:05 pm

You know, I know a moose. She's this really nice single mom who occasionally visits my dad's farm. I've never gotten to know any of her calves very well, but I think she'd give me a reference if I asked nicely. Would it help? Razz
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Have her send some donuts with the reference, and you're golden!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Oh, no need to apologize, Enail. Although, since you're Canadian, I know that comes naturally. Wink

My post was more of a heads up than anything.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by kath Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:40 am

The Mikey wrote:

I request Princess Aurora and her moose see me in my tent. Well, mostly Aurora. Wink

The moose can chill outside the tent eating donuts.

You can have that fantasy. Ima stay as far away from moose as possible. Also elk and bears.

(I think I'm particularly sensitive to the idea of encountering a moose right now because there's a group of deer who keep like hanging out in my neighbourhood at night and lately I've been seeing them around the street when I come home somewhat late and I am TERRIFIED they are going to leap onto the road and I am going to hit one and like die, 2 blocks from my house)
kath
kath

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:02 am

I'm just gonna leave this here.  Since Kate Beaton is also a Canadian I trust that "The Mild Observer" as your paper of record is 100% real. Wink

Forum news Batchcanadasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Barretts_Salt Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:44 am

kath wrote: they are going to leap onto the road and I am going to hit one and like die, 2 blocks from my house)

Or at neighborhood speeds, probably not you but your car will -- or at least it will look *really* downscale until the insurance company okays the bodywork -- if they do:)
Barretts_Salt
Barretts_Salt

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:07 pm

kath wrote:
You can have that fantasy. Ima stay as far away from moose as possible. Also elk and bears.

(I think I'm particularly sensitive to the idea of encountering a moose right now because there's a group of deer who keep like hanging out in my neighbourhood at night and lately I've been seeing them around the street when I come home somewhat late and I am TERRIFIED they are going to leap onto the road and I am going to hit one and like die, 2 blocks from my house)

Well, I expect the moose to be her mount/steed. ;3

(also wait, seriously? Where the heck do you live? the mountains? and the deer are like a roaming greaser gang from the 50's? Hehehe, I can imagine deer in leather jackets lol. Just... don't hit any deer, it's bad news for you and the poor deer you hit. Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Eh, deer are pretty much anywhere you have a nearby wooded area. I live in a suburban area outside a major metro area, and we have deer all the time, plus occasional black bears, and even a cougar once in a while. Encroaching human developments on wildlife habitat.

Speaking of moose, I'll just leave this here:
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:42 pm

Wondering wrote:

Speaking of moose, I'll just leave this here:
A Møøse once bit my sister... No realli! She was Karving her initials on the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... We apologise for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked. Mynd you, møøse bites Kan be pretti nasti... We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles.

It bothers me that I recognize this, but can't remember what it's from. I want to say Monty Python but not sure.

Gotta watch out for those deer. One hit my brother while he was driving home one night.
Yes, I wrote it that way on purpose.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Monty Python and the Holy Grail... and the reason I know there are moose-stereotypes about us Norwegians as well.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fakely mctest Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:41 pm

I know they get all messed up on fermented apples and then get stuck in trees!

Forum news Attachment

This concludes my report on the majority of things I know about mooses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:08 pm

fakely mctest wrote:I know they get all messed up on fermented apples and then get stuck in trees!

-moose pic-

This concludes my report on the majority of things I know about mooses.

Them moose know how to party hard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum