NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma

+2
Raindancing
reboot
6 posters

Go down

Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma Empty Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma

Post by reboot Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:44 am

Hi all, my old skirt suit finally had to be sent to the cornfield (RIP dear suit 1999-2015) and I ended up buying this navy suit because it is the only damned suit in Phoenix that is not going to make me look like a sleezy realtor and had more than one button on the jacket.

I need to go to DC tomorrow to "advocate" to Congresspeople which will require wearing nylons to cover my ankle tattoos. Up until now, I only owned black suits and only own black shoes, so black nylons always worked, but with this dark a navy blue I am not sure if black nylons will fit the bill or if they will make me look like I could not match my clothes.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma Empty Re: Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma

Post by Raindancing Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:56 am

Cosmo says it's okay, if that's any comfort. I think semi-opaque black hose would be better than fully-opaque black tights.
Raindancing
Raindancing

Back to top Go down

Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma Empty Re: Dark, dark navy suit hosiery and shoe dilemma

Post by Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm

For a moment I thought the suit itself was black, but then I brightened the screen on my iPhone and ah! There it is, blue suit. Razz

I don't see how the black nylons wouldn't match. Black and blue, from my artists' point of view, always seemed like a winning pair.

I'm gonna guess you tried on the suit with the nylons?

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:23 pm

If hosiery works like men's socks, black or navy blue would work. Not sure about tights, though

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:31 pm

I've always thought black nylons go with any skirt, professionally. Black close-toed shoes, too.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:24 pm

I used to sell shoes, and black nylons and black closed-toed shoes work fine with a navy suit. (That's a nice-looking one, by the way.)
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:05 pm

Awesome! I do not need to buy anything new Smile I was afraid that the colors were so close that it would look like I did not notice they were different

@raindancing I was going to go with semi-sheer. My tats are very small and subtle that those usually work. If I end up with a Congressperson close enough to my ankles to see them, we have bigger problems than matching clothes Shocked

@Eselle, Thanks! Ann Taylor is my go to for work
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:04 pm

@raindancing I was going to go with semi-sheer. My tats are very small and subtle that those usually work. If I end up with a Congressperson close enough to my ankles to see them, we have bigger problems than matching clothes

Blackmail is great for government grants, though...

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:06 pm

reboot wrote:
@raindancing I was going to go with semi-sheer. My tats are very small and subtle that those usually work. If I end up with a Congressperson close enough to my ankles to see them, we have bigger problems than matching clothes Shocked

I'm now picturing you doing some awesome martial arts moves on my least favorite Congresspeople.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrissyOrig Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:09 pm

reboot wrote:I need to go to DC tomorrow to "advocate" to Congresspeople which will require wearing nylons to cover my ankle tattoos. Up until now, I only owned black suits and only own black shoes, so black nylons always worked, but with this dark a navy blue I am not sure if black nylons will fit the bill or if they will make me look like I could not match my clothes.

Great suit! And I agree black nylons will be fine, and also semi-sheer will work well. It's a very good look.

ChrissyOrig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum