NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunscreen brand recommendations?

5 posters

Go down

Sunscreen brand recommendations? Empty Sunscreen brand recommendations?

Post by The Wisp Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:16 pm

I'm trying to take better care of my skin, and of course the best way to do that is to use sunscreen (especially at high altitude). I'm wondering if you all could recommend any brands? I've tried using the generic Banana Boat stuff lying around my house, but I don't like the artificial smell of it and it sometimes is mildly irritating to my skin.
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Sunscreen brand recommendations? Empty Re: Sunscreen brand recommendations?

Post by PintsizeBro Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:43 pm

I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer. All sunscreen is gross, but Ultra Sheer is less gross and doesn't irritate my skin.

PintsizeBro

Back to top Go down

Post by Caffeinated Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Things sold as sunscreen are mostly awful, but things sold as moisturizers that also have sunscreen are usually not as bad. I wear Oil of Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Caffeinated
Caffeinated

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 pm

I'll second Caffeinated's suggestion. If you're looking for something to use for daily protection rather than for when you're spending extended time outside, moisturizer with sunscreen is a good option. It doesn't have as high of an SPF, but tends to be less greasy and prone to clogging pores.

I like Kiehl's which has the benefit of being marketed as a gender neutral product (so it doesn't have an overtly feminine scent) but which is unfortunately pretty expensive. You might want to test out some sample products to see if you can find something that has a scent you like.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:43 pm

For those times when a low-SPF moisturizer just won't cut it (e.g. if you are me: severely white and living in the tropics), Neutrogena's Clear Face liquid-lotion sunscreen is pretty good. It's super lightweight, water resistant, hardly smells like anything, doesn't clog pores (or at least much less than most sunscreens), and doesn't leave my skin feeling greasy at all. And you can get it up to 55 SPF!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Sat May 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Thanks for the input, I'll have to check some of these out when I get the chance!
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 04, 2015 5:36 pm

I'm also fond of the Elta MD line. I use their night cream and daily sunscreen stuff as a regular moisturizer/sunscreen combo, and it feels good, absorbs well and is neither gross nor sticky.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum