NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joys and Good News

+48
Datelessman
nearly_takuan
Enail
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
berrybear
DoubtfulGuest
Mara_
Amygdala
litterature
aennilla
Jayce
Caffeinated
InkAndComb
HSavinien
readertorider
lonelyoffices
JP McBride
reboundstudent
Aggrax
PintsizeBro
waxingjaney
jcorozza
V
Conreezy
sky
Olmajor
Prajnaparamita
Barretts_Salt
Robjection
Dan_Brodribb
Izmuth
BasedBuzzed
KMR
azazel
UristMcBunny
The Wisp
Lemminkainen
kleenestar
caliseivy
WJMorris3
Gentleman Johnny
Wondering
Gman
kath
eselle28
reboot
fakely mctest
52 posters

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Go down

Joys and Good News - Page 5 Empty Re: Joys and Good News

Post by caliseivy Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

The supervisor is ordering pizza to top off today's pie day!
These are the perks that make me tolerate my job.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

reboot wrote:
The Wisp wrote:
WJMorris3 wrote:My state is joining the ranks of the civilized and expanding protections on women!

Alas, most of the people of my state disagree with this...

Yeah that law isn't open for abuse and overbroad interpretation at all.

Wisp, this is joys and good news, so please do not critique someone else's joy or good news. If you have commentary on the law, take it to a different thread.
I think I'm going to create a new thread just for that rather than risk this thread getting threadjacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Watching the wedding party play a live rendition of Talking Heads' "This Must Be the Place" at the wedding of two of my best friends. Bride on keytar. Me crying with joy. Lovestruck
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:43 pm

[ltr]So last night I went dancing again and it was a bit different than usual. Sometime during the night, I ask this girl (who I never met before that night) to dance with me. But she was different from the others and I could somehow tell that even before we started to dance. The vibe was very positive and energetic. As soon as we start to dance, I am blown away by her – she is very touchy at first, but she quickly gets comfortable dancing with me and becomes quite intimate in the dance, in a way that automatically causes me to simply lower my emotional inhibitions and completely indulge myself in her touch. It was one of the most intoxicating feelings in the world and a dance I won't forget anytime soon. It's like I was kind of in a complete and total physical and emotional sync with her for a few minutes, it was such an empowering and extremely fun dance. The only time I remember myself getting this excited and feeling this blissfully happy was when I was still with my ex. It was that powerful.[/ltr]

[ltr]But Let me back up a bit. I was dancing Bachata (link to a great example of how it supposed to look like). It is a rather intimate dance as is, but most of my dances in it are usually just a simple kind of "fun". That's not to say that all the other dances I have aren't any fun, they are. There are also a few regulars there that I became friendly with and we really like dancing with each other, we have great vibes and we feed of each other's energies very well. But this was like an entirely different league. A whole new level I suddenly reached. It's amazing to what emotional heights you can get when you let your defenses down for just a tiny bit (with the appropriate partner, obviously, this can't just happen with any person).[/ltr]

[ltr]I obviously asked her out shortly after our dance, because it was simply something I HAD to do, especially because she didn't give me any other sign to convince me otherwise. Turns out she has a boyfriend. But even when rejecting me, she was REALLY nice about it and even hugged me when she said farewell. This is actually great news, because after seeing that she didn't see my approach as too aggressive somehow, I am confident now that if we meet again, I can rest assured it won't be awkward (at least from my point of view).[/ltr]

[ltr]Goddamn, it's dances like these that give you a reason for L-I-F-E itself.  [/ltr]

[ltr]EDIT: WTF the forum is having a seisure or something, made a double post for no apparent reason :-/[/ltr] ((RobjEDIT: Fixed))
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:56 pm

I got into the GenCon art show!

This next year is shaping up to be super-busy. My first year doing an artist booth at a convention in a loooong time. Smile Can only hope I'm up to it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 pm

I've passed all of my units for this semester, without having to do any supplementary tests.

I also get to undertake a paid internship at one of the major teaching hospitals in Melbourne (2015 will be the year that'll either make it or break it for me, so I hope things work out  Neutral ) as part of a requirement to complete my final year at uni.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wisp Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:51 pm

Awesome, Hermit! 

(it's also great the internship is paid!)
The Wisp
The Wisp

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:54 pm

Whoo-hoo! Congrats, Hermit! Grin
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Joys and Good News - Page 5 Tumblr_n4e5kzqRzm1rwfctbo1_500

Lol, thanks guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:27 pm

Congrats, Hermit!
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:20 am

Thanks esselle, enail and reboot.

Last edited by HermitTheToad on Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:26 am

I'm late to the congrats party, I see! But super-congratulations, Hermit!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:12 am

And even later to the party, way to go Hermit!
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:31 am

Leaving for Hong Kong on Friday. Still bummed that I had to change my plans due to having my visa application denied for the mainland because I really wanted to see Shanghai. Ah well, at least I get to see my friends from Beijing for a few days and Hong Kong on my own should be fun for the rest of the trip.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:45 pm

reboot wrote:Leaving for Hong Kong on Friday. Still bummed that I had to change my plans due to having my visa application denied for the mainland because I really wanted to see Shanghai. Ah well, at least I get to see my friends from Beijing for a few days and Hong Kong on my own should be fun for the rest of the trip.

JELLY! I want to see Hong Kong! Sorry you won't be able to see Shanghai, but have an awesome time.  Grin

Made it through my first year as a PhD student with all A's. It's been... a trip. Still unsure if this is what I want to be doing, but at the VERY least I can tell myself I didn't burn out in year one. Wink
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:31 pm

I went to see Ian Anderson last night, playing the best of Jethro Tull. Lots of fun. His voice is fading, but he actually held up well and his humour and character kept the showing going strong. That and the amazing music. That also helped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 am

@reboot: Hong Kong sounds like a badass place, I hope you have a great time there :-)

Anyhoo, apparently I am about to get a DJ gig in my town really soon. A friend of mine contacted me and offered me to DJ at a new place downtown for a new "latin music" line she is trying to build. She chose me after I helped her once by volunteering to help with a mini party that she had but the other DJ that was supposed to be there bailed at the last moment.
She told me that the usual DJ at the place is even willing to teach me the ropes and basics of pro DJing for absolutely free. I am supposed to meet her tomorrow in order to arrange the little details about the gig. The first event is probably next week, so it will be a sort of "pilot" for both me as a DJ and the line in general.
What can I say, I'm excited. If everything goes well, I may have just found the student job of my dreams. I love music and Djing has been a small pastime of mine in recent months. Even if what they pay me in the end for every event is the equivalent of a pack of peanuts in my local grocery store, I'm happy for the oppertunity of working and getting payed for something I like doing anyway, at least for the meantime until I find a serious job in my field of studies (like the one I had during last summer).
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:09 am

One of the more amusing things about being an aunt is being able to inflict all sorts of annoying noises on my little sister. This year, my niece is getting a xylophone..and a kiddie tambourine...and a bell shaker thingie.

(Though, to soften the villainy, I'll admit that the child in question seems to enjoy and seek out music more than usual and that her parents are pretty tolerant of the racket this makes. Hmm. Maybe I need to find something that makes explosion noises instead.)
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:57 am

Sooo, am I a video professional yet? Am I pro when I get the check or what? Because I just inked my first freelance videographer gig, I can't really say with who or for how much. But I am very happy about the amount I'm getting for the job. :3

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:28 am

Congrats, Mikey!
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:13 am

The Mikey wrote:Sooo, am I a video professional yet? Am I pro when I get the check or what?

No son, you're just a baby now. Amateur-pro. Several years and you'll be a Pro-pro.

Also, congrats.

But I am very happy about the amount I'm getting for the job. :3

Joys and Good News - Page 5 Tumblr_mixpuyiz9t1qg01jso1_500

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:50 am

eselle28 wrote:Congrats, Mikey!

Yus thank you! :3

HermitTheToad wrote:
No son, you're just a baby now. Amateur-pro. Several years and you'll be a Pro-pro.

Also, congrats.

Well, I've been doing video stuff for about a year & half for my church, plus I was interning at a video place too, I just wasn't getting paid for any of that. ;D

HermitTheToad wrote:

Joys and Good News - Page 5 Tumblr_mixpuyiz9t1qg01jso1_500

Shiny/thrilled

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:19 pm

That's so cool, Mikey! Yay!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Enail wrote:That's so cool, Mikey! Yay!

Sankyou! :3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:46 am

I have a date tomorrow. I should be happy about it, but I'm really not. I absolutely despise dates and I'm only going on this one because that's what she wanted to do.

My entry into manhood is just as underwhelming as I expected it to be. I'd put this under rants, but this is a supposedly happy occassion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 20 ... 35  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum