NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

+29
The Mikey
DoubtfulGuest
Amygdala
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
eselle28
Jayce
HSavinien
litterature
KitKat
Fraulein42
BasedBuzzed
CP96
Chickpea Sarada
nearly_takuan
kath
caliseivy
WJMorris3
InkAndComb
Aggrax
reboot
The Wisp
Gentleman Johnny
UristMcBunny
ChrissyOrig
waxingjaney
Downvote
Gman
Enail
Robjection
33 posters

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:24 am

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to? The music rec thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: What are you listening to? The music rec thread.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:52 am

Know nothing about Tokyo Ghoul. This guy seems pretty beast though:

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:06 am

I adore this combo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kENppIOtPr8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:27 am

Why oh why didn't I become a drummer instead of a guitarist?

Oh right, because of guys like Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix.

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:10 pm

First, we had Finn Balor's theme, and it was glorious

And then Shinsuke Nakamura's theme, and it too was glorious

And then Bobby Roode debuts a few days ago, and his theme is LITERALLY GLORIOUS

bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Amygdala Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:48 pm

Suddenly remembered Undertale after months of forgetting it exists. So, you know.

Amygdala
Amygdala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:14 am

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:12 pm

Amygdala wrote:Suddenly remembered Undertale after months of forgetting it exists. So, you know.

Awesome! I've been meaning to play it for ages, looks like the OST is really great isn't it? Grin

Personally, since I'm finally doing all the stuff I wanted to do back when I was 16-19, I'm back to what I used to listen to back then. I'm really embarrassed to have stopped listening to bands like Orchid just because I thought the cool people on the internet would deem them "cringe-worthy".

litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Headphones

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Sometimes a good pop song is just a good pop song. And then sometimes as a bonus you get to visualize Peggy Hill going "HO YEAH" during the chorus of a good pop song.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:54 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:11 pm

Anderson Paak is so goddamn sassy.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:31 pm

Take a trip back to the early to mid 2000's to when I was 12 years old...

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 am

Have an uplifting and cool looking JoJo's Bizarre Adventure opening!

bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Hey litterature, last night I was listening to Pavement, and for some reason that thing you said upthread about New Order popped into my head and made me laugh, because it definitely covers Stephen Malkmus too:

litterature wrote: B. Sumner's singing is a bit pants sometimes but I think earnest is a good word to describe how it's like just a regular bloke singing but there's some tension in it so it ends up being quite touching somehow, and I really love that.

"A bit pants" is the funniest fucking Britishism ever and apparently really stuck in my brain, so thanks for that Laughing
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:44 am

Werel wrote:

Hey litterature, last night I was listening to Pavement, and for some reason that thing you said upthread about New Order popped into my head and made me laugh, because it definitely covers Stephen Malkmus too:

litterature wrote: B. Sumner's singing is a bit pants sometimes but I think earnest is a good word to describe how it's like just a regular bloke singing but there's some tension in it so it ends up being quite touching somehow, and I really love that.

"A bit pants" is the funniest fucking Britishism ever and apparently really stuck in my brain, so thanks for that Laughing

Ahahahaha, glad you liked that one! I really love that track! And yeah, Stephen Malkmus definitely has a place in the Pantstheon (uhh...) of earnest indie singing rofl
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:20 pm

So my emoness index has been steadily rising for a while, and I've now reached the point where I can relate to whiny indie rock. I'm ready to make an appearance as a less-than-secondary character in some Scott Pilgrim fanfic. A disgrace, really.

litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Hey sister, welcome to Emo Nation, 20 years late. We've been holding down the fort for you. Cool

Love it when you forget about an album for a few years and then remember it and get to listen to it semi-fresh. This Beach Boys vibe is so pleasant.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:56 am

There is an English version of uplifting JoJo theme Shiny/thrilled

bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:37 pm

It's kind of wrong, but I often prefer the covers of Leonard Cohen songs to the original.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:25 am

For obvious reasons:

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:48 pm

Full version of Drifters intro "Gospel of the Throttle" (what a fucking cool name, also it's in English for all you fucking normies people who think anime songs are for cringing)
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:19 pm

10-year-old throwback, still my very favorite recording of this song out of all the covers and remixes.

Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum