NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I look ridiculous.

5 posters

Go down

I look ridiculous. Empty I look ridiculous.

Post by WJMorris3 Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:30 pm

I will never understand the appeal of a suit and tie; I think they make me look ridiculous.

I look ridiculous. 17i1aYL
(For the record, I have a wedding to attend today, and as far as I am concerned, this is what I suspect I'm expected to wear.)

Back to top Go down

I look ridiculous. Empty Re: I look ridiculous.

Post by Conreezy Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:19 am

Are you asking for tips?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:23 am

I get the appeal.

I remember having to wear a suit n' tie for the first time for my sister's wedding earlier this year, and wishing that I looked better in it. I felt a lot better when it came to dinner, so I could just ditch the suit, tie and roll up my sleeves.

Enjoy the wedding, for what it's worth.

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Conreezy wrote:Are you asking for tips?
No tips needed; I've accepted suit and tie doesn't make me look good, although that can be said for a lot of clothes, given I'm naturally ugly.

Back to top Go down

Post by CP96 Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:20 pm

That suit looks too big for you. The jacket looks very baggy around the bottom and the trousers look both too long and too loose. I'd recommend taking it to a tailor to be altered for a closer fit.

You're not naturally ugly and a well-fitted suit makes almost everyone look better.
CP96
CP96

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:
No tips needed; I've accepted suit and tie doesn't make me look good, although that can be said for a lot of clothes, given I'm naturally ugly.

So what did you want? Following the advice in the post above mine will make you look less ridiculous, and, at the very least, closer to "good." There are other style tips I'm prepared to offer, if they're welcome, but if you've already made up your mind bout yourself and your appearance, why post the picture?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:22 pm

Well, for one, suits are supposed to be fitted; at least to make them look dope on whoever wears them. In your case, the pants are a little too baggy and jacket is too long for you.

However, since you aren't asking for tips, I'll just leave it at that. -shrug-

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:48 am

WJMorris3 wrote:

The pic is taken at an unflattering angle, what everybody else said about the suit, maybe also switch the tie to something a tad more neutral(light blue?) and your posture is stiff. 'Naturally' ugly is an external locus of control. Focus on what you can change, even if everybody disagrees with your self-assessment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:06 am

I'm pretty sure this thread was only intended as a bit of a vent. If he wanted 'advice', he'd ask for it.

Let's leave the critiquing for another thread, 'kay?

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:51 am

And another critique: use [vent] & [advice] so that this kind of confusion doesn't happen in the future.

Point taken.

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:29 pm

<mod>Folks, in the absence of tags or other indications of what the OP is looking for, I'd ask that everyone leave it for the mods to decide if the type of responses are okay or not.  OPs, it is helpful if you can give some sort of guidance as to what you're looking for when you post! </mod>
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum