NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

+43
Werel
Glides
Hielario
Datelessman
bomaye
Yoshiland
eselle28
Enail
HSavinien
ElizaJane
Amygdala
Conreezy
DragonEatsKnightCheckmate
Mara_
Izmuth
fakely mctest
Chickpea Sarada
Kiskadee
Barretts_Salt
waxingjaney
KitKat
BasedBuzzed
Xexyz
readertorider
CP96
jcorozza
InkAndComb
Aggrax
kath
Hirundo Bos
reboot
PintsizeBro
Caffeinated
reboundstudent
Robjection
caliseivy
nearly_takuan
sky
WJMorris3
BiSian
litterature
Wondering
Prajnaparamita
47 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 16 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Enail Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Good luck finding something, Werel!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Sad
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:26 pm

I wish job satisfaction/security wasn't so dependent on who your manager is.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:35 pm

I look back at my old PS4 versus Xbox One conversations and laugh a bit bitterly. A million phone calls with Sony later, and I'd let that stupid Xbox camera watch me all day if it meant that resetting my password didn't take days and inevitably outlast whatever console gaming urge I'd had.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:03 am

Twitter arguments are REALLY exhausting. Also, I'm generally a sweet and caring person (though I guess I've been pretty cold to you folks?) but I get violent against political opponents and now I feel embarrassed and disappointed in myself.
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Did you just pull a "you're not respecting my lived experience" when I said, "No, your cousin was not cured of diabetes with cinnamon and ginseng because that's not how it works, and no, I'm not going to try it to cure myself." Seriously? Seriously?!

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:30 pm

The limbo between shame-centered morality, utter relativism and annoyance at conviction-induced vulnerability is a sorry place to be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Amygdala Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Yeah, don't worry about the fact we haven't spoken in two years. DEFINITELY ask me if I want to work for your languishing small business, and DEFINITELY offer me some under-the-table coupons for your own product as compensation!
Amygdala
Amygdala

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:19 am

Why do I go out to dinner with my parents? Correction: Why do I go out to dinner with my father? Even on my birthday? Especially on my birthday? Is it really not enough that I had a terrible day at work today and that my apartment building flooded this evening, and has only just got the power back on? Does dinner really have to end with the server telling my ass of a dad not to put his hand in her face because he's unhappy with his food?
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:35 am

Ugh, Eselle, what a terrible day. Hope you have a great year to make up for the lousy birthday!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Could really do without all the slut-shaming of Melania Trump. There are plenty of things to criticize the Trump campaign and Trump for. Can we not pull his wife into it when it isn't directly related to the campaign, like her plagiarism was. And, oh, the horrors! A model posed nude back when she was a model!  Side-eye

Also, when you put the Trump campaign on the high ground, you're helping it, not hindering it.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:36 pm

Turning people down feels awful and I can't deal with the pressure at all.

Today this girl asks me if we can meet IRL tomorrow and I say yes, we make plans and a while later she mentions me in an open tweet asking whether I'm ok "making out with friends" (her words) because she wants to make sure. And I told her I am, but not with her if that's what she means since she's 17 years old and it'd be wrong to take advantage of her. Extremely awkward moment and I don't know how to comfort her since for starters I feel so embarrassed I'm not sure it's a good idea to go through with the plan. I feel really awful and want to run away. I'm super anxious about opening Twitter right now. I hope she's OK.

A few days ago I was having a smoke outside this small, quiet bar I always go to with a good friend of mine and this guy passes by, stops on his tracks and sort of tries to hit on me. He seemed nice enough so I didn't want to be rough, plus I was terrified he might realise I am trans, so I just stared at the pavement in silence with my body facing my friend, trying to hide my face as much as possible. Thankfully he didn't really insist too much and was respectful, but I am missing years of coping with what living as a woman entails so I really don't know how to handle this sort of thing.

I need help, because saying no to people I don't hate is something I've always struggled with, but it looks like I'm going to find myself in this situation often.
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Oh, Lit, that sucks. Sorry you're dealing with that stress.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:25 pm

I got up this morning to get into the shower. My mother calls me from inside her room as soon as I step out of mine, but because I'm swishing, the only response I can give is a sound of acknowledgement. She says, "Why didn't you tell me [my sibling]'s birthday was yesterday?"
It was good that she was in her room with the door closed and couldn't see my expression. What I wished I could've said was, "Maybe because it's not my responsibility?"
Obviously I didn't say anything because my mouth was full.
It's still irking me now because she was just calling my name like it was something urgent, doesn't say 'good morning' or anything, and is just accusatory, like I intentionally didn't tell her and made her forget. How was I supposed to know it hadn't occurred to you to contact them when I've been out at work all day? Why would I even be expected to keep up with something like that?
In the process of this situation, I managed to accidentally swallow some of the coconut oil I was swishing when I attempted to answer her accusation, then didn't get into the bathroom on time because while I'm caught between responding and being incredulous, my grandfather gets up and goes into the bathroom to get dressed. My whole getting dressed routine once again had to be shortened and corners had to be cut to make sure I got downstairs in time to leave.

She's probably moved on from the whole thing, because to her, what she said and the tone she said it in were acceptable, but for me it was a shit thing to say, especially when I can't respond appropriately.

(This is probably exacerbated by the fact that I've had to sit at the front desk and listen to the terrible ringing of an alarm in the foyer for over three hours now because facilities still won't come and fix it)
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:14 am

Sick and tired of being painted as the jackass because other people can't respect boundaries or behave like adults.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:46 am

It's recently come to light that certain of my friends had some gossip to share with each other during the year when I was feeling especially lonely. The year i joined the DNL forums. This comes as something of a surprise to me. Maybe partly because that's just what anyone's gut reaction would be to discovering that they've been the subject of a discussion they weren't part of, but also... I dunno, there's just an irritation in the back of my mind since this came up. A question that continues to nag me no matter how many perfectly rational answers I invent.

"Why didn't you help me?"
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Who the fuck smokes three cigarettes in a department store dressing room? There's a door to the blissful outdoors ten feet from there, and an alley traditionally used by underage people looking to get up to various sorts of naughtiness a block further away.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Really getting tired of people who always need to talk about how "oh, just you wait" or "my kid was worse!" when I vent about something parenting related on Facebook.

Yes, I'm sure 3-year-olds are worse than 2-year-olds. I am not talking about that. I am venting about my personal situation with my kid right now, and how I was expecting this but it is nonetheless frustrating. I don't need you to come in and negate everything I say or make it all about you. I wasn't asking for advice. And you're not even commiserating.

Multiple people do this. What is up with that? An "I remember that stage. Yeah, it's no fun." would be perfect if you need to comment at all instead of just clicking Like or whatever.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:51 pm

My research assistants got mugged on the way home from our farewell dinner... I feel double horrible because not only aah! how scary and awful for them!, but I don't even have the money to replace the stipends I'd just paid them as we parted. Really shit timing, you jerkass criminals. Sad
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:08 pm

"He's a good boy and he should have the chance to go to college" shouldn't be enough to get a white athlete only probation in a rape case. Nor is "She didn't protest, so I thought it was okay" a legitimate excuse. But it worked in Massachusetts.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:13 pm

I hate going to the dentist. I shake for an hour before and two hours after
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:59 am

I am, as always, tired of living in a world that doesn't want me in it.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:15 pm

You are a dear family friend and I care about you, but maybe be careful about throwing medical diagnoses around. (Note to self: you remember this too.) "Now your dad has Parkinson's, right?" No, he doesn't and as far as I know his hand tremors are classified as having an unknown cause, but damn if that didn't send me off on a few hours of internet research and worry that maybe my parents were not telling me something.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:32 am

How is it that some people don't understand that their actions affect other people? I mean, they genuinely can't seem to even grasp the concept. They actually seem to think "No, my actions affect me. Your actions affect you."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:21 am

To springboard off of the above comment:

Fuck me. Coming across the scum of the earth on the internet just makes the real world feel that much uglier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum