NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return of the Rants

Page 28 of 28 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28

Go down

Return of the Rants - Page 28 Empty Re: Return of the Rants

Post by Hirundo Bos on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:09 pm

That response was more than kind of out of line. Going out of her way to hurt someone she knows is in pain already, someone she has power over, not to mention that you've presumably shown her your vulnerable side in confidence, I'm pretty sure that's outside the job description of any therapist.

As for you, I know and admire you as anything but a piece of whatever, and being financially and mentally overwhelmed by a broken system in a plague year with all the other things going pn around you is not a failure, it's a normal human response.

Digital hugs, with hopes that things will be just a little bit easier ahead.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Werel likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:01 pm

So, in the first vaccine shipment, Ontario is receiving a little over three times the number of vaccines PEI is; Ontario's population is a little under 100 times that of PEI. I figured it wouldn't be distributed evenly by population, but this seems a little extreme. Neutral
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye on Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:30 pm

Rich old people in PEI. At least if the wealthy and powerful suddenly start turning into flesh-eating zombies, we'll know that maybe there's something wrong with the vaccine.
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:04 pm

Nah, it's not just that, it's disproportionate for all the provinces. Everything is population-skewed b/c if Ontario (or Toronto, for provincial stuff) gets even close to what's actually proportional it looks unfair. I'm on board with that to a certain degree because I think less populated regions do need power over their situations as much as more populous ones do, but it seems like it's getting increasingly extreme in ways I don't think are reasonable, and in the case of vaccines, if they keep going with this distribution pattern with later batches of vaccine, it'll legitimately cost lives because major population centres are where you get the highest number of people getting sick.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:55 am

So after about 11 months of Covid-19 adjournments, the eviction proceeding that my slumlord has filed against myself and my elderly, handicapped, chronically ill mother has been moved up to next week. I don't know if it will be a full trial or yet another "conference" but it could be the latter. Ironically, because the landlord filed it as a "nuisance" holdover eviction it is 100% immune to virtually all state and federal halts on evictions. We would literally have more options, protections, and recourse had we simply stopped paying rent for a year. Twitch

We live in a building which literally has 203 HPD violations, and in an apartment which has had black, toxic mold on the walls for at least 8-9 years, yet we're the nuisance. Of course we are; we complain to the city a lot! But it's rent controlled and we've been there since the 80's, so another $15,000 in annual income for the landlord is clearly worth the lives of two people.

It is a cruel irony to survive a pandemic (well, mostly; it isn't over yet) only to wind up homeless and dead on the street. But that's life in America.

The only good thing about this eviction drama -- the landlord has tried to evict us since 2018 and only briefly paused in 2019 due to a technical error -- is that it has whittled away a chunk of my anxiety about being a virgin. Seriously, who the bleep cares in comparison to dying on the street? What can a woman on a date do or say to me that is worse than what the landlord or a housing court judge do? Nothing. Which is a large reason why that as someone who was arguably clogging the main DNL forum with V-Card angst years ago, I haven't posted much here beyond fits and starts.

So if I vanish and anyone wonders what happened to me, well, this'll be why. Thanks for all the kind words over the years, especially Enail, who has the patience of a saint.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:51 pm

Good luck, Datelessman, all my fingers crossed for you!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by inbloomer on Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:08 am

Good luck also!

inbloomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content