NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by eselle28 Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:05 am

On a different subject, it's always nice to bond with loved ones over enjoyment of the same TV shows:

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 LFk66iy
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:08 pm

Why is it that I'm too stupid to feel the gravity of the situation I'm in until after bad shit happens? It's like I don't care anymore...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:44 am

Lol, the animation's funny:

Back to top Go down

Post by Izmuth Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:25 pm

They finally published a scientific paper I was interviewed for! Yay!

They had too few correspondents for it to be even remotely representative though. Booh.

Not helped by the fact that everyone who responded to the initial call for people willing to be interviewed were highly educated, so even less representative. Booooooh.

But still, there seems to be a high interest in the problems surrounding people like me also from our perspective, judging from the request for data for master thesises and such so yay?

But they all run in to the same problem that people are rightfully afraid of partaking in interviews, so they never obtain enough participants to make really significant conclusions. Booooh.

I'm also disappointed in reading how other people responded to the questionnaire, assuming they were recruited from the same forum as I was. Luckily a minority (something like 20%), but still, currently parsing some disappointed feels :/
Izmuth
Izmuth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed May 04, 2016 12:25 pm

You know you've been watching Project Runway too long when you hear about Emma Watson's dress for the Met gala being made out of plastic bottles and what you imagine is plastic bottles, hung on twine, strung around her body in the shape of a dress. But what she really wore is this:

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 Met-gala-2016-emma-watson-lead-620x413

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed May 04, 2016 7:06 pm

Zynga is now worth less as a company than the building they occupy.

I wonder, have they asked any of their friends for help improving their net worth?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed May 04, 2016 11:00 pm

“I’m not sure what’s more ridiculous now: the outrageous prices of the SF housing market or the idea that anyone still enjoys playing Farmville.”

I enjoyed Farmville quite a lot, back when it first came out. Before they changed it so that you basically had to be a hardcore Farmville gamer to get anything out of it. It was a lot of fun to plant crops when I got to work in the morning, harvest them at lunch, and set up another batch for later in the day. I enjoyed getting mastery level at each crop. But then they started making the game so you had to check it constantly.

I miss early Farmville. And I liked the song. Smile

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Thu May 05, 2016 7:31 am

I wonder if any of the prehistoric dinosaurs could have learned to mimic human speech.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Thought I had excellent bladder control.

Guess I was wrong -_-"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 07, 2016 12:45 pm

David Attenborough turns 90 today.

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Sat May 07, 2016 11:47 pm

HermitTheToad wrote:David Attenborough turns 90 today.

And he was filming a documentary at the Great Barrier Reef just last fall! And he was involved in more projects last year than many popular movie stars! I was always grateful to him for inspiring me to love nature, but I also admire the man's work ethic.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 08, 2016 12:36 pm

WJMorris3 wrote:Zynga is now worth less as a company than the building they occupy.

I wonder, have they asked any of their friends for help improving their net worth?

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Mon May 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Thoughts while at the eye doctor today.

While waiting in the check-in line:
Dude. Back up two steps. You are standing way too close. I can literally feel you breathing on me. Back up, personal space violater!

While waiting in the dilation area:
Hey, dude, that mom doesn't want to talk to you. You're not funny like you think you are. You're not excused because you're old. You're taking advantage of her trapped nature while she sits here waiting for her 8 year old to come back. You're trying to take advantage of that highly abused "respect your elders" thing. She is doing stereotypical, leave-me-alone "mm-hmm" responses while angled away from you and reading her phone while watching for her son. It's not her job to entertain you because you're bored. FFS.

Both of these were old (60s-70s), white men.

ETA: I was driving out of the parking lot behind the second guy. He was turning left, without any turn signal on. Typical obliviousness to common courtesy.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2016 11:38 am

Only two direwolves left...

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri May 13, 2016 12:47 am

If rolling stones are supposed to gather no moss, why does moving around this much make me feel so heavy instead of light?
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Fri May 13, 2016 4:15 pm

Random encounter this morning with the fanciest motherfucking pigeon I've ever seen in my life. Where did it get those feet. This is too fancy to just be some wild pigeon. THOSE FEET Run in circles flail

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 TcO4Q6s

UPDATE: Feetpigeon still hanging out at food court, now enjoying watching OTHER people marvel at/take photos of Feetpigeon
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri May 13, 2016 11:37 pm

Feetpigeon is very fancy indeed! Feral pigeons are descended from domestic ones and I think regularly breed with them, so this might just be a marvel of recessive genes! Either way, Lovestruck .
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by caliseivy Fri May 13, 2016 11:49 pm

That's a fly-ass pigeon.

Guess tassels are back in style then.
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ Sat May 14, 2016 8:47 pm

If you listen to all of Enrique Iglesias' albums in order they're like an opera version of Faust and Pitbull is the devil.
Mara_
Mara_

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Tue May 17, 2016 3:20 pm

I was not expecting my 21-month-old to ask me what her privates are called. I suppose I should have been, though, since she's in a phase where she's pointing to other body parts and saying or asking what they're called. First of many unprepared mom-moments, I'm sure.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Thu May 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Uh, hey there, Store. I can't say I mind that you're trying to play fresher Muzak rather than 20-year-old soft rock Muzak, especially given that I have to listen to this shit all day, but "I Took a Pill in Ibiza" is maybe not a great choice for department store listening if any of the customers ever bother to pay attention to the lyrics.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 22, 2016 9:09 am

Summer No

Leaf Crying

Wylis Crying

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2016 10:23 am

Man, if I had a wolf he/she'll be called...Bucky.

Also, I'm glad I didn't watch X-men: Apocalypse at the movies.

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Sat May 28, 2016 11:08 am

I immensely enjoy midnight train rides. Returned from a concert and I got roped into a discussion on what to Whatsapp a dude in order to get him to do the booty call at a dudette's place instead of the other way around, and some of the horrible lines I suggested were actually used.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:37 pm

There are just so many reasons to love and/or lol at this photo, but I'm gonna choose to love it because I'm imagining that M'Lady Fedora is actually this girl's dream husbando.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 13 Img_1110
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum