NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Werel wrote:There are just so many reasons to love and/or lol at this photo, but I'm gonna choose to love it because I'm imagining that M'Lady Fedora is actually this girl's dream husbando.

No words, just sweet sweet irony. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 14 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by caliseivy Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:28 pm

I can't believe someone actually made that
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Successfully argued with a property manager until she caved and let us do the things our paperwork said we'd done before signing instead of after. Possibly saved us some grief since it turned out the refrigerator had a broken shelf and the kitchen has an ant problem already. My name is not yet on a contract stating that I've verified the property is totally free of insects. Was super close to writing about this in "Joys", but then the fact that this was only possible after investing a significant amount of energy and anger, plus taking several hours off work, just makes me really sad. Guess it's a mixed bag.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Guy at the bar to his friend (at high volume, possibly directed at my all-female group, the only such one in the bar): "Man, this town fucking sucks. All the girls here are complete hos, and the ones who have a bit of class are all stuck up bitches."

I suspect he might find women less stuck up if he didn't call them bitches and hos. It would probably also help to not be wearing  a Confederate flag tank top.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:40 am

What's that? He didn't shame one of you into talking to him with his shotgun approach to negging? Wink

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:25 pm

Best advice I've ever been given for tackling an overwhelming writing project: ten sentences a day. Just make yourself write ten sentences a day. It sounds so supremely feasible that it's impossible to psych yourself out over it, and those ten sentences (~half a page) add up. Thanks, advice-giving friend, you broke me out of my days-long cycle of stare-at-blank-page-and-have-panic-attack.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Werel wrote:Best advice I've ever been given for tackling an overwhelming writing project: ten sentences a day. Just make yourself write ten sentences a day. It sounds so supremely feasible that it's impossible to psych yourself out over it, and those ten sentences (~half a page) add up. Thanks, advice-giving friend, you broke me out of my days-long cycle of stare-at-blank-page-and-have-panic-attack.

i'm writing this one down!
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:03 pm

>mfw I realize I've been late for work for the last three or so Saturdays
Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 14 LK2N4St

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 pm

claire's-core punk or something
my eye:
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:53 pm

The purple bangs with the gold eyeshadow is mad Clairescore cute. Shiny/thrilled

Edit: wait that's mascara, yeah, I totally know the makeup words (whatever it's called, looks sweet Razz)

Last edited by Werel on Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:55 pm

That looks amazing, and I'm super jealous.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Thank you! Shiny/thrilled
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:28 pm

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci37374687#general

I layed down in my bed to rest my eyes, but then I fell asleep and was rudely awakened by the earth. Uh, rude.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:48 am

Hockey season once again ends with the proudest and most sacred of all sports traditions: the booing of Gary Bettman

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:05 am

tomoyo syndrome is hitting me with full force and I actually need a bit of help
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:41 pm

Came back from supermarket for energy drink run and was just in time to see the aftermath of a driveby shooting with a dude bleeding out on the ground. Police came in within a few moments and shut off the road so I politely buzzed off. Looking it up later and turns it was done with an automatic gun (Dutch press knows even less about gun terminology).

Had me a bit frazzled, but turns out this is not that uncommon especially concerning drug nonsense and we have about one shooting incident in the municipality a year. Weird how this isn't making me more frightened but instead calms me down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Jeeeesus, BB, glad you got back after the shooting. Neutral
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by litterature Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:19 am

I hope you're ok, BB! D:
litterature
litterature

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Sorry if I got anyone concerned about my (mental) well-being, but I chronically work to consider everything blasé and biking past the place a day later didn't really bring about any new emotions at all, so I'm fine. Backstory to the murder (dude died in the hospital) is fascinating, since apparently the guy had been the target of two other attacks beforehand (one which targeted someone who really looked like him). Police are clueless as to the possible perps, guy was pretty monied apparently so white collar crime seems more likely than my initial drug guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:32 am

I went to my local office supplies shop today, and they to my amazement they were actually playing a song I really like. I don't think that's happened to me while shopping in years. Can they teach my supermarket how to do that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:34 pm

Wondering why I hadn't seen any updates from a particular Facebook friend in months. Realized I unfollowed him in December so I wouldn't get spoiled for Star Wars since I knew he'd post about it, and forgot to follow him again. Oops.

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:09 pm

This is always good for a laugh and a cry (the wording and political implications, not the dude with the badbrains): http://sftn.tumblr.com/post/146214248743 (warning: contains the sort of cringey second-wave nonsense that completely recycles gender essentialism under the banner of liberation)

The sort of mindset the dude displays is horrifying because it's so defeatist and powerless, and therefore politically useless. "Let me analyze the thousands of ways all actions I take can be constructed as fragility/entitlement/control issues/etcetera." Who wins any hearts with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:40 pm

Hey, brain! I know we're usually wearing a messenger bag on the moped, and that strap feels like a seatbelt, but it isn't one! When I ride the moped without the bag, there is just no need to keep sending me "YOU FORGOT YOUR SEATBELT" nerve messages! You silly goof!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:04 pm

When you leave a friendly interaction with a stranger going "wait, was he hitting on me?" and then five minutes later, the dude pulls up alongside you in the back of a taxi while you're both driving 40mph, shouting "CAN I PLEASE HAVE YOUR NUMBER??" out the window.

Points for tenacity I guess, and thanks for clearing up my question, but that is not good road safety Uh-oh

(Sorry for doubleposting, which always feels oddly impolite, like speaking out of turn Laughing)
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:10 pm

I just pressure washed the driveway. AMA.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 14 Tumblr_m9xudtCtrU1rf9rzko1_250
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum