NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thoughts: The Randoming

+34
bomaye
Hielario
Hirundo Bos
The Mikey
G minor
Yoshiland
Amygdala
Aggrax
Izmuth
Mara_
Prajnaparamita
Mme. Lara
Conreezy
WJMorris3
Jayce
BasedBuzzed
Barretts_Salt
Xexyz
sky
Caffeinated
KMR
caliseivy
kath
litterature
Gentleman Johnny
Robjection
waxingjaney
readertorider
PintsizeBro
Wondering
The Wisp
eselle28
reboot
nearly_takuan
38 posters

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by caliseivy Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

The pattern on my headband looks like mini versions of the ghosts from Gauntlet (NES)
caliseivy
caliseivy

Back to top Go down

Random Thoughts: The Randoming - Page 21 Empty Re: Random Thoughts: The Randoming

Post by eselle28 Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:48 pm

[A three-year-old holds a princess duplo]
Niece: Waaaa! The baby needs to go to bed! Waaa!
Aunt: Should we help her? Who helps?
Niece: Mommy!
[Niece hands Aunt a toy that might be Pixie from X-Men, but might be someone else, and goes over the details of putting a baby to bed in great detail.]

Niece: Waaaa! The baby needs to go to bed! Waaa!
Aunt: Mommy is here!
Niece: No, daddy puts her to bed.
Aunt: Where is daddy?
[Niece hands Aunt a Joker toy.]
Aunt: Uh...okay.

That day, the Joker helped the baby brush her teeth and change into her pajamas, but I sense that this fan fic will not end well.
eselle28
eselle28
General Oversight Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:19 am

He might discover a caring streak because the baby actually laughs at his jokes?

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:18 am

BasedBuzzed wrote:He might discover a caring streak because the baby actually laughs at his jokes?

This is almost, but not quite, the worst idea for a fanfic ever, but I commend your effort in the pursuit if bad fanficness. To reach the next level, the baby needs different-colored eyes and super-powers.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:51 pm

Thanks for these three and a half years, Honolulu, most beautiful and most difficult place I've ever lived. There are lots of things I won't miss, but top five things I will:

1. The constant presence of the Koʻolau ridge and the gentle shelter of its valleys. Especially Nuʻuanu, my home for most of this time.

2. The mynah birds and green parrots. Sassy bastards.

3. The world looking like the color saturation on everything is turned up to 110% all the time, especially with all the rainbows.

4. No-ethnic-majority melting pot with one million different languages on signs. (Won't miss haole stigma but glad I had the experience.)

5. A long list of foods including malasadas, 7/11 musubi, limu poke, and backyard mangoes.

Aloha nui, Oʻahu. A hui hou. See you soon, Turtle Island, my real home. Heart
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by waxingjaney Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:54 pm

It is by 'nip alone that I set my cat in motion.
The cat acquires speed;
the speed acquires claws;
the claws become a warning.
It is by 'nip alone that I set my cat in motion.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:21 pm

Got a match on Tinder that mentioned an interest in the 1920's, and one ting led to another, and now you're making plans for a test ride in your time machine.

You know you have Asperger's syndrome when a small part of you worries she'll be disappointed when she learns you don't actually own a time machine.

UPDATE: We're planning to meet for a cup of coffee this tuesday. Looks like I've managed to learn something from the improv-for-beginners class I took last weekend.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

http://abouthirundo.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:14 pm

Went shooting with country family today and got hit with ricochet, right in the stomach. Drew blood. Most gangster day of my life. Cool
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:37 pm

I know Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day/Werewolf Day has been and gone for this year, but I still like this alternative to Cupid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm so continually sleep-deprived I don't even know what's what anymore. It's possible I might fail that "how many fingers am I holding up" test. Sad

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by eselle28 Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:42 am

A guy in an MMO keeps playing his flute at me. His literal (well, literal digital) flute. I sort of wish The Toast was still up so I could add a screenshot to the comments of some art history post.
eselle28
eselle28

Back to top Go down

Post by Wondering Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:59 pm

Looking to find a lawyer for our will/estate planning/child's guardianship. Srs grown-up things.

Neutral

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Good final words of a recipe in an old book: "You will like this."
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by WJMorris3 Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Note to self: when someone tells you that "scientific studies have shown that unvaccinated children are less likely to be autistic", resist the urge to respond with "Yeah, that's because they're more likely to be dead."

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:17 am

An Aunt and Uncle left me house-sitting with their cat. Someone let me stay in their house with a live creature and expect all us to be alive when they come back Uh-oh
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Today I saw a dead pigeon being eaten by a seagull.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Water birds are mother fuckers.

No animals and humans were harmed in my usage of the laundering machine today, though one sock did apparently go missing
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:30 pm

H-how do those two sentences go together??
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bomaye Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:49 pm

They don't, the first one was just a response to Hirundo watching a seagull commit cannibalism <.<
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Oh, whew! (It jumped to the new post so I didn't see it in context.)
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hirundo Bos Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Meanwhile in Norwegian media: A rock formation shaped like an erect penis is discovered. Everybody very excited. Local authorities envisions penis rock as big tourist attraction. Then under cover of night, oenis rock is vandalized. Local authorities very sad. Can't understand why anyone would do something like that. But luckily, it now looks like penis rock can be restored to former glory. Local authorities hopeful.
Hirundo Bos
Hirundo Bos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:25 pm

Robjection wrote:Say you have a hypothetical planet where the surface of the northern hemisphere is entirely land while the surface of the southern hemisphere is entirely water. Does the planet consist of one massive ocean with a huge island in it or one massive continent with a huge lake in it?

If it is exactly 100% the same mass (which I bet it was according to your question) it changes depending on where you are. When you're on land, you're by a lake. When you're on the water, you're by an island.
Mara_
Mara_

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:34 pm

Wondering wrote:I read a mass market romance novel with no sex scenes. The heroine and hero had sex, twice, but the scenes were just skipped over completely.

It was such a jarringly odd tone shift for a romance novel.

Ewwww. What's the point.
Mara_
Mara_

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Hirundo Bos wrote:Today I saw a dead pigeon being eaten by a seagull.

Not to one-up you but to make you feel less alone in your horror, I once saw two pigeons fighting to take turns to rape the corpse of a third one.
Mara_
Mara_

Back to top Go down

Post by Mara_ Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:43 pm

Hirundo Bos wrote:Got a match on Tinder that mentioned an interest in the 1920's, and one ting led to another, and now you're making plans for a test ride in your time machine.

You know you have Asperger's syndrome when a small part of you worries she'll be disappointed when she learns you don't actually own a time machine.

UPDATE: We're planning to meet for a cup of coffee this tuesday. Looks like I've managed to learn something from the improv-for-beginners class I took last weekend.

So how did it go??
Mara_
Mara_

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 27 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum