Long introduction - Is it too late?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Long introduction - Is it too late?

Post by Enail on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Glad you're getting help with that, it sounds tough!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thebeardeddragon on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Essentially, stress and other life events trigger me to go on lengthy binges of eating the worst food possible in unhealthy quantities, essentially stuffing myself until I almost burst.

Weird thing is I feel a weight has been lifted off my shoulders knowing this, that finally this problem I've had with food for years is a thing that can decoded, broken down and solved.

The downside is as having just started treatment, need to remove all possible triggers until we can narrow down the specifics and figure out how I can process them in a healthy way. As dating/socializing is and has always been stress full I have to step back from it, basically one rejection or flaked date could send me downhill and fast.
thebeardeddragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail on Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:12 pm

Sounds like it's for the best to step back from it, then, and like working on this will make dating and socializing easier in the long run, too. And I don't think it's weird at all to feel better having a way to make sense of something that you've been struggling with!
Enail
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 pm

The first step in recovery is learning there's a problem. I'm glad you have the courage to seek therapy and the determination to see it through. Neither are easy. It's fine to focus on making yourself as healthy and happy as possible. Good luck with everything, Dragon. You can do this.
Datelessman

View user profile https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by thebeardeddragon on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:40 pm

Popping my head back in to say it's progressing. This is one of the most intense things I've ever done, a lot of dark areas of my psyche are getting explored and brought to the surface and examined. I've had 2 relapses and binged heavy but the binge episodes are much more spaced out than before. One small mental victory was 2 days on my morning run, I wore a compression layer. Does not sound like much but is major for me, for years I wore the biggest and baggiest clothes in public as shame and hate of my body was so intense so for me to be willing to be seen outside in form fitting clothes is a big step.
thebeardeddragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 pm

thebeardeddragon wrote:Popping my head back in to say it's progressing. This is one of the most intense things I've ever done, a lot of dark areas of my psyche are getting explored and brought to the surface and examined. I've had 2 relapses and binged heavy but the binge episodes are much more spaced out than before. One small mental victory was 2 days on my morning run, I wore a compression layer. Does not sound like much but is major for me, for years I wore the biggest and baggiest clothes in public as shame and hate of my body was so intense so for me to be willing to be seen outside in form fitting clothes is a big step.

We all take big steps in our own ways, in relative terms. Good on you for slowly beginning to accept your body.
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebeardeddragon on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Just checking in. Recovery progresses been in therapy since February and it's helped tremendously. One bit of good news is looks like I might be getting a full time job and doing my last year of college part time. This will be major as I can move out of my folks place and gets rid of the shame when I socialize when people ask me where I stay.
thebeardeddragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:28 pm

That's awesome, congrats on the progress! Hope it all keeps coming together for you.
Werel
Moderator of "Meeting People and Dating Advice"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:23 pm

Great news! I hope things continue to go well for you!
Datelessman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum