NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something that confuses me about Tinder.

2 posters

Go down

Something that confuses me about Tinder.  Empty Something that confuses me about Tinder.

Post by Hielario Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:50 pm

So, reading ReploidArmada's thread, he reminded me of my time using Tinder, and a question has coalesced in my mind about how others act in that app.

So, in Tinder, people "like" other people's profiles because they find them at least a bit attractive, right? And, when there's a "match", it's because two people have found each other attractive.  

Then, why is it so common that, after matching with someone, said someone barely speaks or doesn't even answer? I get that people can lose interest after talking for a while and seeing how the other one is as a whole person, but how does someone lose the initial attraction for a person if nothing has happened that could change their perception?

I mean, I could assume that people just "like" others willy-nilly without being really attracted to them in the slightest, or that they're treating the app as a mere pastime and they don't really want to meet anyone, but those sound like bad things to assume of people in general. Shudder

Or is it that the initial attraction, for other people, is a very fleeting feeling and just goes away without a reason? That doesn't happen to me, but it could be one of those things in which I am different from the regular person.

(Also, I know sometimes people get distracted by other thing or are already talking to someone else, but why don't they just come back later, then? Is it considered awkward or something?)

scratch scratch scratch
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Something that confuses me about Tinder.  Empty Re: Something that confuses me about Tinder.

Post by Enail Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:27 pm

I haven't used Tinder myself, but from what I've heard, it sounds like it's pretty common to like fairly broadly but then to adjust how selective they are in messaging/trying to meet at any given time based on how busy they are or how much they feel like it.

My (uninformed) impression is also that many people "like" the people they could see being interested in, as in there's potential, but that only means those are people they could be interested in, and they only actually want to engage further with people whose first/early messages catch their interest or who they hit it off with in the first few messages. Using likes to set the range of people they'd be up for hearing from, but they're only deciding who they're interested in based on what they hear from them.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Something that confuses me about Tinder.  Empty Re: Something that confuses me about Tinder.

Post by Hielario Thu May 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Hmmm, well, that settles it. I'm getting out of Tinder. Thank you for your answer, it makes a lot of sense :/
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum