NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's something weird that bothers you?

+4
Enail
KMR
bomaye
Bootlebat
8 posters

Go down

What's something weird that bothers you? Empty What's something weird that bothers you?

Post by Bootlebat Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:47 pm

For me it's when sci-fi works use solar system and galaxy interchangebly. There's a HUGE difference!

Bootlebat

Back to top Go down

What's something weird that bothers you? Empty Re: What's something weird that bothers you?

Post by bomaye Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:57 pm

When the backstage interviewers in pro wrestling don't kick it back to the front desk like real sports interviewers do, they just have them stand there and maybe watch the person leave and then change the shot to the front desk. Small details!
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

What's something weird that bothers you? Empty Re: What's something weird that bothers you?

Post by KMR Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:04 am

At one point, I made an effort to learn the difference between "lie" and "lay" and I kind of regret it, because pretty much everyone says "lay" when it should be "lie" and now it bugs me every time I hear it.

I get irrationally angry any time I have to deal with tangled wires.
KMR
KMR

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:50 am

Words imported from other languages that some people pronounce in a more anglicized way and some people pronounce more like in the original language (eg. deja vu), I never know which to do and both sound weird when I try them and I kind of start resenting them for not picking a side for me.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:32 pm

When people call apes "monkeys". Like, sure, nonhuman primates are nonhuman primates, but at least give those poor guys the courtesy of calling them apes.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robjection Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:32 pm

When music that is supposed to loop does not loop seamlessly. I'm OK with something like fading out at the end, but when it's an abrupt pause in the audio or something similar, that just irks me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Orca Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:07 am

I don't like how people call portable toilets. I was looking for one for my camping site and before I found a sanitaryreview blog I learned how people call those. Some of these are really weird: Porta-loo, porta-poo, porta-potty and even Jon. Yuck! The last one makes me feel sorry for everyone called Jon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Epagomenal Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:12 pm

I don't know if it is weird but brown mattresses really bothers me. It is not like I don't like the brown color, I just can't explain it.

Epagomenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum