NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batwoman

2 posters

Go down

Batwoman Empty Batwoman

Post by bomaye Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:00 am

Gonna try Batwoman tomorrow to see if it's worth keeping up on. I don't have high hopes because CW's got a very familiar formula now (someone becomes superhero, they have a gang of kooky friends who help them out and at least one of them is a mega-nerd scientist/hacker who can do everything and at least another is a melodramatic love interest, they have a convenient secret base or organization from which to operate out of, there's monsters-of-the-week to go along with a larger season-villain, and fuck I just described like half of the basic Batman set-up) buuuut we'll see if they do anything interesting with it

Check on all counts. They kind of reworked some elements of Arrow. I like the aesthetic, I like who they've got playing Batwoman and how she portrays the character. The villain situation is goofy as fuck (kind of the downside of the Batman mythos is that a lot of writers can't help themselves and always go goofy).

(I did read Batwoman comics in the early and mid '00s so her being a lesbian is not really new/interesting ground for me, and they already did a lot of the stock-lesbian CW storylines with another character in Supergirl)

Eyyyyy, there's one lesbian storyline they haven't done yet and this is actually somewhat new territory for these CW shows

Spoiler:

I'll rock with it for a few more episodes
bomaye
bomaye

Back to top Go down

Batwoman Empty Re: Batwoman

Post by Enail Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm

I definitely want to check this out, but I tend to take a long time to get around to things that aren't on regular tv, so might be a while (same with Picard). It's cool to see an actual butch-ish lesbian character, that's weirdly rare, and I've enjoyed the Batwoman comics I've read.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum