NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I ask my crush out..or give up?

3 posters

Go down

Should I ask my crush out..or give up? Empty Should I ask my crush out..or give up?

Post by bitboy1993 Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:42 am

So I've developed a bit of a crush on someone who I work with. We work in a huge hospital so I only really see her maybe once a day but over time we develop a level of friendship over time and we have talked quite a bit over Facebook. The thing is I've not actually seen her since November as she's been off since then with sickness but is coming back next Monday.

While she was off me and her did start to talk a lot more on facebook. I would say everyday for over two weeks and I did even ask her if she like to go out for Japanese when she's better which she did say yes. We also spoke quite a bit over christmas with her wishing me a happy christmas and we ended up exchanging switch friend codes. The last time we really talked was Sunday which she seemed to really enjoy(Replied a lot, seemed to laugh a lot)
However the last few days she's been really distant and at least to me seems to have lost interest....Of course I'm not 100% sure but she takes ages to reply(This did happen at times during the two weeks)and in general seems distant. I know shes more or less better as she went out with friends for new year. Currently she's left me on read after I accidentally rang her when trying to open anther chat(I did send her a quick message to say sorry). However being left on read feels to me like it's a big sign she's not interested. I know she was dealing with one of her friends being really upset but overall I've basically lost most hope and not sure what to do now.

II guess my question is do you think it's worth me asking her out or just try to move on?
Honestly feel like a idiot for possibly reading this much into it

bitboy1993

Back to top Go down

Should I ask my crush out..or give up? Empty Re: Should I ask my crush out..or give up?

Post by bitboy1993 Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:14 pm

So I'm still unsure what I will do on Monday if she is back....she's still not really messaged me and not made any reply to a link I sent her on facebook. Tbh I think she's just gently trying to show she's not interested but I just hope Monday is not to awkward. I'm feeling bit down about it but I think I will wait to see how she is before I decide what to do.

bitboy1993

Back to top Go down

Should I ask my crush out..or give up? Empty Re: Should I ask my crush out..or give up?

Post by inbloomer Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:17 pm

I really don't feel qualified to advise a course of action directly, though in my experience gut instinct is generally accurate. At least, if someone has gone cold and distant, relations might improve again in future but it's really up to them to put out the olive branch.

inbloomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Yeah, I'd say unless she makes an effort to rekindle your friendship, it's probably best to accept a lull in your interactions for a while and not try to take it further. If you can remain friendly while not pushing for details on what she's feeling/the state of your relations (cause you're just work friendquaintances at the moment), just try to let things remain light and uncomplicated between you, and if someday she's feeling it, she'll have the option to resume closer contact. In the meantime, take care of yourself and maybe consider spending time away from the parts of work you share, if that's an option. Unrequited crushes suck, but they generally do not last forever!
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by bitboy1993 Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:44 pm

Funny enough I bumped into her at work yesterday...someone called out to me down the hall and it was her. we ended up talking for only little as her Mum was waiting to pick her up but we did have a catch up about stuff. She had come in for a meeting but I've found out she's not back for a month as she needs to have a small op. I did mention going for Japanese and she said was up for it when shes back after recovering. Otherwise we do talk a little more but certainly not same as before. But was nice to know she does not feel awkward around me in person.

Your probs right for now I'm just spending more time at the gym and stuff to try clear my head. I do have some plans for January but dealing with some friendship problems but I will get through it. No matter what if we can be friends at end of it would be cool but see what happens I guess.

bitboy1993

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum