NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

covid

4 posters

Go down

covid Empty covid

Post by Glides Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:28 pm

tested positive. woooooo.

i wasn't irresponsible. i took every precaution. it took my gallbladder abruptly shutting down and a hospital visit to finally do me in. probably karma for all the temper tantrums i had on this forum.

so yeah going from emergency surgery to covid diagnosis within less than a week is a hell of a thing. especially because, as i said, i haven't been even slightly irresponsible. my mother also has covid. her case has been mild. they say the reaction is similar in families so i'm hoping that means it's mild for me too. i wore a mask religiously so i hope that helps even more.

fuckity fuck.

Glides

Back to top Go down

covid Empty Re: covid

Post by Enail Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:48 pm

Oh jeez, that sucks. I'm so sorry you had to have surgery and everything! Wishing you an extremely mild case and an easy recovery.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 am

I am so sorry to hear this! As you haven't gone through enough in your life. Crying

Follow the doctor's orders and I wish you a quick and full recovery!
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:54 pm

Enail wrote:Oh jeez, that sucks. I'm so sorry you had to have surgery and everything! Wishing you an extremely mild case and an easy recovery.

Datelessman wrote:I am so sorry to hear this! As you haven't gone through enough in your life. Crying

Follow the doctor's orders and I wish you a quick and full recovery!

current symptoms have been fever, headache, chills, cough, the ush. i was coughing up blood last weekend so this is a MASSIVE improvement. and this is apparently what the mild case is like. fuck this.

only consolation is that so far none of my jobs have canned me over this since i'm sure they're scared of the rep they'd get for firing a covid positive person who is already immunocompromised. ironically i was in a tiff with my teaching job over them having no restrictions at all but they were such dicks to me about mask mandates that i'm probably going to quit anyway even though they were my highest paying job. i was scared i'd catch covid at work but that didn't even happen. silver linings.

i've applied to way more places since, though i'm being told that i have an excuse to be a lazy shit given that this apparently fluctuates between getting better and worse, so uh, we'll hope it trends better! and to think i needed an organ removed before catching it.

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:01 pm

Oh my goodness. Let's hope you recover well. I wish you the best of luck!
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:48 am

so i'm out of quarantine at least.

single again, about to permanently lose the teaching job because they're STILL refusing to endorse any mask mandates (and many in admin are outright saying covid is just being exaggerated, that it's "just the flu").

mental health is in the absolute shitter after a month of near constant isolation. my current therapist has become totally useless and spouting out folksy aphorisms. i'm thinking of just quitting therapy and saving the money. at this point, i have reached the limit of my recovery. passive suicidal ideation is the move.

don't let the old saying fool you: there is no such thing as rock bottom.

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Glad you got through the Covid! Sorry your job is insane and the isolation is so bad. Try and remember this isn't going to be forever. I'd strongly suggest looking for a new therapist rather than quitting therapy altogether.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:25 am

I am glad you're on the mend, health wise. It stinks that your job is so backward. I won't make any stereotypical comments since I live in NY, the epicenter for a while in the U.S. and there are some jobs and places here which are being backward about this, so ignorance is truly universal.

I'd also suggest that you find a new therapist rather than ditch it entirely, but I know if finances are that dire that it could be something to do without in the short term. I know what it's like to be broke.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Glides Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:16 pm

At this point my strategy is less about keeping the job (I almost certainly won't) and more about getting it in writing that they knew I had severe medical complications, had emergency surgery, then contracted a case of covid at the hospital so severe it kept me out of commission for an entire month and STILL canned my ass.

I'm not interested in a lawsuit, I just plan to have it be known so I can get a job somewhere else to understand they intentionally violated the ADA for their precious tuition.

I've got a few potential things lined up and I've been working a contract for a local museum I used to intern at a few years ago, so I'm not totally hopeless. It just sucks that I have to do all of this on top of everything else knowing I won't be paid what I'm owed.

Glides

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:36 pm

Smart job getting the evidence in writing, I hope it's helpful (and they would 100% deserve a lawsuit if you did want/manage to go that route). Glad you've got some options lined up! You might want to get in touch with your state's department of labour to file a wage complaint for your pay owed, supposedly they can help with that kind of thing, though I think it varies from state to state (most things seem to).
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum