NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I ATENT DED

3 posters

Go down

I ATENT DED Empty I ATENT DED

Post by Hielario Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:41 pm

Hello everybody. As the title said, I'm not dead, so don't worry about me.

Around the time of my previous posts I had restarted medication for my attention deficit problem, and one secondary effect of those is that I tend to obsess about things: everytime I posted in here or thought about the matter, it would send me into a tizzy for the rest of the day and I realized that it was neither good nor healthy, so I stopped visiting this place for my own good. I've stopped arguing in Twitter too and I tread lightly at Discord since I got banned from my favorite channel.

I'm more or less okay: I've spent these months trying to refocus on my studies after the fallout of my ailing relative's death and getting more involved with the political party I belong to. I have even taken a couple of long-distance trips to attend party events. They're great, although not as much for meeting single women; the demographics are skewed towards men for reasons I don't understand🤷 .  

On the other side my sexual circumstances are in their way to getting even worse: Just when the pandemic and personal circumstances had calmed enough for me to consider visiting more prostitutes (I've only done it once and it was less than a month before lockdown), my country's otherwise pretty great left-wing government coalition decided  to try and "abolish prostitution"  Angry They're trying to eliminate the current "neither legal nor illegal unless you're exploiting someone" legislation in favor of a series of destructive anti-sex-work measures, which would include making payment for sexual services a criminal offense.

Yeah.

So I've been trying to help fight that (Not only out of personal interest, but for ethical reasons too because it will drive thousands to either misery or suffering) from my tiny, still unimportant party, which is pro-legalisation on paper, but has turned out to be not so much in practice. I'm currently part of a small, terribly understaffed initiative to push for further elaboration of the matter in our programmes and trying to foster internal debate amongst my zone's members (who have kind of disappointed me, but i'm getting used to it after the big bullfighting fight).  I don't know WTF I'm doing most of the time Run in circles flail But at least I'm trying to do something that matters and putting my skills to use.

So, yeah, I'm more or less alright so you don't have to worry about me, but I'm not coming back soon. Maybe if I find a regular job.
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

I ATENT DED Empty Re: I ATENT DED

Post by Enail Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:48 pm

Glad you're doing okay and looking after yourself. Take care!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:58 pm

Glad to hear you're not dead (or "ded") and my condolences to your loss. If cutting back on interacting here and other places is better for your mental health, all the better.

I am fascinated and impressed that you've become politically active in regards to sex work in your home country. I am glad to see your skills and passion directed towards something constructive. Many of us complain; you're trying to DO something about it which is great.

The U.S. of course has a completely different situation with prostitution. Aside for a few counties in Las Vegas, Nevada it has been illegal for well over a century if not longer. In practice, of course, it is difficult to enforce and the actual sex workers themselves usually face the brunt of abuse and legal ramifications, with the johns and "managers" often skirting it. And that is just for straight/cis sex; for other orientations it is even further underground. There are some political groups that do advocate for legalizing some of that, but they're small and mostly are a hodgepodge of fringe liberals (usually retired sex workers) and "self interested Libertarians," who are basically Republicans who want to get high and get laid without feeling the need to hide it or to apologize for it. And there are better odds of erecting a monument to the Flying Spaghetti Monster in Washington, D.C. than it ever becoming law anywhere.

Good luck with things, and thanks for checking in! Thumbs-up
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum