NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggested suicide resources for friends/family?

3 posters

Go down

Suggested suicide resources for friends/family? Empty Suggested suicide resources for friends/family?

Post by Werel Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:14 pm

Hey y’all. A lousy question to have to ask, but I know some of you have experience with suicidal ideation, or people close to you experiencing that.

My partner just spent a week in the hospital after a suicide attempt, and I’m pretty at loose ends for support for myself. Sure, I am talking to friends and family, but it would be good to talk to people who are in the same boat. Does anyone have good experiences with support groups, online forums, discord servers, etc. for friends/family/partners of suicide attempt survivors? The mental hospital was a low-budget affair that didn’t have any suggestions for me. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Suggested suicide resources for friends/family? Empty Re: Suggested suicide resources for friends/family?

Post by Enail Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:46 pm

Oh no, Werel! I'm so sorry you're dealing with that and I hope your partner recovers and feels as better as possible as soon as possible. I'm afraid I don't know of any resources myself, but I have heard that crisis lines/chat sometimes can point you to resource for friends/family/etc as well, so it might be worth trying. Many Jedi hugs and all the good wishes.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Suggested suicide resources for friends/family? Empty Re: Suggested suicide resources for friends/family?

Post by inbloomer Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:43 pm

I don't know of anything to recommend but there's definitely a need for it - it can be something that friends and family really don't want to talk about, even though they'll happily be supportive on anything else.

inbloomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:16 pm

Just in case anyone in a similar position is looking for resources in the US - I've signed up for a local support group for loved ones through the National Alliance on Mental Illness, hopefully it's helpful. You can find local support group chapters through NAMI here.
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum