NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me mask sex noises

4 posters

Go down

Help me mask sex noises Empty Help me mask sex noises

Post by Hielario Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:51 pm

Hello everybody! I was going to post an angry rant about another matter but I think this will be more productive.

Thanks to finally being out of the family house and moving to a big city, my gay side has been enthusiastically hooking up with men , even bringing them to my room a couple times (I swear, if I had half that success with women, I could die happy). However, there's an issue with bringing them to my place: It's a shared flat, and the wall betwen my room and Ecuadoran Flatmate's is very thin. I'm pretty sure I've heard him and his lovely girlfriend screwing a couple times, and I've heard them fight a bunch of times too. So the opposite must be true too: I'm not sure about whether they know it was with a man (and what a man!), but after the first time, they definitely knew there was fucking in there, because said flatmate&girlfriend were a bit awkward and distant for a few days after, or at least they seemed like it to me:shock: .

So I am currently looking for music that helps mask the noise of two grown men going to town on each other continously and reliably. The first time, a 1-hour mix of Caravan Palace was tried, and it obviously didn't work, judging from said awkwardness. The following time, it was a Vaporwave playlist; there are reasons to think that one worked a bit better, but it got a bit tiresome.

Any suggestions for spotify/youtube playlists, or online radio stations that be left running on my laptop?

It doesn't have to set the mood, but It can't actively unerotic; I got a joke recommendation for a weird electronic playlist at a NSFW Discord channel that made me want to beat someone, https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2pSBGqZhGREVM5y2MWxnvB?si=183eb36bb0b64484 if you're curious.

And I can't just put random popular pop/top 40 stuff because I find a lot of it actively terrible, esp. what's trendy with spanish-speaking people of my age (and I already stand enough of it at work). I mostly listen at classical radio and specific pop songs I got from radio, and some anime/videogame stuff, but they are too unreliable re: loudness. And when I google this sort of question, all I get are sexy playlists. I don't want something that blatantly obvious! It would be like hanging a placard in the door that says "Plowing someone right now".

If you could help, I'd be very thankful.

P.S: I don't have a stereo nor a record player, so please don't recommend music in physical format. I'm trying to not get too much stuff, my contract could end next year and then I'd have to pack everything and go back to my country.

Back to top Go down

Help me mask sex noises Empty Re: Help me mask sex noises

Post by Enail Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:06 pm

A white noise machine might work better than music; unfortunately, that would count as 'stuff,' so maybe doesn't work for you, but I think they have pretty small portable ones these days, so might be worth at least looking into.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:10 pm

Enail wrote:A white noise machine might work better than music; unfortunately, that would count as 'stuff,' so maybe doesn't work for you, but I think they have pretty small portable ones these days, so might be worth at least looking into.

Wow, those are real? I had only seen one in "Monk".
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:24 am

They're real and pretty common!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:30 pm

Interesting discussion! This is one of those many little things that a lot of inexperienced folks don't realize is a thing, yet totally is a thing.

In high school and college my pals would sometimes just use music (usually the metal they liked), but white noise sounds much better.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mikey Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:09 pm

Suggestion: with my audio engineering background kicking in, might I suggest hanging heavy curtains or comforters up on the wall or clamped on poles? The heavy fabrics serve as natural sound absorption/suppression.
The Mikey
The Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hielario Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:50 pm

Datelessman wrote:Interesting discussion! This is one of those many little things that a lot of inexperienced folks don't realize is a thing, yet totally is a thing.

In high school and college my pals would sometimes just use music (usually the metal they liked), but white noise sounds much better.

Hmmm, metal could work and I am not completely opposed to it, actually.

Also, high school?! I am weirdly jealous now, that shit just didn't happen in mine except maybe for some people at the last year.

The Mikey wrote:Suggestion: with my audio engineering background kicking in, might I suggest hanging heavy curtains or comforters up on the wall or clamped on poles? The heavy fabrics serve as natural sound absorption/suppression.

That's an amazing idea! But I can't make holes in the walls, it's a condition of the rental. I guess I could put vertical poles too, but it sounds a bit overcomplicated and it would take away a lot of visual space from a room where I spend a lot of time inside (I telework. Long story).

Would a wood/fabric screen work? The kind that can be folded and moved around?

Still,  it might be useful advice if I move again and I get a room with more leeway.
Hielario
Hielario

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mikey Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:07 am

Hielario wrote:

That's an amazing idea! But I can't make holes in the walls, it's a condition of the rental. I guess I could put vertical poles too, but it sounds a bit overcomplicated and it would take away a lot of visual space from a room where I spend a lot of time inside (I telework. Long story).

Would a wood/fabric screen work? The kind that can be folded and moved around?

Still,  it might be useful advice if I move again and I get a room with more leeway.

You just need to hang the heavy linen/cloths so that they muffle sound. So, a couple clothing racks with the heavy fabrics draped or clamped to them would work I think. Now when you say a fabric screen, I’m not sure I know what you mean. Could you show me?
The Mikey
The Mikey

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:17 am

Hielario wrote:
Hmmm, metal could work and I am not completely opposed to it, actually.

Also, high school?! I am weirdly jealous now, that shit just didn't happen in mine except maybe for some people at the last year.

During high school and college, one of my best friends' places was kind of like Eric Foreman's house in "THAT 70'S SHOW;" a local hangout for his extended circle of regular friends (which branched out to a good half dozen plus folks). Heck, he had some pals who practically lived there for extended periods of time (like Eric had with Hyde). That included the significant others they sporadically brought over. So, yeah...masking noise was something that happened.

That and shooing me off as the third (or sometimes fifth) wheel. Laughing
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum