NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen Wolf

3 posters

Go down

Teen Wolf Empty Teen Wolf

Post by UristMcBunny Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I have been enjoying this show since it started, but I wanted to post about it now because I just read a blog article that manages to articulate all the reasons that Teen Wolf is an awesome show. And these good things done in the show are done well enough that I didn't consciously notice them until I started reading this post and finding myself nodding along.

https://fozmeadows.wordpress.com/2015/01/22/teen-wolf-subversion-masculinity-and-gender/

So.

1. nuanced, consistent and developing portrayals of positive ways to re-imagine masculinity
  2. positive, nuanced and developing portrayals of women, queer characters, characters with disabilities, characters with mental health issues and characters of colour
  3. sheer diversity exhibited in the cast, which seems to actually reflect reality as I've experienced it more than most shows
  4. positive and healthy portrayals of sexuality in teens, including allowing boys to not want to be sexual and allowing girls, judgement free, to actively pursue sexual satisfaction

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Teen Wolf Empty Re: Teen Wolf

Post by waxingjaney Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm guessing this is not the cartoon.
waxingjaney
waxingjaney

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman Johnny Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Wait, an MTV spinoff of a 30 year old Michael J Fox movie doesn't suck? Is it on Netflix or Hulu or something?

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:59 pm

Ha! That was my exact thought, GJ. It's on Amazon Prime, but I don't know about Netflix or Hulu. I may have to watch.

Back to top Go down

Post by UristMcBunny Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:38 am

I was surprised it didn't suck, too! I think I initially checked it out in the hope it would be the kind of shitty show that would at least be amusingly shitty, but ended up surprised by how much I liked it. Does take a while to really find it's feet, but a lot of the awesome stuff about the show is there right from the start.

Moderator of "Romantic and Sexual Relationships"

http://uristmcdorf.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum