NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from?

3 posters

Go down

What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from? Empty What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from?

Post by PlasticFruit Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:46 pm

Well in a fantastic change from last year, Valentine's Day this year has yielded in flowers! The problem: I have no idea who they are from! I received one bouquet this morning before work and a second was waiting for me when I came home. Haha, so much better than last year. Anyways, possibilities...I'm casually dating a couple of guys, there is a friend who wants more and has sent flowers before and an ex who has expressed interest in getting back together. Will ignore the ex, but should I fish with the friend and the casual guys if they sent me flowers so I can say thank you?

PlasticFruit

Back to top Go down

What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from? Empty Re: What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from?

Post by Prajnaparamita Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Yeah, likely. I think if I was in the head of any of the guys who decided to send you flowers it would be as an attempt to get you to talk to them without pestering you with texts and also making you feel flattered in a "you have a secret admirer!" way. It sounds kinda like a daring move, because adding the weight of V day to a casual relationship is sometimes inadvisable, and I personally prefer it when people deal straight with me and announce their intentions, without leaving me with guessing games. But it sounds like whoever did it has a good read on what you like, or got lucky.

So yeah, fish, because that is clearly what the person wants you do to. I'll be sorry to hear if its the ex, because that just sounds like awkwardville all around, and trust that you're comfortable with what your friend who wants more wants from you. (Is there a reason he's still just a friend even after what seems to be a fairly obvious way of announcing his feelings? Not really any of my beeswax yet, just curious.)

Back to top Go down

What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from? Empty Re: What to do when you don't know who the flowers are from?

Post by PlasticFruit Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:20 pm

Haha, I just wish they'd sign the stupid cards because stalkers aren't cool!

Friend: we dated for awhile. It didn't work for me. I said I'd be happy to be friends but understood if he didn't want to be. We didn't talk for awhile and after some time passed, he said he'd like to be friends. Occasionally he'll touch base to see if I'd consider a romantic relationship but not in a pushy way which is why we have managed to be friends.

PlasticFruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:56 pm

PlasticFruit wrote:
Friend: we dated for awhile. It didn't work for me. I said I'd be happy to be friends but understood if he didn't want to be. We didn't talk for awhile and after some time passed, he said he'd like to be friends. Occasionally he'll touch base to see if I'd consider a romantic relationship but not in a pushy way which is why we have managed to be friends.

Okay, that's good to hear, as long as he is clear that it isn't going to happen and isn't pulling a Nice Guy (tm) on you, its perfectly within his right to make a fool of himself while filling your house temporarily with pretty things. I feel a little sorry for him, because he's likely just repeatedly torturing himself here... But flowers! They're pretty!
Prajnaparamita
Prajnaparamita

Back to top Go down

Post by PlasticFruit Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:28 pm

So one set was from the friend, but I have no idea who the other set is from and it is making me uncomfortable because this person knows my address and phone number.

So tip: do not send anonymous flowers or let the receiver know fairly sharpish who you are!

PlasticFruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:53 pm

PlasticFruit wrote:So one set was from the friend, but I have no idea who the other set is from and it is making me uncomfortable because this person knows my address and phone number.

Oooohhhh... This isn't good, that its been so long and nobody's said a thing... I want to reassure you that it might be something perfectly innocent like this but that's some creepy shit. Well if you do find out that it was one of the guys that you were casually seeing that did it, maybe you can be like like "Whoa dude, not cool" and know you can knock him off the list of potential mates? Sometimes its really nice to learn that someone is creepy/pushes boundaries/doesn't think through from somebody else's perspective before getting seriously involved. Other than that I don't know what silver linings I can provide.
Prajnaparamita
Prajnaparamita

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Try to figure out how widely available your address and phone number(house phone or mobile phone?) are. It could simply be nicked by someone seeing your full name on FB and then inserting it into Spokeo or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum