NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a birthday miracle!

4 posters

Go down

It's a birthday miracle! Empty It's a birthday miracle!

Post by Paladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:35 pm

I figured with all the lamentation that this forum sees, it's time for some good news.

So, as the few of you who have interacted me before know, my romantic life has not been too stellar for the past year or so. The Girlfriend and I are separated by a continent, and had major issues for the time she was here during the summer, such as her coming out as asexual and basically giving up on sex. My attempts to hook up with Other Friend, who *was* sexually attracted to me, after The Girlfriend left ended when she abruptly left me for someone else. My forays into OLD has led to exactly one good date, after which the young woman in question dropped off the face of the earth.

So basically I've spent the last six months or so wallowing in my misery, feeling generally unlovable and certainly unfuckable.

I was wrong. Hoo boy was I wrong.

Last Friday was my 29th birthday. As such, I dedicated pretty much the whole weekend to it. Friday night I had a kickin' birthday party at my place, which was great, though not particularly interesting for you, the reader. Saturday morning I managed to drag my hungover ass out of bed and head to the next town over to see more of my friends, and to go to the Victorian Ball, an annual period-style dance they hold there. I spent the day getting ready, and suited up in my finest in 19th century fashion. (My Victorian wardrobe is only outstripped by my Medieval wardrobe). I and my friends P., S., and T. all head over to the dance Saturday evening. It's a great deal of fun, we get to some of my favorite dances (Virginia Reel, anyone?), there's live, period music, tasty food, and a *bunch* of my friends from the area. It's basically Birthday party, part II.

One of the many activities we did were a couple of flirting-based parlor games common to the period. Apparently I'm a hell of a lot smoother than I realized, since I "won" every game I was in. And that carried over, as it turns out. Because, dear reader, I ended up getting propositioned not once, or twice, but three times in the course of the next 24 hours.

First, my friend L. L is an old friend of mine, though we've had somewhat of a tumultuous relationship at times. L's also never been shy about telling me how attractive she thinks I am, and has even propositioned me, in a half-serious way, before. So, she ends up being my dance partner, and her first impulse is to flat out offer me Birthday Sex. And apparently she was serious.

I ended up *not* taking her up on her offer. I love L. dearly, but I've come to the conclusion that sleeping with her would be bad idea. And from what she's told me, I think she agrees, but I guess she was willing to make an exception. (It didn't help that she got kind of aggressive about it, to the point of making me a bit uncomfortable).

Anyway, the rest of the dance was lovely. It comes to an end, I head back to P's place, where I'm spending the night, with about a half-dozen other friends who are also sleeping over there. *Everyone* brought a bottle of wine, and between the six of us, we go through about 4 1/2 bottles. In short, we have a rollicking good time. Which leads to my friend M *also* propositioning me. This one caught me by surprise, since I didn't think that M was into me, but apparently I thought wrong. It started out as a conversation on kink, which then went to us joking around, and then "no, but really." Unfortunately, I didn't take her up either, since we were both completely smashed, and consent issues aside I wasn't even physically capable of the act, anyway.

Eventually, we all crawl off to bed (just to be on the safe side, I share a bed with my very male, very straight friend T rather than M). I get up the next day go back home, and start to recover. That evening, I find out that Other Friend, from my misadventures this summer, has come out as Trans. This is not surprising in the least, but I message him to let him know I still love him, support him, etc. I also tell him I still want to cuddle the shit out of him at our next big SCA event. He thinks that's great, but warns me "watch out! I'm gay!" I'm confused why this is a problem, since I'm fairly certain you can't catch Teh Gay, and if you could, I probably already had. He's still pretty insistent about it, which puzzles me even more. Finally, it comes out. "I MAY MAKE SEXUAL ADVANCES, WILLIAM!" "YOU SAY THAT LIKE IT'S A BAD THING."

Not bad for someone close to 30. Of course, it's not quite ideal-I didn't actually get laid, for various reasons. I still think sleeping with L is not a wise idea, and hopefully she'll cool her jets a bit. With M, it may have just been the wine talking...but on the hand, in vino veritas. Guess we'll just have to see how that one pans out. With Other Friend, he may change his mind between now and then, especially as he comes to term with his gender, but again, we'll see. Still, I can say with pretty much certainty that as bad as my luck may have been, I'm definitely not unfuckable.

Paladin

Back to top Go down

It's a birthday miracle! Empty Re: It's a birthday miracle!

Post by Enail Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 pm

Awesome! Glad you had a good birthday and a pretty damn solid round of confirmation of fuckability! Grin
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Nice! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend and, yep, good Fuckability Confirmation Round. Not a bad birthday! cheers
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Prajnaparamita Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:29 pm

I love how you keep on saying "dear reader", I now have a mental image of you going to that Victorian Ball in Jane Eyer cosplay!

Anyway, congrats! Next time you're feeling down about yourself, maybe give this a read again?
Prajnaparamita
Prajnaparamita

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum