NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i'm too old for this

3 posters

Go down

i'm too old for this Empty i'm too old for this

Post by Glides Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:36 pm

i'm going to turn 28 tomorrow. i have been posting on some form of this forum for 11 years.

i'm too old to be like this.

Glides

Back to top Go down

i'm too old for this Empty Re: i'm too old for this

Post by Enail Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:46 pm

Sorry, there's no magic age where everything's suddenly different, life's going to keep being life, and ime it's pretty rare for it to feel like you're getting better at it. But you are.
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Datelessman Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:35 pm

Glides wrote:i'm going to turn 28 tomorrow. i have been posting on some form of this forum for 11 years.

i'm too old to be like this.

I can totally understand this feeling, especially as a birthday approaches. For what it is worth, in about a week and a half, I'll be 41. I've been blogging about being alone or my own downtrodden love life for approximately 8 years and been involved either here or at DNL's core forum for approximately 7-9 years, so I totally get it.

Enail is 100% correct that there's no "magic age" to be "free" of certain problems, feelings, trauma, and so on. The only way to resolve some of those issues is to work toward them, and at least coming here gives you someplace safe to express your feelings and get feedback from people who understand. To quote a recent pop culture phrase, "that ain't nothing."

When we're younger, "adults" seem older and wiser than they are, but then we become adults and realize that they're struggling just like we are. And comparing yourself to the milestones of others, whether real or in the media, is a tough way to live. And I don't say this from someone above it, but as someone in the trenches in a similar place, only well over a decade older, personally proving that age does not determine destiny by itself.

You have been through so much, and deserve happiness. Try not to forget that.
Datelessman
Datelessman

https://datelessman.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum