NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Co-intern Conundrum [adv/discuss.]

+3
Conreezy
UristMcBunny
eselle28
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Co-intern Conundrum [adv/discuss.] - Page 2 Empty Re: Co-intern Conundrum [adv/discuss.]

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:35 pm

reboot wrote:Signal interest this week for Weds/Thurs. If you want to get on the agenda sooner is better than later with people who are busy.

Yeah, that is typically my line of thought as well. I'll what I can pull from my butt.

Back to top Go down

Co-intern Conundrum [adv/discuss.] - Page 2 Empty Re: Co-intern Conundrum [adv/discuss.]

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Call me an idiot, but this is really beginning to sound like a bad idea. I know, I know ya'll are encouraging me, but isn't it also unprofessional to date a co-worker, or in my case a co-intern?

Can we just forget I said anything and lock it up? :/

Back to top Go down

Post by nonA Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 pm

Yeah, that is typically my line of thought as well. I'll what I can pull from my butt.

That's supposed to happen after the date, silly.

Call me an idiot, but this is really beginning to sound like a bad idea. I know, I know ya'll are encouraging me, but isn't it also unprofessional to date a co-worker, or in my case a co-intern?

Here's the rub. There'll always be some reason why your approach might not be appreciated, or why upgrading to romance might complicate things. If your top priority is avoiding those, you can never make any romantic advances and be content with the consequences of that.

If you want to have romantic success, you're going to have to learn to stick your neck out from time to time. Whichever way you want to go is cool, but remember that you're not going to have reward without exposing yourself to risk.

nonA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:41 pm

nonA wrote:

That's supposed to happen after the date, silly.

Oops, that was supposed to say "I'll see what I can pull outta my butt" in regards to something we could have done.

nonA wrote:
Here's the rub.  There'll always be some reason why your approach might not be appreciated, or why upgrading to romance might complicate things.  If your top priority is avoiding those, you can never make any romantic advances and be content with the consequences of that.

If you want to have romantic success, you're going to have to learn to stick your neck out from time to time.  Whichever way you want to go is cool, but remember that you're not going to have reward without exposing yourself to risk.

I'm cool with that, it hurts like shit, but I'm okay with is. What I'm NOT okay with (along with rejection, duh) is screwing over either of our professional careers and maybe getting slammed with a lawsuit or something. Goddamn it, there I go over thinking again. -facepalm- Sorry, but I've heard way too many stories of people doing innocuous stuff and getting the nasty end of lawsuit for sexual harassment.

I've definitely stuck my neck out there, both drunk and sober. But I'm not gonna risk getting sued or ostracized. :l

Back to top Go down

Post by Enail Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:44 pm

The Mikey wrote:Can we just forget I said anything and lock it up? :/

As per your request, I'm locking the thread. But feel free to PM me or any other mod if you decide you'd like to discuss more and want us to open it again!
Enail
Enail
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum