NerdLounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I've found the answer to all my problems

+12
OneTrueGuest
reboundstudent
Gman
Wondering
Gentleman Johnny
The Wisp
nonA
Werel
Enail
BasedBuzzed
Herr R
nearly_takuan
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I think I've found the answer to all my problems - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I've found the answer to all my problems

Post by Gentleman Johnny Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Werel wrote:

Hm, this is one of those things that's wildly variable from person to person.

And the strain. Professional pot growers (local growers, not your big cartel operations) know as much about selective breeding for traits as any thoroughbred or livestock breeder. The effects of different strains can be wildly different in type, not just intensity.

Gentleman Johnny

Back to top Go down

I think I've found the answer to all my problems - Page 2 Empty Re: I think I've found the answer to all my problems

Post by Wondering Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:02 am

Enail wrote:I wasn't joking. scratch

Oh, no. I knew you weren't. I thought Herr R might have been. I meant to add on to what you said; that's why I quoted it. Sorry!

Wondering

Back to top Go down

Post by Werel Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:21 am

nonA wrote:Following up on Wisp's question, for Werel or anybody else who might know.  Are there any good supportive places for first time pot users who don't know how they'll react?  Having people around to help keep you grounded is probably a better place if you do wind up with a paranoid high than being alone in public or up in your room.  (And IIRC, Wisp's family does not sound like the best people to manage him if he does wind up going crazy paranoid.)

Hm... I assume you don't live in a state with legal/medical? If you do, you might ask at a local dispensary, because patient meetup groups are common and would probably provide good avenues for finding safe, supportive spaces for newbies. The obvious choice if that's not an option is "with friends who are experienced with pot and also patient and kind," but if that's not an option, "with a non-smoking friend who is supremely nonjudgmental" is your best choice. Paranoia commonly rears its head in the form of social anxiety, so don't choose friends who like to rag on you, even in jest.

Don't want to derail from Herr's specific topic too much, so feel free to PM me or we can split the thread if more General Weed Questions arise. Wink
Werel
Werel
DOCTOR(!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:54 am

All I can say is that I can't wait to try shrooms, acid, mescaline and all the natural good stuff.

Herr R

Back to top Go down

Post by Gman Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:08 am

Herr R wrote:All I can say is that I can't wait to try shrooms, acid, mescaline and all the natural good stuff.

I'm pretty sure that acid isn't exactly what you call "natural". Also, shrooms are notorious for some of the possible nasty side effects that they can create - it's a known fact that nature is the source for some of the most lethal and dangerous poisons in the world.

If you ask me, you shouldn't be smoking at all - but if you do want to, then keep it strictly to weed only and even then limit yourself to avoid addiction - because it is very easy from there finding yourself doing much worse and much more dangerous drugs. Becoming dependent on any drug (alchohol included) to avoid/delay bad/nervous thoughts/feelings and as an escape from dealing with life is a very serious and real problem that you can find yourself in if you aren't careful....

What I'm trying to say is just be careful, because I doubt I can persuade you to stop doing drugs at all.
Gman
Gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:19 pm

Hey, at least I have no plans of trying the hard stuff. Well, maybe snort Ritalin or something if I can get my hands on it.

Herr R

Back to top Go down

Post by reboundstudent Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:44 pm

Herr R wrote:Hey, at least I have no plans of trying the hard stuff. Well, maybe snort Ritalin or something if I can get my hands on it.

I think I've found the answer to all my problems - Page 2 Tumblr_mzhhbhOrqO1t5b9ueo1_400

Dude.... this is really, really starting to seem like not only not a good coping mechanism, but actually a horrible idea.

Also, having dated someone who was pretty heavily into pot, let me just say, for every problem you think you solve through drugs, you create at least one more. Same amount of problems, just a different spin on them.
reboundstudent
reboundstudent

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:18 pm

Right now Herr I'm really scared for you. Sincerely. The way you are approaching drugs, your lack of understanding that "natural" doesn't mean good for you. Your excitement about trying everything (except the "hard stuff"). It's all very . . . adolescent. It's all "Hey I found something awesome I'm going to do all the things and it's going to make me popular and girls will like me and life is awesome yay!!!!" Take a step back. Drugs aren't evil, but they aren't good for you either. And they absolutely will not solve any of your deep rooted problems. Being so casual and cavalier can also be very dangerous. Drugs are not regulated, people mix all kind of shit up in there, and you just grabbing at them like candy is not good. If you're going to do drugs you need to approach them with a level headed scientific mind. Don't rush to do all the things. Start small. And please be careful. Your life isn't worth the high. It just isn't.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:14 pm

I've gotten high off pot a few times. Probably not the best ideas I've had, but it did help dull the edge the few times. I've never used it try an talk to girls because when I'm high I'm pretty useless (and if I'm really high, I'm laughing).

I'm just gonna echo what everyone else was saying and say don't approach drugs with such candor. I wouldn't touch meacaline, or Ritalin or anything crazy while high or sober to be honest. And screw acid, that stuff seriously messes with your brain chemistry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Herr R Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:45 pm

While being good with women would be a VERY BIG plus, my reasons for trying those things is more along trying to emulate two of my biggest heroes. The late and great Dr. Gonzo himself, Hunter S. Thompson and Mark Ames. Because you can't hope to be Gonzo unless you're on something and quite frankly, I can't find my writing mojo again.

Herr R

Back to top Go down

Post by OneTrueGuest Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:33 pm

As a professional author I have never been a fan of the idea that with intoxication or being high comes genius writing. I think those who pulled it off were very rare beasts who likely would have been just as brilliant sober. All that being said, if you insist on getting high to write I recommend this particular saying: Write drunk, edit sober.

OneTrueGuest

Back to top Go down

Post by BasedBuzzed Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 am

^This. While mind-expanding stuff helps with associative memory(or however you call it) up to a certain level, when I write down all the puns I make when wasted, 60% are utter crap.

Back to top Go down

Post by reboot Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:55 am

I imbibed a bit of everything in college as did most of my social circle and I noticed a few trends:

1. The people who were most likely to dodge the ill effects of substances were generally those with good mental health at the outset. It was probably because they were using it for recreation not self medication

2. For anything other than pot, only use it if you have 1-2 people you trust around for the first few times. You do not want people who are going to bail if you have problems or if you start problems (e.g. loud, vocal arguments with pigeons in a park)

3. OTG and BB mentioned it and I will reiterate, you often feel more creative and brilliant when high. This is often not true. A sober and harsh editorial eye should be applied to any post imbibing work.

4. Avoid ingesting pharmaceutical drugs by routes they were not developed for, so swallow pills, do not snort or inject them. Some of those binders that are fine in stomach acid are not so fine on mucus membranes or in the blood.
reboot
reboot
Moderator of "Other Relationships" and "Gender, Identity and Society"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:20 pm

reboot wrote:
3. OTG and BB mentioned it and I will reiterate, you often feel more creative and brilliant when high. This is often not true. A sober and harsh editorial eye should be applied to any post imbibing work.

I do not recommend getting high when it comes to any kind of creative work at all. It can maybe help free the mind to think outside the box, but at the same time, you can probably toke out and go to sleep and not write a single word. So, beware.

Some of the greatest artists that ever lived went on to live up until their 80's and 90's and never took drugs of any kind. Michelangelo and Picasso both lived to 88 and 91 years old, respectively. You don't need drugs to be creative, you just need to think. Steve Jobs, your personal opinion of him aside, once said, "Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn't really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That's because they were able to connect experiences they've had and synthesize new things."

It doesn't take a genius, just some observation and seeing what works and what doesn't.

Back to top Go down

Post by nearly_takuan Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:05 pm

A friend recently revealed that he had taken a powerful stimulant once hoping it would help him with an assignment. He did successfully compete the assignment in time...after dusting every keyboard and mouse in the lab, naming sure the stapler had the "perfect" number of staples, and coloring in all the closed spaces in letters on the whiteboard.
nearly_takuan
nearly_takuan

Back to top Go down

Post by Barretts_Salt Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:10 pm

nearly_takuan wrote:A friend recently revealed that he had taken a powerful stimulant once hoping it would help him with an assignment. He did successfully compete the assignment in time...after dusting every keyboard and mouse in the lab, naming sure the stapler had the "perfect" number of staples, and coloring in all the closed spaces in letters on the whiteboard.

Too funny:)  My evil ex never met an illicit substance he didn't like, and whenever he dropped acid he'd clean the *entire* house.
Barretts_Salt
Barretts_Salt

Back to top Go down

Post by Conreezy Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:10 am

Barretts_Salt wrote:
nearly_takuan wrote:A friend recently revealed that he had taken a powerful stimulant once hoping it would help him with an assignment. He did successfully compete the assignment in time...after dusting every keyboard and mouse in the lab, naming sure the stapler had the "perfect" number of staples, and coloring in all the closed spaces in letters on the whiteboard.

Too funny:)  My evil ex never met an illicit substance he didn't like, and whenever he dropped acid he'd clean the *entire* house.

I did the same on Adderall. I'm pretty sure you could have performed surgery in my bathroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by InkAndComb Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:07 am

Herr R wrote:Hey, at least I have no plans of trying the hard stuff. Well, maybe snort Ritalin or something if I can get my hands on it.

I can't tell if you're trolling or serious here.  May I humbly suggest Erowid as your travelling guide for personal experiences and information from accredited sources (some from individuals, some scientific research as well).  Being willing to experiment is one thing; just going into it blindly is another.

I think of it as your interactions with a drug are a relationship, and like any relationship, there is potential for escapism, abuse, and unhealthy habits.  Maintenance of a relationship often falls in line with maintenance of the self; if you can't survive without the relationship, or the relationship is causing problems in other facets of your life, it is officially Unhealthy.  That doesn't mean you can't dip your toe in the experiment water; personally I know many people who function professionally and socially in a healthy manner while using marijuana or alcohol on a regular basis. I wouldn't say any one of them accredit it to using substances solely though.
InkAndComb
InkAndComb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum